View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 03:22 PM   #3
rastta

I agree with Radium King for the most part. On my old TT - I eventually had all spherical joints in the front and rear suspension and poly motor mounts, camber plates, KWV3's etc. running -3 degrees on the street. It does get old.

However - you mentioned the R+T Ohlins. I have them on my Cayman and they are outstanding on the street - IMHO better riding than stock and batter handling. They are capable of only lowering the car 18-20mm. That's similar to a Porsche sport suspension so it isn't that low. The level of adjustment will get you more stiffness on track and if you ever get more serious, you can add stiffer springs and the valving will still work up to a point.

I just put Elephant Racing adjustable LCA's on my Boxster. They are high quality and completely rebuildable, including the boot and the joint. They don't require shims and are excellent quality and easily adjustable including having caster adjustment. They don't cost much more than a GT3 control arm with shims.

I run 240/40/18 and 275/40/18 rear on the Boxster and never have much of a problem with the rear end or understeer in the front. However, if you choose to street drive the car - with a lot of camber - you'll probably be better off running square so you can rotate them.

I also have the GT3 front and Tarett rear bars, but both are set on soft or near full soft, as I'm runnning 700/800 lb springs f/r. As for tires - I don't think NT01's can be beat without going to a full slick or other non-street legal tire.

If you are going to make changes, the best change would be the adjustable arms and good coilovers or have your Bilsteins serviced and put on spec boxster springs. That would be a cheaper start. If you have the coin though - the Ohlins will significantly outperm that setup on street and be equal if not better on track.

Last edited by rastta; 09-18-2018 at 03:24 PM.
rastta is offline   Reply With Quote