Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2015, 06:29 AM   #21

Thus far I have replaced the factory dash and rear paper cone speakers with some Infinity ones following advice from here. I am not big on mods and prefer to keep the car as original as possible but replace wear items and renew as needed and upgrade where it makes the most sense. That is why I was looking for an original un-molested car in the first place. And the factory speakers make sense to upgrade and it still retains the factory look.

Candidly on my list was the factory Bose system as the advice given to me is that is a must for the Boxster. And when I first talked to the seller I was told (at least I thought I heard it that way) that it had the Bose system. Quickly I found out that it didn't have it, but by that time I was hooked on the car anyway. So not a deal breaker I suppose but would have been nice. The new speakers help but still I prefer the engine to the stereo anyways. Oh well, maybe I will upgrade the amp and HU later.

It should stop raining by tomorrow or Thursday and be sunny...mid 60's...perfect driving weather!

Dave

dsallean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 06:06 AM   #22

Ray,

Thanks for the comments and tips on the exhaust. Not sure what I have for Cats but I will check it out.

One other update I did was the ash tray delete. Not a smoker and I like the storage pocket better than the ash tray open as storage. BONUS: I found...not kidding...about $10 worth of quarters in the center console under the ash tray when I removed it!

Dave
dsallean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 06:22 AM   #23
2003 Base 5-speed

Garage
One other update I did was the ash tray delete. Not a smoker and I like the storage pocket better than the ash tray open as storage. BONUS: I found...not kidding...about $10 worth of quarters in the center console under the ash tray when I removed it!

Dave[/QUOTE]

#Winning!

Actually, that is good you got the coins out of there. You wouldn't want them fouling up the gear shift.

My first mod was ashtray delete, but all I found under it was cigar wrappers and ashes.
grc0456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 11:09 AM   #24

Very lovely!! Am a new white boxster owner myself and a new member of this forum. Love the color of your cars' interiors!!

maxglam is offline   Reply With Quote