View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 08:38 AM   #1
sudheendrar

Garage
First encounter with a cop in my boxster!

Had my first encounter with a cop today!

My son and I filled up gas and headed out of the parking lot and gunned the boxster to merge onto the service road. I noticed in the corner of my eye a Plano Police Tahoe parked on the side-street. Immediately slowed down (thanks Porsche brakes) but was still above the 45mph speed limit. I realized he will stop me when I saw his wheels turn as I passed him and lo and behold, I saw the lights in my rear view mirror. Pulled over to the side street and he followed me in.

Waited for the officer to come up to me, rolled down the window and he asked me if there was an emergency that prompted me to be driving over speed limit. I said "No officer" and had my License in my hand for him. He took the same, went back to his cruiser, checked something while my son reached out for the glove box for the Insurance card.

Seconds later, he comes back with just my licence in hand, and asks me if I knew what the speed limit was - I said 45 and he advised me to follow the same, handed me my licence and just let me go - did not even issue a warning note!

Perhaps he did not really have a radar/laser gun to clock me or it was my lucky day!

Lesson learnt - don't gun your car as soon as you exit a gas station! You will stand out in the crowd - Not that you will not when you have a lovely ride

2009 Boxster Metallic Blue
sudheendrar is offline   Reply With Quote