View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 09:11 AM   #22
piper6909

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoninDel View Post
My biggest complaint and why I hate Trump the most is how he divides us.
I was not a fan of Bush, but I didn't hate him (okay, I did hate Cheney).
I felt Bush wasn't bright, but was well-intentioned (wrong, but well-intentioned) I think he actually believed the 'trickle down' malarky. I think he MEANT well for America.
He, like every other president until now, tried to unite us, and right after 9/11 and before we went astray into the Iraq fiasco, he DID unite us. He told us not to hate all Muslims for the act of a fringe. When he stood on the rubble with the bullhorn. I was behind him, as was most of America.
The cowardly liar in the WH now is not 'our' president - he is the president of a minority that he constantly 'plays' to - he regularly bad-mouths NY and Ca because they didn't vote for him. He didn't even let the 'gang of 8' know about this hit - just a few GOP cultists.
Anybody else remember the period right after 9/11??? People thanked police and firemen and as horrible as 9/11 was, we were all united. I miss that, and I don't think a tragedy is needed to bring it back, just a decent leader - one that doesn't fan hate and isn't a TWIT on Twitter. Someone who cares about America, not just HIMSELF and money.
+1 Well-done, Don!
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote