Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2018, 05:24 PM   #41
Pathological Tinkerer

"...Not gonna go an faster in this car without taking out your wallet..."

MaxD/Maytag,

I am planning on going down to UMC on Saturday on Tres Duros weekend on Oct 6 for HPDE 1 for my first track day. Are either of you planning on going that weekend? Would be interesting to meet up.

Sorry for the Off topic posts.

Last edited by P_Carfahrer; 09-22-2018 at 08:07 AM.
P_Carfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 07:11 PM   #42
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Carfahrer View Post
MaxD/Maytag,

I am planning on going down to UMC on Saturday on Tres Duros weekend on Oct 6 for HPDE 1 for my first track day. Are either of you planning on going that weekend? Would be interesting to meet up.
I want to, but previously engaged at park city. I'm waiting for them to publish the schedule so I can see if there's any of it I can get to.

So you haven't been here before? Where are you coming from?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 07:58 AM   #43

Quote:
[Originally Posted by P_Carfahrer
MaxD/Maytag,

I'll be out two or three day that weekend. We can certainly meet up.

NASA HPDE1 is a great program, you get you own run group, an instructor all day and you will be running full track - edit. It is the QuadDuro, racing on all four configurations in two days.

PM me if you have any questions.

Last edited by MaxD; 09-22-2018 at 03:39 PM.
MaxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 08:06 AM   #44
Pathological Tinkerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
I want to, but previously engaged at park city. I'm waiting for them to publish the schedule so I can see if there's any of it I can get to.

So you haven't been here before? Where are you coming from?

I have been there on a couple of track days hanging out with one of the local Porsche racing teams but have never taken my car out. I am coming from Ogden area.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:09 AM   #45

Quote:
thanks RK! Good eye, man!

Now find me some half-price LCA's too, will ya? haha
i'll keep my eyes open. i'd found a beat-up set for free, but jaykay checked them out and said they were beyond repair.

at $200 for the camber plates, that's small $ for lots of camber. an easy install and you can run them until you know where you are going with the car, then sell them for what you paid for them.

fyi, i am at the point that i need a full suspension rebuild and am finding that the elephant racing products lca/trailing arm combo is actually less $ than fully built gt3 lcas and oem trailing arms purchased seperately, and provides a lot more adjustability (caster, track width; but you need to be willing to remove all compliance from your suspension). quadcammer is in the process of installing them; excited to hear back on what he thinks.
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 11:29 AM   #46
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
i'll keep my eyes open. i'd found a beat-up set for free, but jaykay checked them out and said they were beyond repair.

at $200 for the camber plates, that's small $ for lots of camber. an easy install and you can run them until you know where you are going with the car, then sell them for what you paid for them.

fyi, i am at the point that i need a full suspension rebuild and am finding that the elephant racing products lca/trailing arm combo is actually less $ than fully built gt3 lcas and oem trailing arms purchased seperately, and provides a lot more adjustability (caster, track width; but you need to be willing to remove all compliance from your suspension). quadcammer is in the process of installing them; excited to hear back on what he thinks.
Good info.
I sent the seller of those camber plates a message, but haven't heard back yet.

Last edited by maytag; 09-22-2018 at 01:04 PM.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:14 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
I just completed an almost full rebuild of mine. Included the Elephant Racing LCA's up front and Toe links in the rear. They are of great quality, and easily adjustable by any shop. My alignment shop loved setting them up. Not to mention - fully rebuildable by the user. I'll eventually put some in the rear too but they weren't necessary to get the camber I wanted so I saved the $$$. Honestly, compliance won't suffer that much if at all, in fact - with the sealed bearings suspension action will be improved. There are still rubber bushings where the lateral links attach to the subframe.
rastta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 09:26 PM   #48

Quote:
Good info.
I sent the seller of those camber plates a message, but haven't heard back yet.
Hey maytag, you may have to go back to 2014 to get a quicker response from that seller ..lol

Sorry, couldn't resist..
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:29 AM   #49
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
Hey maytag, you may have to go back to 2014 to get a quicker response from that seller ..lol

Sorry, couldn't resist..
Um.... why? Seller posted that ad on sept.12, 2018.

I'm sure what you're saying is funny.... I just don't get it. Haha

Old 10-01-2018, 06:16 PM   #50
Who's askin'?

Quote:
I have been there on a couple of track days hanging out with one of the local Porsche racing teams but have never taken my car out. I am coming from Ogden area.
So what did you decide? You coming down? I'll be there friday only. Come find me. #711

Old 10-06-2018, 12:21 PM   #51
Pathological Tinkerer

Maytag,

I am here today. Weather turned better than expected. How did it go for you yesterday?

I was putting a new cluster in my car and an underdrive pulley and waited till I was sure I was good before registering and when I tried it was full. 🤬🤬

I am here hanging with some GTSU guys I met last year.

Next year I guess. Now I will have all winter to do more work on the car.
Old 10-06-2018, 01:27 PM   #52
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Maytag,

I am here today. Weather turned better than expected. How did it go for you yesterday?

I was putting a new cluster in my car and an underdrive pulley and waited till I was sure I was good before registering and when I tried it was full.

I am here hanging with some GTSU guys I met last year.

Next year I guess. Now I will have all winter to do more work on the car.
I was there on friday. For a minute. If you hear anyone talking about the porsche on fire at the BlackRock hairpin....... yeah..... that was me.
So you and I will BOTH be on a spending spree over the winter, haha.

Last edited by maytag; 10-06-2018 at 01:32 PM.