Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2015, 01:43 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by alm001 View Post
I have no problems seeing a bagged boxster. Good luck!
Thankyou very much!

nathanmoutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 01:45 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallblock454 View Post
Hi,

i found this on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD7IIbtBSVU

Think you will run into different problems if you really want to slam the car, because of the axle and trailing arm construction. Also as mentioned before the underbody is completely dressed up with plastic elements to improve air flow. So if you get too low there wille be a lot of damage. Think this will be a challenging project.

Regards from Germany
Markus
I would be driving it close to stock height to keep the damage to a minimum. That's the only reason I am not doing a static set up on this car. Only to be parked and slammed.
Old 08-12-2015, 01:54 PM   #23

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
that's one of the more tasteful body kits I have seen

Boxster kits tend to look pretty good, even fake Carrara GT kits. However the wheel wells ALWAYS look off and it ruins everything.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 09:37 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanmoutlaw View Post
I would be driving it close to stock height to keep the damage to a minimum. That's the only reason I am not doing a static set up on this car. Only to be parked and slammed.
OK, but before starting the project i would recommend to take a very close look at the axle construction and esecially the training arms. I'm pretty shure the trailing arms will limit the lowering so you can't really let the car sit down without damaging something.

And because the Boxster is intended to be a sports car - if you install the air bag suspension - this will never work under sport aspects. So than your car is no longer a sports car. It's than a show cruiser. If that is your intention - OK. But don't expect a sports car driving experience from a bagged car.

Regards
Markus

Last edited by Smallblock454; 08-13-2015 at 09:40 AM.
Smallblock454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 10:53 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallblock454 View Post
OK, but before starting the project i would recommend to take a very close look at the axle construction and esecially the training arms. I'm pretty shure the trailing arms will limit the lowering so you can't really let the car sit down without damaging something.

And because the Boxster is intended to be a sports car - if you install the air bag suspension - this will never work under sport aspects. So than your car is no longer a sports car. It's than a show cruiser. If that is your intention - OK. But don't expect a sports car driving experience from a bagged car.

Regards
Markus
I have no intentions of taking it to the track or spirited driving. Just for show purposes.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:47 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
You gonna put Lambo doors on as well?
I haven't laughed alone in a while, but this got me
martsink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 05:00 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanmoutlaw View Post
Once again, not everyone's taste. Just looking for intelligent feedback. I'll do what I would like with my car.
You say you sold your last project? I'm not sure what you're planning to do with this one when finished, but bare in mind that the market for heavily modded Porsches is basically nil. In my experience most Porsche fans like their cars to be close to original in general, so don't be surprised if you end up losing a lot of money if you sell it. Maybe you don't care about that, in which case good luck.
Old 08-16-2015, 05:16 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pominoz View Post
You say you sold your last project? I'm not sure what you're planning to do with this one when finished, but bare in mind that the market for heavily modded Porsches is basically nil. In my experience most Porsche fans like their cars to be close to original in general, so don't be surprised if you end up losing a lot of money if you sell it. Maybe you don't care about that, in which case good luck.
I don't plan on selling it for a long time. I'll probably keep all the stock parts and put it back to stock if I do sell. But I actually parted out my last project for that reason. No one wants the worlds lowest mustang. Every mustang guy wants the typical big tire, no power car 😂 I'm sure just like the Porsche guys wants an original car. Completely understandable. But I like to do crazy things.