View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 09:41 AM   #1
dsallean

Introduction - new owner 01S

Howdy,

I just want to make an intro as is proper forum etiquette. The car is a white 01 6-speed S 90K which I got in southern CA a few months ago. I am in TX and after looking at a number of local cars for months I decided to look in CA and found one in only a few days that hit the right chords for me.

A little back story: Been a car guy since a kid and have had (l'm not alone in this) cars from most European countries, Japan as well as domestics over the years. Most recently sold a completed rebuild project in Jan/Feb and with cash burning a hole in my pocket started looking for a replacement weekender. A good friend and current 993, former Box and other Porsche owner convinced me to look at the Boxster. He used to race one of his Porsches and I told him I was interested in a 911. He said sure but if you get a Box you will really like it! So that's when I started looking hard at the Boxster.

I must say so far I love it. Equally importantly my wife of 27 years loves it. Pics or it didn't happen right...this is from before I picked it up in CA.

Dave in TX

dsallean is offline   Reply With Quote