Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2017, 06:43 AM   #21

I see you have gone ahead and done your upgrade. Nice to see that you are happy with it and having fun.

For others it may be of interest to know that you may get lucky and find a set of used PSS9 off of eBay for around $1000. It may be a better buy than shopping each part by itself.

I got a set with racing springs and strut mounts included. I do not feel the need (yet) for stiffer sways with these springs.

2011 Mistubishi i-MiEV
Norway
Bebbetufs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:00 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
Should the word rebound be replaced with compression? in the above sentence?
Yes, you are correct Steve! "Bump" is also known as "compression damping". I'll edit my post to clarify.

I'm not sure that having non-adjustable shocks is in any way a "feature"... However, the extremely digressive rebound valving of the FSD makes them special.

You can have better quality shocks (e.g., many Konis and Bilstens) revalved, by the way, should the need to change them still hit. They need to be taken apart and usually a service like proparts of truechoice (Koni authorized rebuilders) would be the folks to talk to about this. Koni has a good racing support team.
Old 11-27-2018, 05:46 AM   #23

Swaybars

Reviving a dead thread!! Finally getting around to the swaybar upgrade on my 2000 Boxster. Very happy with the H&R lowering springs and Koni sport shocks coupled with the OZ wheels and TOYO 888r's. The car feels and drives very stable and planted and lap times are coming down. Ran a personal best of 2.24:35 at VIR last weekend. WHat set-up are you using and what do you recommend?
Background. This is not being prepped for racing, I have a 1986 944 racecar as well. I am simply developing the Boxster for track days without rules as far as moficications. Budget? As always I have my eye on the bottom line, looking for the best bang for the buck. As I did with the springs/shocks, PSS9 didn't make sense after speaking to many that went that way and never make any adjustment, the H&R/Koni setup suits me nicely and I save some cash over fully adjustable.
Thanks in advance for the assist!

Swiftmotoring is offline   Reply With Quote