Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2006, 08:33 AM   #1
Vendor

Talking Performance Exhaust and Header for Boxster

Hello 986forum.com Members,

My name is Che, I'm a New member in this forum. I'm Looking for a Member that is willing to try out the Boxster Exhaust and Header for FREE, in return that particular Member needs to Provide Baseline and After Dyno Result on this Forum along with Review write up. I will collect $1,000.00 Deposit for the Exhaust System + Header, Once that member provide all above requirment the Full Deposit will be Return immediately.

Dyno Result Requirment:
Stock Baseline -> Header Installed Dyno Result -> Exhaust + Header Installed Dyno Result

Eligible Criteria: (One Member Only)
The Boxster I'm Looking for is 97-99 2.5L with Stock set up, Intake Mods will be fine.

This is Link for the Detail Information and Pictures of the Exahust and Header:

http://search.stores.ebay.com/delubozparts_boxster_W0QQfciZQ2d1QQfclZ4QQfsnZdelu bozpartsQQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftsZ2QQsaselZ24549228QQs ofpZ0

I'm also a Very Active Member in this Forum:

http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB2/search.php?mode=results

You can verify my Posting and Feedbacks + Comments I had from that Forum members. You can Search under Jen Che Lin,Che,Che's,Deluboz,Delubozparts this way you know I'm very Sincere and want to Offer same Sevice in this Forum Community.

Please E-Mail deluboz@aol.com if you have additional Questions, Thank you for your time !!!

Best Regards,

Che

Last edited by delubozparts; 08-31-2006 at 12:30 PM.
delubozparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:49 AM   #2

I am interested, and I live in Houston, so I can drive up for your little experiment or do it down here in Houston. Contact me via my cell phone at 832-474-7381 to talk about it.

I assume that I keep the exhaust mods afterwards, right?

For those of you who want to know the results of this test, skip to page three to see my dyno results and comments about the products!

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 09-21-2006 at 02:52 PM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:16 AM   #3
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
I am interested, and I live in Houston, so I can drive up for your little experiment or do it down here in Houston. Contact me via my cell phone at 832-474-7381 to talk about it.

I assume that I keep the exhaust mods afterwards, right?
Wow, that was Fast !!! Nice talking to you Randall. I will accept your proposal and use your Boxster for this experiment, per our conversation we both Agreed this experiment will held after 9-18-06

For other Members Please stay tune on this Post, or e-mail me if you have any questions. Thank you !!

Best Regards,

Che
Old 09-04-2006, 04:28 PM   #4

You only list a header for 2.5,

Are you planning on making a 2.7 / 3.2?

Also, are you offering any better price to forum members?
MCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 08:26 PM   #5

Hi,

Call me cynical, but this sounds suspiciously like a new twist to getting free advertising without paying sponsorship fees. Maybe not, but we'll see...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 05:55 AM   #6
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCase
You only list a header for 2.5,

Are you planning on making a 2.7 / 3.2?

Also, are you offering any better price to forum members?
Hi MCase,

The Header for 2.7L/3.2L will be avaialble end of this year, still making necessary O2 Sensor Locations for the US Model Boxster's. Thank you !
Old 09-05-2006, 06:03 AM   #7
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

Call me cynical, but this sounds suspiciously like a new twist to getting free advertising without paying sponsorship fees. Maybe not, but we'll see...

Hi MNBoster,

You have Rights to by cynical, currently at this stage this is a Experimental Testing on the Header and Exhaust. Of course its only fair for me to pay all necessary Fees to this Forum and be able to advertising in Future

Che
Old 09-05-2006, 06:13 AM   #8
bmussatti

I like Che's approach! And, the beneficiary couldn't have been a nicer Forum member! Good for you, Randall!

In return, Che will get a well written report from a very active & articulate member.

Looks like a win-win to me!
Old 09-05-2006, 10:51 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
I like Che's approach! And, the beneficiary couldn't have been a nicer Forum member! Good for you, Randall!

In return, Che will get a well written report from a very active & articulate member.

Looks like a win-win to me!
Hi,

In my past career running several hotel companies, I Beta-Tested numerous products and equipment for the likes of EcoLab, Sealey, Manotowac, Otis, Bell Labs, 3M Co., and FORD.

Not once was my company charged any kind of fee (deposit or otherwise), in fact, the manufacturer paid us!

And what? There aren't any Boxsters in this guy's neighborhood? He can't contact the Service Manager at a Porsche Dealership and offer to Beta-Test on some willing customer's car? (or did he already try that?)

Again, I may be cynical, but it sounds more like a sale than anything else. And, what disclaimer is made to actual or consequential damage(s) to Randall's car, today, tomorrow, next year? Who will be driving it? Will this jeopardize Ins.? What with the deposit and the like, it seems Randall is taking all the risk. It's the fabricator who should be leaving Randall with a deposit, not the other way around. It smells suspiciously like Sale #1 to me. I mean why $1,000? This cannot be the total fabrication cost because if it is, the products dead before it gets started because it'll have to retail for $1,600+ to be profitable and the aftermarket for Boxster exhausts simply isn't that big. Actual cost is probably closer to $300-$350 so why the $600 upcharge? Is Randall paying for the Dyno work as well?

This guy's eBay rep isn't the best I've seen, and from his past sales, he seems to be a metal fabricator who produces any number of widgets and gadgets for everything from Civics to Jeeps. How that makes him an Intake/Exhaust expert (especially for a Porsche) is beyond me. He is a recent member with only 4 posts and three of them as replies. Much of the automotive aftermarket is akin to a support group for charlatans, not that I'm making any accusations, I'm not, but time will tell.

Randall's a Big Boy and can make his own decisions. But, let's all refrain from singing this guy's praises just yet...

Last edited by MNBoxster; 09-05-2006 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:11 AM   #10

I agree with MNBoxster on this. THis is my opinion, but why doesn't the header/exhaust company pay CHe? Why is Che even involved!? I can see the terms and conditions of offer and acceptance already. . . ." will not return the $1000 because customer failed to perform77 of the requested 78 tests. . . therefore in breach of contract,. . . .bad faith. . . . customer failed to test adequately.....customer exceeded the limitations of said product. ...customer (here's the big one) DAMAGED OUR PRODUCT during the course of tests by exceeding ______________fill in blank.....blah blah blah"
Just my 2cents opinion of course.
Let me say it here. Randall, I'm betting you'll never get your 1k back!! Don't do it. THere's just too much room for them to weasel out.
jeffsquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:21 AM   #11

Hi Randall,

Just to give you some more FACTS before you make your decision...

Magnaflow Performance Exhaust gives away a FREE Exhaust as a thank you for helping them produce a cat-back exhaust system.

What usually happens is the consumer releases the vehicle to MF for testing. MF has the car fo about 3 business days and runs an initial dyno on the car for a baseline. Then MF designes and fabricates the Cat-back system. After that, a JIG is built so the kit can be replicated for production then the car is given back to the consumer with all OEM Parts and the new MF kit installed. The car with the kit is then dyno proven to confirm positive results. After a week or two the new cat-back system produced from the jig is test-fitted on the original vehicle which takes just 1 day. A rental car is available at NO CHARGE for the consumer at any time...no hassle.

At the end of the day an automotive enthusiast gets a FREE dyno proven exhaust system and a rental car to use while the vehicle is at MF.

Out of Pocket costs: $O

KRZ

Voghtland 30-50mm Coilovers
19x8.5 x 19x10 Forgline rims
Magnaflow Exhaust

Last edited by KRZTACO; 09-06-2006 at 09:37 AM.
KRZTACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:31 PM   #12
Vendor

Hello Everyone,

I knew by offer the Header and the Exhaust for this forum will always have 2 groups of opinions 50 Negative and 50 Positive.

The Deposit are just to assured the Dyno Result and write up review are follow through as Agreed, regardless the outcome of the Dyno results and write up review full deposit will return to Randall immediately. I could of find a Boxster here locally and offer free rental car just like Magnaflow offer, would anyone feel comfortable by left expensive Boxster to someone and without knowing who is working on the installation ??? Chances are No way !!!

I could of Provided Dyno Result + Review, than again who would take that as geniune creditble informations, probably just another sales pitch. By offering this to a reputable and creditble member without any fake or bias informations will prove truthfull results on these Header and Exhaust.

Randall would have choice of his own on Reliable Installation facility + Dyno Facility and fully in control of his Boxster in town not somewhere else for 2-3 days.

Definitely there will be more Negative or skeptical Posts, Please let this be a Mutual Post till Randall follow through with the results.

Best Regards,

Che
Old 09-05-2006, 12:57 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by delubozparts
Hello Everyone,

I knew by offer the Header and the Exhaust for this forum will always have 2 groups of opinions 50 Negative and 50 Positive.

The Deposit are just to assured the Dyno Result and write up review are follow through as Agreed, regardless the outcome of the Dyno results and write up review full deposit will return to Randall immediately. I could of find a Boxster here locally and offer free rental car just like Magnaflow offer, would anyone feel comfortable by left expensive Boxster to someone and without knowing who is working on the installation ??? Chances are No way !!!

I could of Provided Dyno Result + Review, than again who would take that as geniune creditble informations, probably just another sales pitch. By offering this to a reputable and creditble member without any fake or bias informations will prove truthfull results on these Header and Exhaust.

Randall would have choice of his own on Reliable Installation facility + Dyno Facility and fully in control of his Boxster in town not somewhere else for 2-3 days.

Definitely there will be more Negative or skeptical Posts, Please let this be a Mutual Post till Randall follow through with the results.

Best Regards,

Che
Hi,

OK, so let me get this all straight. You join this group and rather than introduce yourself (as an eBay reseller of non-model/marque specific aftermarket components) and survey the group for thoughts on aftermarket exhaust systems and suggest that you may be able to produce one which will exceed the OEM system or other aftermarket offerings, you immediately dangle an offer for a FREE exhaust system. Oh, FREE, uh, except for a $1,000 deposit pending a post installation/testing testimonial.

You want someone (apparently Randall) to give you $1,000 of their hard-earned money and risk the wear/tear (and possible damage) to their car (anything can happen from CELs to stripped heads from installation, etc.) But, you have no confidence that the person you select will write a testamonial after getting a FREE and improved exhaust system unless you hold $1,000 of their money as security? As Jack Nicholson said in As Good As It Gets: "Where's the trust...?" Remember, it was you who came to us, not the other way around.

I'm sorry if you feel we're skeptical, but maybe we're just looking out for one of our own.

If you're so above board and interested in an unbiased opinion, why not waive the deposit altogether? Surely you can appreciate that one might not get a totally unbiased report if there were concern that a negative testamonial might result in the forfeiture of a $1,000 deposit.

Sorry, but I remain unconvinced. And, I did research your eBay offerings, both past and present. You're a reseller and sell a lot of needless junk to unsuspecting car owners, this totally useless Voltage Stabilizer http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-986-Boxster-S-Boxster-Voltage-Stabilizer-V2_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33577QQihZ020QQitemZ 300021702098QQtcZphoto is a case in point.

(Sarcasm Mode ON) I cannot tell you how many reliability or performance issues we see here because of unstable voltage in the Boxster. It's a plague larger than RMS failure! (Sarcasm Mode OFF)

You have a combined total of 40 Neutral or Negative feedbacks in the past 12 mos. alone, how many of these are from Voltage Stabilizer buyers?

And, it occurs to me that if you are just a reseller, why does this system (which is already being produced and sold) need to be Beta-Tested to begin with?? Who actually manufactures this system? Where is it made and what materials are used? Is it Road Legal and smog certified in any or all 50 states?

I return to my original thought - You're just looking for new markets and trying to avoid advertising costs associated with them.

Maybe you can peddle your system to the Miata Board - http://miataforum.com/

Good Luck!...

PS Sorry, but so far it seems that your prediction of a 50/50 split in opinion may be a little optimistic...

Last edited by MNBoxster; 09-05-2006 at 03:27 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:17 PM   #14

[QUOTE=delubozparts]Hello Everyone,

The Deposit are just to assured the Dyno Result and write up review are follow through as Agreed, regardless the outcome of the Dyno results and write up review full deposit will return to Randall immediately.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then why charge Randall $1000!!!!!!!!!!!
Randall is a member of this forum.
Randall has over 2,000 posts.
Randall posts often and frequently.
Do you think Randall WILL NOT write a review and follow through when he posts on such topics as heated seats, tires, oil, tops, car wax, and window chips!!!??
Isn't a header/exhaust far more important?
How about this: you provide Randall a FREE header and exhaust.
You install it.
Randall tests it.
If Randall likes it and provides a dyno result he'll post a positive review and let forum members know.
If Randall doesnt like and provides a dyno result it he'll post a negative review and let forum members know.
If Randall likes it he'll keep it for free.
If Randall doesnt like it he'll get rid of the damn thing w/out fanfare. Hell, you can have it, after all he doesn't.
If not, then I take everything back and apologize either way, even if the product is substandard. :troll:
jeffsquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 05:40 PM   #15
Vendor

Quote:
Hi,

OK, so let me get this all straight. You join this group and rather than introduce yourself (as an eBay reseller of non-model/marque specific aftermarket components) and survey the group for thoughts on aftermarket exhaust systems and suggest that you may be able to produce one which will exceed the OEM system or other aftermarket offerings, you immediately dangle an offer for a FREE exhaust system. Oh, FREE, uh, except for a $1,000 deposit pending a post installation/testing testimonial.

You want someone (apparently Randall) to give you $1,000 of their hard-earned money and risk the wear/tear (and possible damage) to their car (anything can happen from CELs to stripped heads from installation, etc.) But, you have no confidence that the person you select will write a testamonial after getting a FREE and improved exhaust system unless you hold $1,000 of their money as security? As Jack Nicholson said in As Good As It Gets: "Where's the trust...?" Remember, it was you who came to us, not the other way around.

I'm sorry if you feel we're skeptical, but maybe we're just looking out for one of our own.

If you're so above board and interested in an unbiased opinion, why not waive the deposit altogether? Surely you can appreciate that one might not get a totally unbiased report if there were concern that a negative testamonial might result in the forfeiture of a $1,000 deposit.

Sorry, but I remain unconvinced. And, I did research your eBay offerings, both past and present. You're a reseller and sell a lot of needless junk to unsuspecting car owners, this totally useless Voltage Stabilizer http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-986-Boxster-S-Boxster-Voltage-Stabilizer-V2_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33577QQihZ020QQitemZ 300021702098QQtcZphoto is a case in point.

(Sarcasm Mode ON) I cannot tell you how many reliability or performance issues we see here because of unstable voltage in the Boxster. It's a plague larger than RMS failure! (Sarcasm Mode OFF)

You have a combined total of 40 Neutral or Negative feedbacks in the past 12 mos. alone, how many of these are from Voltage Stabilizer buyers?

And, it occurs to me that if you are just a reseller, why does this system (which is already being produced and sold) need to be Beta-Tested to begin with?? Who actually manufactures this system? Where is it made and what materials are used? Is it Road Legal and smog certified in any or all 50 states?

I return to my original thought - You're just looking for new markets and trying to avoid advertising costs associated with them.

Maybe you can peddle your system to the Miata Board - http://miataforum.com/

Good Luck!...

PS Sorry, but so far it seems that your prediction of a 50/50 split in opinion may be a little optimistic...
Hi MNBoxster,

I'm sorry that you feel strongly Negative about this Post, but you are a truthful stand up guy that watching out for your peers. Of course I'm new in this community, at least its a start for me and got nothing to hide. I'll need all kinds of Luck I can get, you know what ~~ I'll waive the deposit from Randall just to prove you wrong.

Best Regards,

Che
Old 09-05-2006, 05:44 PM   #16

Jim, (MNboxster)

You nailed it. I was actually the first one to read the post and thought yeah right. I think I will pass. There was that little guy in my head saying "But it will be a free exhaust" and the other little guy said " Dont do it" remember the old saying if its too good to be true then well...... it is.
Randall, I hope you dont get boned.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:02 PM   #17

Quote:
Hi MNBoxster,

I'm sorry that you feel strongly Negative about this Post, but you are a truthful stand up guy that watching out for your peers. Of course I'm new in this community, at least its a start for me and got nothing to hide. I'll need all kinds of Luck I can get, you know what ~~ I'll waive the deposit from Randall just to prove you wrong.

Best Regards,

Che
Hi,

I'm sure that Randall is appreciative of your waiving the deposit. But, that still leaves several unanswered questions.

Do you manufacture this system or do you buy it and resell it? If the latter, who makes the system? Where is it made and what materials are used? Mild Steel? Stainless? Is it Road Legal? Is it SMOG Certified?

If you are a reseller, why are you doing the Beta-testing? Doesn't the manufacturer have some data on it already? Where's the benefit to you to further test it independently? Do you have the manufacturer's consent to publish any such results?

And, what if a person from this Board tests it? So what?

Do you think Randall's testimonial will mean anything more to a bidder on eBay than any claim you could make? They won't even know who Randall is.

Also, Beta-Testing is done to a car which is examined and found to be in excellent shape - within Manufacturer's specs - fresh Oil, fresh plugs, top-quality fuel, properly operating fuel regulator, fuel pump, injectors, etc. Without this, the test data is not meaningful. But, you didn't make any such stipulations or state that such things would be checked.

I might be swayed into putting my car at potential risk for a company with a reputation like MagnaFlow or Supersprint, but who the heck are you? What assurance do I have that the product will not ruin my Car, or my emissions system, or DME, either immediately or after some accumulated time/miles? Where will you be if it does? Is your business Brick and Mortar or just some rented space on a server in Cyberland?

And, if you are a reseller, I suspect that you ARE using this forum to sell the product and avoid paying for advertising as the recognized Sponsors are doing. They support this Board and it's our responsibility to protect the exclusivity they're paying for. They keep this Forum running. Without them, we'd either be forced to pay or the Forum would shutdown altogether.

I still suspect that all you are trying to do is gain favor and market share with the 6,000 members of this Forum, nothing more. And, I don't find your product line or your feedback statistics very reassuring...

Last edited by MNBoxster; 09-05-2006 at 06:09 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:52 PM   #18
Vendor

Quote:
Hi,

I'm sure that Randall is appreciative of your waiving the deposit. But, that still leaves several unanswered questions.

Do you manufacture this system or do you buy it and resell it? If the latter, who makes the system? Where is it made and what materials are used? Mild Steel? Stainless? Is it Road Legal? Is it SMOG Certified?

If you are a reseller, why are you doing the Beta-testing? Doesn't the manufacturer have some data on it already? Where's the benefit to you to further test it independently? Do you have the manufacturer's consent to publish any such results?

And, what if a person from this Board tests it? So what?

Do you think Randall's testimonial will mean anything more to a bidder on eBay than any claim you could make? They won't even know who Randall is.

Also, Beta-Testing is done to a car which is examined and found to be in excellent shape - within Manufacturer's specs - fresh Oil, fresh plugs, top-quality fuel, properly operating fuel regulator, fuel pump, injectors, etc. Without this, the test data is not meaningful. But, you didn't make any such stipulations or state that such things would be checked.

I might be swayed into putting my car at potential risk for a company with a reputation like MagnaFlow or Supersprint, but who the heck are you? What assurance do I have that the product will not ruin my Car, or my emissions system, or DME, either immediately or after some accumulated time/miles? Where will you be if it does? Is your business Brick and Mortar or just some rented space on a server in Cyberland?

And, if you are a reseller, I suspect that you ARE using this forum to sell the product and avoid paying for advertising as the recognized Sponsors are doing. They support this Board and it's our responsibility to protect the exclusivity they're paying for. They keep this Forum running. Without them, we'd either be forced to pay or the Forum would shutdown altogether.

I still suspect that all you are trying to do is gain favor and market share with the 6,000 members of this Forum, nothing more. And, I don't find your product line or your feedback statistics very reassuring...

Hi MNBoxster,

I'm a manufacturer for these Headers and Exhaust in Taiwan, family own Business (Definitely not a Brick and motar or a Server in Cyberland). They are made of T304 Stainless Steel with Robotic TIG Weld, Header are all mandrel Bend Piping with 16 gauge Thick Stainless Steel Piping with 1/2" Thick CNC Machined Flange. Exhaust are made from 2 seperate Muffler Canister with Straight through perforated Stainless Steel Chamber again all mandrel Bend with TIG Weld. These Header and Exhaust will Pass Emission Test except didn't have Carb.Exempt # Required by California Emission Regulations.

This Free Header and Exhaust Experiment are conducted in Exchange for Actual Dyno Results and Feedback by a Reputable Member (Randall) We both Gain mutual benefits. Is it Fair ??? Obvious not by your standard. To Randall ??? Yes Everyone here in this forum are well Educated to made His or Her own Decisions.

What does the Header and Exhaust Installation have to do with ie: fresh Oil, fresh plugs, top-quality fuel, properly operating fuel regulator, fuel pump, injectors, etc. All I'm Looking for is Baseline Dyno -> With Header -> With Header and Exhaust Plus any necessary Informations given by Randall.

Have I Offer any Sales to any members ??? NO All I'm doing is conducting this experiment. Out of Respect, I would pay for all Advertising or Sponsorship Fees if any sales were conducted. For all Business to stay running and operates required expense, which I'm fully awared of. If any 986forum.com Moderators thought this Posting required any Fees, Please do let me know and I'm willing to pay for immediately.

Of course I'm nobody,just a family own Business manufactured and Sells product directly. Unfortunately I don't have unlimited Funds to do Heavy Advertising Campaign like other well known Companies, All reputable companies starts out somewhere small and takes time to built up slowly. I've been in this Business for 6 years and all Business Transactions are done word of mouth with repeated customers. At least I should get a chance to prove myself, not just assuming and marked negative about me and products.

Sure sometimes things are just too good to be true,but not necessary good things can't happend.

As for my Feedback Remark, 99.7% with 6 years Sales History more than 12,275 Positive Transactions and with 33 Negative Transactions, Nobody is perfect and tends to make mistakes. Some of the Negative Feedback were mistake left by Customers, I do admitted at 25 Mistakes but all taking care of.

Randall had all my Personal informations such as Business locations and Home address plus contact e-mail and telephone, I'm not here to take advantage of anyone and disappeared.

Please arrest my case, and let time and results be the judge of the outcome.

Best Regards,

Che

Last edited by delubozparts; 09-05-2006 at 07:55 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:05 PM   #19

Quote:
Hi MNBoxster,

I'm a manufacturer for these Headers and Exhaust in Taiwan, family own Business (Definitely not a Brick and motar or a Server in Cyberland). They are made of T304 Stainless Steel with Robotic TIG Weld, Header are all mandrel Bend Piping with 16 gauge Thick Stainless Steel Piping with 1/2" Thick CNC Machined Flange. Exhaust are made from 2 seperate Muffler Canister with Straight through perforated Stainless Steel Chamber again all mandrel Bend with TIG Weld. These Header and Exhaust will Pass Emission Test except didn't have Carb.Exempt # Required by California Emission Regulations.

This Free Header and Exhaust Experiment are conducted in Exchange for Actual Dyno Results and Feedback by a Reputable Member (Randall) We both Gain mutual benefits. Is it Fair ??? Obvious not by your standard. To Randall ??? Yes Everyone here in this forum are well Educated to made His or Her own Decisions.

What does the Header and Exhaust Installation have to do with ie: fresh Oil, fresh plugs, top-quality fuel, properly operating fuel regulator, fuel pump, injectors, etc. All I'm Looking for is Baseline Dyno -> With Header -> With Header and Exhaust Plus any necessary Informations given by Randall.

Have I Offer any Sales to any members ??? NO All I'm doing is conducting this experiment. Out of Respect, I would pay for all Advertising or Sponsorship Fees if any sales were conducted. For all Business to stay running and operates required expense, which I'm fully awared of. If any 986forum.com Moderators thought this Posting required any Fees, Please do let me know and I'm willing to pay for immediately.

Of course I'm nobody,just a family own Business manufactured and Sells product directly. Unfortunately I don't have unlimited Funds to do Heavy Advertising Campaign like other well known Companies, All reputable companies starts out somewhere small and takes time to built up slowly. I've been in this Business for 6 years and all Business Transactions are done word of mouth with repeated customers. At least I should get a chance to prove myself, not just assuming and marked negative about me and products.

Sure sometimes things are just too good to be true,but not necessary good things can't happend.

As for my Feedback Remark, 99.7% with 6 years Sales History more than 12,275 Positive Transactions and with 33 Negative Transactions, Nobody is perfect and tends to make mistakes. Some of the Negative Feedback were mistake left by Customers, I do admitted at 25 Mistakes but all taking care of.

Randall had all my Personal informations such as Business locations and Home address plus contact e-mail and telephone, I'm not here to take advantage of anyone and disappeared.

Please arrest my case, and let time and results be the judge of the outcome.

Best Regards,

Che
Hi,

Che, I have no issue with a small businessman trying to grow their business. Nor do I have any issues per se with goods from Taiwan. Though some are produced using substandard materials and shoddy workmanship, others are quite excellent. I have no way of knowing to which category your products belong, so I reserve any judgement in this area.

Aside from working for several major corporations in my life, I too was a small businessman. I started an Internet Marketing Business several years ago. Things were slow at first, I was working for free mainly to preserve my investment. We didn't have the ability to compete toe-to-toe with the bigger players, but we worked harder and the business grew. I sold my interest just 5 months ago for many hundreds of times the initial investment I made, so it all worked out.

But, we couldn't place ads in the NY Times or the WSJ, so I had to find other ways to get my product out there, but not by hijacking a Forum ostensibly by offering to have someone Beta-Test my product like you have done. This could (and probably should) have been done by you through PM (Private Message or email) rather than in an open Forum.

We have sponsors who pay good money to have exclusive access to this Forum. And, they sell Headers and Exhausts as well, your thread is a direct competition to them. If you cannot afford to do this too, well, then that's too bad, but that's all it is.

You cannot feign being a small businessman and use this excuse to circumvent the rules or proper procedures (especially with an eBay history of 12k+ transactions, at least under your current name). If eBay is all you can afford right now, well that's what you're going to have to use. Sorry, but that's the way it is. Several of our members regularly scan eBay as well.

You'll notice that I never once suggested that Randall not do business with you, that's not my concern, Randall can do as he wishes. I do think your Beta-Test offer is irregular (especially to my experience), and so I expressed my opinion and experience. I personally would not take you up on your offer, for the reasons already stated, though I cannot speak for others.

But, when you use a Forum to which I'm a member to directly compete with the Sponsors who keep us running, then I have a right (perhaps even a duty) to speak up on their behalf.

Make no mistake, if you were a sponsor, I'd defend you just as vigorously (think how you'd feel if you were paying to advertise to this group and someone just joined and displayed a competing product without paying a fee?). Whether you make make an actual sales pitch, or use a testimonial from one of the members to display your product in front of this Forum's 6,000 members, you are still selling. You know this and I know this.

So far as your eBay statistics, this too is a valid issue. I have 6k+ transactions with 100% positive feedback. The percentages can be misleading, which is why eBay discloses the past 12 month's feedbacks. The raw numbers are more important because sheer volume can mask a problem seller (and we both know that often people are reluctant to leave negative feedback, even though they weren't satisfied). You have been one at least for some of your transactions. It's fair game to bring this up, especially for some stranger who just joins the group, and who in his first post, tries to secure $1,000 from one of the members. It was you who invited people to check you out, so crying foul now just has no validity.

I don't wish you any ill will. But, I'm not going to apologize for calling them like I see them, especially where the membership is at stake. These are good guys (and girls) who come here for accurate information on their cars and associated products and services. I'm sure that Rich (aka Bruce) tries to select honest, straightforward sponsors for just this reason.

The right thing for you to do is to take this thing private between you and Randall until such time as you can afford, and/or decide, to become a sponsor. Then there would be no problem with what you are trying to accomplish. I hope it all works out...

Last edited by MNBoxster; 09-06-2006 at 07:14 AM.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:03 AM   #20

Che, do you know why you get some hot responses or even have a clue?

1. Do you own a boxster or planning to get one or even a Porsche enthusiast?
2. You had or have 7 posts only
3. No matter what your feedback score is, you are an Ebay seller (nothing is wrong with that, except people may label you as vendors trying to unload their stuff).
4. No matter what the outcome of the dyno result is, you are and have been advertising yourself to us. Saying that you have not offered any sales to members is a complete BS in my opinion. Negative or positive feedback is an exposure and I don't think members like to feel being used for this purpose.

Yes it is unfair to vendors who have been advertising in this forum and paid $ from their hard work and sweats. Members like me posts images, etc in this forum which eats up bandwidth that could costs a lot to maintain every month.

IMHO you should pay the advertisement fee in this forum first or contribute with enough posts, then get member to try out your products for free.

Just my 2 cents.