View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 09:26 AM   #24
JayG
On the slippery slope

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoninDel View Post
My biggest complaint and why I hate Trump the most is how he divides us.
I was not a fan of Bush, but I didn't hate him (okay, I did hate Cheney).
I felt Bush wasn't bright, but was well-intentioned (wrong, but well-intentioned) I think he actually believed the 'trickle down' malarky. I think he MEANT well for America.
He, like every other president until now, tried to unite us, and right after 9/11 and before we went astray into the Iraq fiasco, he DID unite us. He told us not to hate all Muslims for the act of a fringe. When he stood on the rubble with the bullhorn. I was behind him, as was most of America.
The cowardly liar in the WH now is not 'our' president - he is the president of a minority that he constantly 'plays' to - he regularly bad-mouths NY and Ca because they didn't vote for him. He didn't even let the 'gang of 8' know about this hit - just a few GOP cultists.
Anybody else remember the period right after 9/11??? People thanked police and firemen and as horrible as 9/11 was, we were all united. I miss that, and I don't think a tragedy is needed to bring it back, just a decent leader - one that doesn't fan hate and isn't a TWIT on Twitter. Someone who cares about America, not just HIMSELF and money.

Well said.

As bad or unintelligent as anyone may have thought Bush was, compared to the one in the WH now, he was a saint and genius. You may not have agreed with his politics, but he did put country first before personal and politics. Bush at his core is an honest, honorable and compassionate man. Words that cannot even in a stretch describe Trump.

History will show that both Bush's, Clinton, and Obama were good presidents that always worked for the benefit of the American people and the world in general. None of that will be how Trump will be remembered.
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote