Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2014, 11:24 PM   #21

Garage
Yep, try to be courteous, admit (partial) guilt, etc. etc. It does help to limit the damage.
I must admit that I have to bite my tongue, though. Cops on Long Island are very rude and, hm, how should I put it, don't come over like they had any proper education. I find it very difficult to respect someone that doesn't play by the rules himself. When not having their siren on cops should also obey traffic signs and speed limits. It's quite common to see them speeding through residential neighborhoods and jumping stop signs, probably because they are trying to get to their donuts and coffee asap.

nieuwhzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:45 AM   #22

I have "Sorry" by Brenda Lee as #1 on the cd changer. I played that as the cop was walking up to my window; he started laughing so hard he had to hold on to the car to keep from falling over. Didn't get the deserved ticket.

Rapid motion through space elates one; so does notoriety; so does the possession of money.
pierre shags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:33 PM   #23

I've been stopped a few times, but have never gotten a speeding ticket. I've found the police that have stopped me to be friendly for the most part, whether it was the city police, county sheriff's department or TX Hwy Patrol. In my Porsche, I've been stopped for doing 41 MPH over the limit, and 27 MPH over the limit and didn't even get a warning. The only warning ticket I ever got was for being 8 MPH over the speed limit driving my wife's Buick Rendezvous by a DPS trooper when I was on my way to a funeral.

My wife on the other hand has been stopped two times in her Rendezvous and has gotten speeding tickets on both occasions LOL
thenavarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:12 PM   #24

Garage
I've gotten a speeding ticket before in the Boxster. 50 in a 40. I always show respect to police officers with yes sir, and ma'am, etc, but they treat me like I shot their dog.
Kenny Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:52 PM   #25

No reason to admit guilt here, Folks...that can only hurt you.
OKCShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 04:42 PM   #26

These Plano cops have yet to give me a break. Don't get me started.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:59 AM   #27
Damn Yankee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre shags View Post
I have "Sorry" by Brenda Lee as #1 on the cd changer. I played that as the cop was walking up to my window; he started laughing so hard he had to hold on to the car to keep from falling over.
Pure genius!

TO

TeamOxford is offline   Reply With Quote