Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2015, 05:35 AM   #561

+1. I would definitely buy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppy986 View Post
How about a full strip LED center tail light

amitmishra4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:33 PM   #562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
Updating your tracking #s as the Poffice here email them bk to me. Its random, they are releasing by batch, little-by-daily policy (not my rules). Should take the week (4-5days) to update :/

My job's done, I go play for-free and I'll report back RE what I did with your money. Hint: I've reinvested it! look out for the upcoming news lol
OH OH excellent hope it comes to me soon can hardly wait. :dance:
Will the tracking #s be via the ordering website or will you personally email them to us Fred? By the way thanks for everything, how is JJ doing?
Old 06-10-2015, 08:03 AM   #563

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonD View Post
OH OH excellent hope it comes to me soon can hardly wait. :dance:
Will the tracking #s be via the ordering website or will you personally email them to us Fred? By the way thanks for everything, how is JJ doing?
J's tha man, never gonna be the same. He tasted what near death feels like for the first time. He's a tough puppy now loll

That was his soft silicon rubber toy in his mouth (helps cooling). He has this fetish at home, carry this thing everywhere he goes for some freakish reason. Dog was doing high fever and not ventilating normally, low energy etc... so.... that cube toy came in handy (for once). We went shooting arrows together at the pro-club this Sunday afternoon - he stayed there at my side alerted & scanning all of that 2hrs.... I think we looked pretty cool loll

Note to all, if you want to get your puppy to settle down in a flash, feed him industrial grade insecticides. Werks

ps. tracking # are inputted in the system. Gtp sends out an email automat when updated but I'll make dbl sure you get it and send a separate note mate... look up for spam lollll

pps: 21 are gone already, 47 more to shoot out of there. Nasty stuff...
Old 06-10-2015, 02:14 PM   #564

Quote:
J's tha man, never gonna be the same. He tasted what near death feels like for the first time. He's a tough puppy now loll

That was his soft silicon rubber toy in his mouth (helps cooling). He has this fetish at home, carry this thing everywhere he goes for some freakish reason. Dog was doing high fever and not ventilating normally, low energy etc... so.... that cube toy came in handy (for once). We went shooting arrows together at the pro-club this Sunday afternoon - he stayed there at my side alerted & scanning all of that 2hrs.... I think we looked pretty cool loll
Thanks for the update on JJ Fred, very glad to hear he is well and over the crisis.

Thanks also for the info on tracking muchly appreciated!!
I'll let you know when it arrives.
Look forward to your next DIY idea
Old 06-10-2015, 06:45 PM   #565

Garage
Yes, very good to hear JJ is doing well. Even better to hear that he is out and about with you.
BFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 05:53 AM   #566

As I eagerly await the arrival of my Etched LED Edgelight Wind Deflector, I thought I would attempt to remove the old one to make sure I knew had to do that before it arrived...

It seemed easy enough - two small clips and voila... However, the clips are a bit confusing. Do they get pulled up to release or pulled toward the back?

I gave it a whirl this morning - attempting to gently pull toward the back - and the darn thing snapped off...

Can someone please explain how those clips work (and in addition, how one can replace a broken one).. Pictures or a video would be very much appreciated...
soxfan1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 06:18 AM   #567

Garage
You lift on the clip slightly, and then push the windstop towards the back of the car. Yes, the whole clip mechanism is cheaply made. I just replaced one of the holders attached to the roll bar. The plastic breaks easily, especially with age. Here are links to replacement parts.

Wind Deflector Installation Kit:Suncoast Porsche Parts & Accessories

Wind Deflector Clip:Suncoast Porsche Parts & Accessories
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights

Last edited by BruceH; 06-18-2015 at 01:57 PM.
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 04:05 AM   #568

Fred,

Hi. Just wanted to see if you can help. Ordered the windbreaker in mid May and the gtp website has shown status as processing ever since. However a cpl of weeks ago, my paypal payment was refunded. However the website continues to show that I have an active order still being processed. On June 16, suspecting that my order may have been cancelled but the website not updated, I ordered another. Now the website shows two orders being processed. Can you help? Thanks.

Larry

Ps. Haven't received any indication that my order has shipped. To be clear, I only need one.
022520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:50 PM   #569

SkyBreaker all gone, well nearly, 4 left to go. Unbelievable

We got caught by the post office. Max outbound daily is 5pcs and they stood by their rule all the way. Local post office is cheap, well compared to the private carriers. If they wouldn't have these rules in place everyone would use their service and they'd end up as busy as the McDonald right next door.

So that's the treatment they offer to little nobody like myself who ship without a legit business registration :/

Updated the site with all of your tracking No. And I am not going to do nor ship out a massive group-buy for anything "Best in the World" anymore - I think lollll

Still haven't found the time to report on what I've done with your monies. I owe you guys! Will do this during the coming weeks once I get a few pics taken

Larry - I'll get one in the mail for you mate, if you promise to stop harassing me by pm, email and forum lolllll Sorry about the PP refund btw, Paypal does that sometimes
Old 06-18-2015, 02:06 PM   #570

Garage
I received shipping confirmation of my new bullet proof Skybreaker 30 minutes ago

Can't wait to do the install...thanks again for all the hard work Fred!!
Old 06-18-2015, 02:17 PM   #571

Rubber bullet proof mate, rubber

Yea those coated ones are indeed good. Easy install, miniature everything, comes with stylish precision CNC etc etc. They are just a little illegal

Cool kit, worth the wait I promise.

You guys with the RED leds, go easy on the brightness and all should be fine 'safety-wise'. Also, careful it is a head turner especially during the Saturday night in traffic. Nearly everyone stare at mine big time, taking pics with the mobby and all :/ Slowing down the traffic even more loll
Old 06-18-2015, 07:52 PM   #572

Quote:
We got caught by the post office. Max outbound daily is 5pcs and they stood by their rule all the way. Local post office is cheap, well compared to the private carriers. If they wouldn't have these rules in place everyone would use their service and they'd end up as busy as the McDonald right next door.

So that's the treatment they offer to little nobody like myself who ship without a legit business registration :/

Updated the site with all of your tracking No.
It's still showing as 'processing' on my account on the website Fred. Guess my parcel must still be at the bottom of the pile. I know it will eventually arrive, but I just wish China Post would pull their fingers out of their collective lazy asses and mail my frikkin parcel, just starting to get frustrated that's all But thanks for the update

Last edited by JonD; 06-18-2015 at 07:58 PM.
JonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:18 AM   #573

Fred,

Sorry about the harassment. Guess I got too excited. The paypal thing threw me off. I'll cool my heels and be patient. And by the way, thanks again for the amazing Skybreaker Sometimes I just gaze at the windscreen and imagine the new one in place. I've bragged to a few friends about it and they make fun of me constantly. Of course, they're just jealous.

Larry
Old 06-19-2015, 01:38 AM   #574

Quote:
It's still showing as 'processing' on my account on the website Fred. Guess my parcel must still be at the bottom of the pile. I know it will eventually arrive, but I just wish China Post would pull their fingers out of their collective lazy asses and mail my frikkin parcel, just starting to get frustrated that's all But thanks for the update
Jon - its long gone man (#CP299*903*1CN), and so all of the others I've been told this morning by my little post lady (I owe her a box of chocolate, arggg). Once I get access to my virus free PC I'll logon the gtp admin and input this into the system so you can have the full string mate.

Rushing China Post. You are having a laugh... One-point-Four+ billion population country. Just the fact that this 'post system' works at all is beyond comprehension lollll Impossible logistics made possible!

ps. they know what I am doing there (e.g. business related) and don't report me or bother me too much. As long as I don't rush them We've unloaded a truck full of those SkyBreakers on them man... picture that for a min loll Took them a week, can't complain (personally) but I know what you mean, can be frustrating to wait for your stuff.

I apologize to you and others. One of these day GTP will have its own workforce "team" which will rank the Best in the World. Same as Apple and Microsoft
(^hmmm keep sniffin pmma vapors fred lolllll)
Old 06-19-2015, 05:18 AM   #575

Quote:
Rushing China Post. You are having a laugh... One-point-Four+ billion population country. Just the fact that this 'post system' works at all is beyond comprehension lollll Impossible logistics made possible!

but I know what you mean, can be frustrating to wait for your stuff.

I apologize to you and others. One of these day GTP will have its own workforce "team" which will rank the Best in the World. Same as Apple and Microsoft
(^hmmm keep sniffin pmma vapors fred lolllll)
Hehehe no need to apologise for yourself man (it's not you) I wish you luck getting as BIG as Apple one day!! But a word of warning, if you take your goods and try and sell through eBay using China Post as couriers...Hory Clap forget about it!
By the way
How do you blind a Chinaman?
You put a windshield in front of him. LOL

Last edited by JonD; 06-19-2015 at 05:30 AM.
JonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:55 AM   #576

Garage
Quote:
By the way
How do you blind a Chinaman?
You put a windshield in front of him. LOL
I don't get it?
boxster6354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 11:19 PM   #577

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxster6354 View Post
I don't get it?
Just playing on a common concept that 'Asians' are poor drivers.

Don't know how true it is, but a personal friend of mine and comedian 'Anh Do' told me that joke. Look him up very funny man.
Old 06-21-2015, 01:04 PM   #578
tmt

Hey Fred,

Stumbled across this thread and just spent good part of my day reading from project inception to now - absolutely love it. Great job man! Convinced me to place my order today and join this forum to say thank you. Can't wait to get started - Happy fathers day gift to me!

I'm also happy to hear J.J. is doing better. Had my rottie for 13 years and have a sense of what you went through.

Tony
Old 06-21-2015, 01:52 PM   #579

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmt View Post
Hey Fred,

Stumbled across this thread and just spent good part of my day reading from project inception to now - absolutely love it. Great job man! Convinced me to place my order today and join this forum to say thank you. Can't wait to get started - Happy fathers day gift to me!

I'm also happy to hear J.J. is doing better. Had my rottie for 13 years and have a sense of what you went through.

Tony
Wow, 13 years, top dog man. Longest live I had out of this beloved race is 12 years. JJ and Thor are my 7th and 8th Rotties... really hope they'll both make it to 3 years at least. This JJ thing got my wife and I thinking about moving out of here :/ we're all depressed lolllll

Got ya on the SkyBreaker Tony. Red & Bleu led choice. Will do this week and shoot out during the coming weekend. Welcome to the forum btw!!!

Larry, David, same timing on yours (if you are reading this)
Old 06-22-2015, 12:32 PM   #580

Thanks Fred,

No more harassment from me. Heels planted firmly in ice.

Larry