View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 02:52 PM   #2
The Radium King

i think you are a very advanced driver (1.1 lat g at 80 mph is fast) so are going to have to decide if you want a track car or a road car. a jack of all trades is a master of none and all that. also, how much to you want to spend. the entry level coilovers have gotten quite good and come with camber plates for cheap negative camber and ability to adjust softer/stiffer. a good track alignment is going to rough you up on the street. i can get to -3 in the front with my ksports and still drive it around. not that enjoyable, however, and really only do it to go to/from the track. a good set of sways will stiffen the car up without having to touch the struts and will have no noticeable effect on the street. the go-to is the gt3 front and tarett rear, which also require drop links (i have a spare set if interested). sways will certainly help to fix understeer. i think first step is tires. not sure i think square is the right move; ok for racers who burn through tires, but for DE, use the width to tune the balance of the car. on 18", 235F/265R is a great setup that tames a twitchy rear end and locks the front down. and get some cheap wheels (or light - choose one) and run a dedicated track tire; an nt01 will let you drive to/from the track with not a lot of drama. an r7, well, time to buy a trailer. for power, you can also add lightness which is equivalent (and saves brakes and tires) or do exhaust which does both. race seats re much lighter but have the added benefit of better driver control. but now you have loud exhaust, uncomfortable seats, twitchy alignment, scary tires, stiff suspension - still a streetable car?
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote