Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussions

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2020, 08:57 AM   #21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Delaware
Posts: 60
My biggest complaint and why I hate Trump the most is how he divides us.
I was not a fan of Bush, but I didn't hate him (okay, I did hate Cheney).
I felt Bush wasn't bright, but was well-intentioned (wrong, but well-intentioned) I think he actually believed the 'trickle down' malarky. I think he MEANT well for America.
He, like every other president until now, tried to unite us, and right after 9/11 and before we went astray into the Iraq fiasco, he DID unite us. He told us not to hate all Muslims for the act of a fringe. When he stood on the rubble with the bullhorn. I was behind him, as was most of America.
The cowardly liar in the WH now is not 'our' president - he is the president of a minority that he constantly 'plays' to - he regularly bad-mouths NY and Ca because they didn't vote for him. He didn't even let the 'gang of 8' know about this hit - just a few GOP cultists.
Anybody else remember the period right after 9/11??? People thanked police and firemen and as horrible as 9/11 was, we were all united. I miss that, and I don't think a tragedy is needed to bring it back, just a decent leader - one that doesn't fan hate and isn't a TWIT on Twitter. Someone who cares about America, not just HIMSELF and money.

DoninDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:11 AM   #22
1202021
 
piper6909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: PA
Posts: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoninDel View Post
My biggest complaint and why I hate Trump the most is how he divides us.
I was not a fan of Bush, but I didn't hate him (okay, I did hate Cheney).
I felt Bush wasn't bright, but was well-intentioned (wrong, but well-intentioned) I think he actually believed the 'trickle down' malarky. I think he MEANT well for America.
He, like every other president until now, tried to unite us, and right after 9/11 and before we went astray into the Iraq fiasco, he DID unite us. He told us not to hate all Muslims for the act of a fringe. When he stood on the rubble with the bullhorn. I was behind him, as was most of America.
The cowardly liar in the WH now is not 'our' president - he is the president of a minority that he constantly 'plays' to - he regularly bad-mouths NY and Ca because they didn't vote for him. He didn't even let the 'gang of 8' know about this hit - just a few GOP cultists.
Anybody else remember the period right after 9/11??? People thanked police and firemen and as horrible as 9/11 was, we were all united. I miss that, and I don't think a tragedy is needed to bring it back, just a decent leader - one that doesn't fan hate and isn't a TWIT on Twitter. Someone who cares about America, not just HIMSELF and money.
+1 Well-done, Don!
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:18 AM   #23
1202021
 
piper6909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: PA
Posts: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
It is about the current president starting what could easily become a world war. He is putting 1000's of Soldiers and Marines in harms way to show he is some "tough guy" as well as potentially millions of civilians. You don't see his pussy kids putting their lives on the line. Instead, they complain of their BS sacrifices.

And yes, it is filth and hate being spewed the way you are talking about a former president with your BS GOP talking points

and Iran is a nuclear force, even if they don't have a fully operational warhead, they have plenty of enriched uranium to make large areas uninhabitable for 100's of years with dirty bombs. Don t think that they wont attack Israel and if that happens, Israel will not hesitate to apply the rathe of G_D down on them.

There is good reason no former president killed the ****************head, they had the intelligence to understand the consequences
+1 Jay.

But for clarification, I think Starter is actually a good dude, as most everyone here is. He's writing this stuff just to get under my skin. It's a game we've been playing, we send each other jabs back and forth mostly in jest, but a dash of seriousness. So take it with grain of salt.
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:26 AM   #24
On the slippery slope
 
JayG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,392
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoninDel View Post
My biggest complaint and why I hate Trump the most is how he divides us.
I was not a fan of Bush, but I didn't hate him (okay, I did hate Cheney).
I felt Bush wasn't bright, but was well-intentioned (wrong, but well-intentioned) I think he actually believed the 'trickle down' malarky. I think he MEANT well for America.
He, like every other president until now, tried to unite us, and right after 9/11 and before we went astray into the Iraq fiasco, he DID unite us. He told us not to hate all Muslims for the act of a fringe. When he stood on the rubble with the bullhorn. I was behind him, as was most of America.
The cowardly liar in the WH now is not 'our' president - he is the president of a minority that he constantly 'plays' to - he regularly bad-mouths NY and Ca because they didn't vote for him. He didn't even let the 'gang of 8' know about this hit - just a few GOP cultists.
Anybody else remember the period right after 9/11??? People thanked police and firemen and as horrible as 9/11 was, we were all united. I miss that, and I don't think a tragedy is needed to bring it back, just a decent leader - one that doesn't fan hate and isn't a TWIT on Twitter. Someone who cares about America, not just HIMSELF and money.

Well said.

As bad or unintelligent as anyone may have thought Bush was, compared to the one in the WH now, he was a saint and genius. You may not have agreed with his politics, but he did put country first before personal and politics. Bush at his core is an honest, honorable and compassionate man. Words that cannot even in a stretch describe Trump.

History will show that both Bush's, Clinton, and Obama were good presidents that always worked for the benefit of the American people and the world in general. None of that will be how Trump will be remembered.
__________________
2004 Boxster S 6 speed - DRL relay hack, Polaris AutoTop DIY
2004 996 Targa Tip
Instructor - San Diego region, 2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2013 C300, 2010 Jetta 2011 Mazda 3, 1998 Windstar - Dog van , 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:29 AM   #25
Custom User Title Here
 
particlewave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 6,057
Garage
Listen up, fu cktards!
Quit mucking up our forums with your political bulls hit.
Every time I come here, I have to see these stupid goddamn titles on the front page. You queers are ruining our forum. Take your crap somewhere else or I’ll kick your fu cking @sses.

How’s that?

Last edited by particlewave; 01-04-2020 at 10:37 AM.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:30 AM   #26
1202021
 
piper6909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: PA
Posts: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
I donít usually participate, but I will say this:
It is not the President that divides us. It is the liberal media and every last one of their loyal subjects that divides us.

Trump 2020, b itches.
Suck a tumbleweed, PW!
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:38 AM   #27
1202021
 
piper6909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: PA
Posts: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
I don’t usually participate, but I will say this:
It is not the President that divides us. It is the liberal media and every last one of their loyal subjects that divides us.

I, and those like me, will remember him as the first (and probably only) politician/president that actually tried to fulfill his campaign promises, only to be fought at every turn by libbie cucks.
That’s how I’ll remember him. Jay.

Trump 2020, b itches.
Yeah, I'm watching Mexico write checks for the wall.

And I'm loving the Rumpcare he said was so easy.

And what an amazing job he's done of erasing the deficit!

Oh, and thank G_D he never leaves the white house to play golf, like Obama always did!


Keeps his promises my A S S!

You can blame the liberals all you want, but the reality is that for 2 full years Refuglicans controlled the WH, Sentate and House. All he's done is whine like a little B itch!

Rump for PRISON 2020, b itch!

Last edited by piper6909; 01-04-2020 at 11:08 AM.
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:39 AM   #28
1202021
 
piper6909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: PA
Posts: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
Listen up, fu cktards!
Quit mucking up our forums with your political bulls hit.
Every time I come here, I have to see these stupid goddamn titles on the front page. You queers are ruining our forum. Take your crap somewhere else or Iíll kick your fu cking @sses.

Howís that?
This is the "Off Topic Discussions" forum. We can discuss whatever we like.

How's that!?
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:39 AM   #29
On the slippery slope
 
JayG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,392
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by piper6909 View Post
+1 Jay.

But for clarification, I think Starter is actually a good dude, as most everyone here is. He's writing this stuff just to get under my skin. It's a game we've been playing, we send each other jabs back and forth mostly in jest, but a dash of seriousness. So take it with grain of salt.
no argument from me on that.

I usually try to stay out of these types of discussion (like the gun one)

This latest action by POTUS just has a VERY personal impact on my family and their safety. My son joined the Army with open eyes and knew what he signed up for and his plan is to put in 20+ and then stay in service in one of the 3/4 letter agencies. There are not words to describe how proud I am of him.
None of children should have their lives put on the line unnecessarily.
__________________
2004 Boxster S 6 speed - DRL relay hack, Polaris AutoTop DIY
2004 996 Targa Tip
Instructor - San Diego region, 2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2013 C300, 2010 Jetta 2011 Mazda 3, 1998 Windstar - Dog van , 2004 F-150 "Big Red"

Last edited by JayG; 01-04-2020 at 10:44 AM.
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:41 AM   #30
1998 Boxster Silver/Red
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: 92262
Posts: 1,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by piper6909 View Post
+1 Jay.

But for clarification, I think Starter is actually a good dude, as most everyone here is. He's writing this stuff just to get under my skin. It's a game we've been playing, we send each other jabs back and forth mostly in jest, but a dash of seriousness. So take it with grain of salt.
Thanks, Pipe! And, cheers! Yes... ~70% to get under your skin... however... I do believe that America for too long has been taking it in the rear upon the foundation of trying to achieve world peace. It. Isn't Going. To. Happen. While I believe Trump can be a dunce... I also believe he believes that someone (He) has to stand up to the terrorists and ****************-alls of the world who for decades have been ****************ting on America. Again, while I'm not a huge fan of Trump... he's taking the lumps that his predecessors were to weak to receive. People can call those fellas smart, and keeping peace in mind... but look where that has gotten us: A shadow of what once was America. We're a nation of pussies (soy boys... man buns... pansexual... whatthe****************ever else).

One poster likes the kumbaya unity that we enjoyed after 9/11. Me? I was pissed that the hand-holding kumbaya position came at a cost of 3K+ lives. What did we get out of it? A shrine that shines a beacon of "hope" into the sky. Big deal. And... all while the terrorists were snickering at us behind our backs and, frankly, right in front of our face.

Maybe the kumbaya types can ask what was that terrorist doing at the airport. However, that would require wearing a thinking cap and, I''m afraid, they left those hats in the coat check.

The hard-left liberal approach? Yeah. Not working for me.

Pipe... yup, that's my position. However, when you're in my neck of the woods.. or any of you fellas... the hot chocolate is on me. I'll be drinking coffee. Black.

Who's going to NAMM this month?
__________________
1998 Porsche Boxster
1986 BMW 325es
2012 Ford Edge Sport

"Ignore the guilt, and take your turn"
Starter986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:45 AM   #31
Custom User Title Here
 
particlewave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 6,057
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by piper6909 View Post
This is the "Off Topic Discussions" forum. We can discuss whatever we like.

How's that!?
We all still have to see the front page.
This is a car forum.
Use common sense.
Go find a political forum.
Iím not kidding.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:47 AM   #32
1202021
 
piper6909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: PA
Posts: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
no argument from me on that.

I usually try to stay out of these types of discussion (like the gun one)

This latest action by POTUS just has a VERY personal impact on my family and their safety. My son joined the Army with open eyes and knew what he signed up for and his plan is to put in 20+ and then stay in service in one of the 3/4 letter agencies. There are not words to describe how proud I am of him.
None of children should have their lives put on the line unnecessarily.
I hear you. My prayers go out to your son, his friends, and all who are serving during this precarious time.
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 11:02 AM   #33
1202021
 
piper6909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: PA
Posts: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
Thanks, Pipe! And, cheers! Yes... ~70% to get under your skin... however... I do believe that America for too long has been taking it in the rear upon the foundation of trying to achieve world peace. It. Isn't Going. To. Happen. While I believe Trump can be a dunce... I also believe he believes that someone (He) has to stand up to the terrorists and ****************-alls of the world who for decades have been ****************ting on America. Again, while I'm not a huge fan of Trump... he's taking the lumps that his predecessors were to weak to receive. People can call those fellas smart, and keeping peace in mind... but look where that has gotten us: A shadow of what once was America. We're a nation of pussies (soy boys... man buns... pansexual... whatthe****************ever else).

One poster likes the kumbaya unity that we enjoyed after 9/11. Me? I was pissed that the hand-holding kumbaya position came at a cost of 3K+ lives. What did we get out of it? A shrine that shines a beacon of "hope" into the sky. Big deal. And... all while the terrorists were snickering at us behind our backs and, frankly, right in front of our face.

Maybe the kumbaya types can ask what was that terrorist doing at the airport. However, that would require wearing a thinking cap and, I''m afraid, they left those hats in the coat check.

The hard-left liberal approach? Yeah. Not working for me.

Pipe... yup, that's my position. However, when you're in my neck of the woods.. or any of you fellas... the hot chocolate is on me. I'll be drinking coffee. Black.

Who's going to NAMM this month?
Like I've said before, we can disagree without being disagreeable.

Here's the reality: Iran hadn't done anything since we had the nuclear agreement. Until Rump was so hell-bent to undo everything Obama did and walked away and imposed hard sanctions. Then Iran started to retaliate.

If Rump was such a bada ss, why is he always kneeling down before Putin, Kim, and Erdogan?

If someone wants to wear a manbun, what's it to you? I bet you wore tie-dies and bell bottoms! LOL I'm sure they'll look a pics of themsevles years from now and laugh at themselves.

So you like divisiveness over unity, or as you call it, kumbaya?

Last edited by piper6909; 01-04-2020 at 11:09 AM.
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 11:17 AM   #34
1202021
 
piper6909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: PA
Posts: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
We all still have to see the front page.
This is a car forum.
Use common sense.
Go find a political forum.
Iím not kidding.
From the front page right under "Off Topic Discussions":

This is an off topic forum. Jokes, current events, sports etc... Post it here!

If this subject doesn't qualify as current events, I don't know what does.

Just because you can't handle opinions and facts that don't fall in line with your beliefs doesn't mean you can go around telling people to go elsewhere. If you don't like it, you can read other threads.
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 12:10 PM   #35
Who's askin'?
 
maytag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
We all still have to see the front page.
This is a car forum.
Use common sense.
Go find a political forum.
Iím not kidding.
Many forums I've participated in over the years has a function where you can click "don't show posts from [username]". Why doesn't this forum have that function?

I get sucked-in because I'm passionate about stuff.... but the truth is, a political discussion (I use that term loosely), while "allowed" isn't at all why I come to this forum.

Having said that, I don't want to "unfriend" (block) someone just 'cuz I disagree with them (though I would prefer a civil dialogue, instead of the jack-assery we've seen rcently).

I dunno PW....

wait.... I've got an idea.....

Standby........ I'ma try something......

maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page