Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
Ex Esso kid

Again, I suspected you would be a baby and you didn't disappoint! Hey did you see the end caps are not paper or did you not even read their response? Special polymer designed to seal and outperform normal plastic, see what you can learn when your mind isn't closed? But hay you run with NAPA know how, they know German! AND Mustang connecting rod specs, helofa basketball they printed too.

Last edited by Ghostrider 310; 05-24-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:04 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider 310 View Post
Again, I suspected you would be a baby and you didn't disappoint! Hey did you see the end caps are not paper or did you not even read their response? Special polymer designed to seal and outperform normal plastic, see what you can learn when your mind isn't closed? But hay you run with NAPA know how, they know German! AND Mustang connecting rod specs, helofa basketball they printed too.
I do know what an inane and meaningless “let’s start a pissing contest” response from some one with no real experience in the subject, no objective data, and no meaningful knowledge other than the regurgitated commercial drivel provided by a manufacturer with a commercial interest to protect looks like……………………….

Like your mind, the subject is now closed.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:30 AM   #3
Ex Esso kid

No objective data, you mean supplied by the manufacturer and developer of the technology? You mean Mahle, the people who showed your contention that the filter ends are paper to be a manifestation in your own mind that you passed on as facts? Go put an addition on the house for your ego. Like you I'm done now do as you wish with your car, I'm super glad I didn't have to interface with you in business as I am sure you feel the same about me. Let's just quietly think each other idiots and let the boys go back to their blog.

Last edited by Ghostrider 310; 05-25-2012 at 05:35 AM.
Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:06 AM   #4

I am absolutely STUNNED that a manufacturer would send an email response, and a lengthy, well-written one at that.

I called the idiots at Amex not less than 10 times to repeat the same problem. And the kicker, the guy on the phone at Verizon tried arguing with me that it wasn't their fault that they sent one defective after another for 10 months. Virtually every other big company I deal with have either folks answering the phone who can barely speak the language of the customer or have absolutely no interest in fixing a damn thing.

Good job MAHLE.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:20 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
I am absolutely STUNNED that a manufacturer would send an email response, and a lengthy, well-written one at that.

I called the idiots at Amex not less than 10 times to repeat the same problem. And the kicker, the guy on the phone at Verizon tried arguing with me that it wasn't their fault that they sent one defective after another for 10 months. Virtually every other big company I deal with have either folks answering the phone who can barely speak the language of the customer or have absolutely no interest in fixing a damn thing.

Good job MAHLE.
Probably a canned response from the marketing department because of the number of inquiries’ they have gotten on the subject……………
Old 05-25-2012, 08:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
Probably a canned response from the marketing department because of the number of inquiries’ they have gotten on the subject……………
but what do you have to say about this argument?

"The material is superior to a plastic and even an elastomer (rubber) seal, due to the fact that it can compensate the thermal expansion and contraction of the filter module components during different operating phases such as cold start, warm-up, cool down.."
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
but what do you have to say about this argument?

"The material is superior to a plastic and even an elastomer (rubber) seal, due to the fact that it can compensate the thermal expansion and contraction of the filter module components during different operating phases such as cold start, warm-up, cool down.."
If it is so damned good, why does it tear around the center opening? I have never seen a Wix do that. And it does not address the glue line delamination failures where the media is bonded to the end cap, which is an even more common failure point.

Last edited by JFP in PA; 05-25-2012 at 09:05 AM.
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote