Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2019, 06:39 AM   #1

New Addition to the Stable

Recently reduced the available space in the garage with a new vehicle. One of the entries in my bucket list. I've always wanted a motorcycle but growing up my dad wouldn't let any of us have one as it was too dangerous on the roads. When I was younger, my parents didn't have a car but my dad had a motorcycle to travel back and forth to work. It was equipped with a sidecar and I remember riding in the sidecar sitting on my mom's lap. It was an old BSA Golden Flash so naturally I had to find an old BSA.

I just completed the Motorcycle Safety Foundation Basic Rider Course (mandatory in Florida for a motorcycle endorsement on your license). It was a lot more difficult than I had expected but as well as being able to legally ride a motorcycle it has also taught me better driving habits overall. But wow! Riding 20mph on a motorcycle feels like 80mph on the Boxster with the top down. But then again the permanent grin accelerating out of corner is just as good!

Last edited by alynch; 12-10-2019 at 03:26 PM.
alynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:45 AM   #2
Racer Boy

Very cool!

Racer Boy is offline   Reply With Quote