Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2015, 04:34 PM   #1
Beginner

Garage
What the heck happened to Kram???!??!?!?

I read on another forum that the 986 could do zero to sixty in 2 seconds flat with a custom MAF so I say that is true, and if anyone disagrees, I challenge that other forum (whoever they may be) to step up and defend that outrageous claim, oh yeah, I'm retired early (you losers!) and my hair is all my own. So what the heck ever became of Kram? Just askin...

Old 09-02-2015, 04:47 PM   #2
98 Arctic silver 986

Garage
I was just thinking the same thing the other day. I hope he didn't get arrested for speeding down the hi-way or something.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:27 PM   #3
Custom User Title Here

Garage
As someone that knows him in the real world, I can promise you all that he is a good guy with good intentions.
My guess is that he felt a bit bullied and just got fed up. I haven't heard from him in a while, either. You gotta have tough skin on here, sometimes.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:09 PM   #4

yeah, this place is going downhill. lots of bullying recently, and informed discussion on the decline. i rarely ever post anymore for this reason. only posting now as this thread so perfectly illustrates the point.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:20 PM   #5

Garage
That's pity because there are plenty of forum members sharing their huge knowledge of the 986 and thus helping new owners through the Porsche world
Old 09-02-2015, 07:05 PM   #6
I am my own mechanic....

I got really pissed when coreseller punked him with constant IMs then IM'd me to talk smack about him and saying he was cancer and had to go. That's when I came unglued on coreseller. Not very PC, but that idiot had it coming. Nothing like being lied to in IM or in posts. I'd like to see KRAM back.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:58 PM   #7
On the slippery slope

Garage
You guys have no idea how nice everyone here is
Take a ride on the Rennlist 996 forum and you will grow about 1/4" more skin
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
Old 09-02-2015, 08:10 PM   #8
I am my own mechanic....

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
I'm a long time member of a firearms forum that would make them look like Sunday School students. It's a rough forum. Talk about thicker skin....

This place is a relief. I see people helping every day, and if the issue is something I have some experience with I'm always glad to offer my help. It's paying it back.

Good members here. That's why bro dude rocked the boat so bad. Clearly not the mentality that this site caters to. Some of us work hard for a living and do our own wrenching not just to save a few $$, but for pleasure and satisfaction.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:33 PM   #9
98 Arctic silver 986

Garage
I bought some tail lights from Kram. They were exactly as he said they were. I have no problem with him at all. He did have a few heated discussions on here, but I'd like to see him back.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:58 AM   #10

Every forum gets their fair share of jerks and bullies, this place is no different. It's not really about having thick skin, it's about choosing to ignore the riffraff. It's the Internet....why would you really care what some stranger thinks of you....
As they say, don't feed the trolls, you are only setting yourself up to be frustrated.
Kram brought it all on himself by engaging with Corseller. Just let it go dude.
Maybe if you weren't all so poor you would understand.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:20 AM   #11

It has changed on here the last few years, but some other forums like RL or the gear page will eat you up. I always hate when we lose a member, but then we have members like the recent one or TC (anyone remember him/her?) that have to go, and would have been banned or had points or sanctions applied on other forums.

Kram was very enthusiastic and I think that is good for the forum.

Come back Kram! Maybe he was injured by an excessively sharp rotor lip? (j/k Kram come back ) but know that checking the rotor lip is going to be step 1 for every procedure from now on
Old 09-03-2015, 08:38 AM   #12
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
Truer words were never spoken. Those guys are murder.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:24 AM   #13
Beginner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
yeah, this place is going downhill. lots of bullying recently, and informed discussion on the decline. i rarely ever post anymore for this reason. only posting now as this thread so perfectly illustrates the point.
To characterize this post as bullying is outrageous. Poking fun at someone by paraphrasing their earlier posts in asking about them not bullying. If I were asking about Timco there would would have been cat references. I'm not going to pussyfoot around (my apologies to Timco) in my posts hoping that I'm not offending anyone. If you boast that you've got the best hair or the most money, or you make claims clearly outside your experience the expectation should be you'll be called on it. Just like I'm calling you out right now for sitting as judge and jury in characterizing this post as "bullying".
Old 09-04-2015, 05:37 AM   #14

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giller View Post
Maybe if you weren't all so poor you would understand.
Is that you Johnathan
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust

Last edited by jsceash; 09-04-2015 at 05:39 AM.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:48 AM   #15

my understanding of bullying is this:

- having an opinion is not bullying (however right or wrong or foolish it may be)
- defending that opinion is not bullying
- defending yourself when personally attacked is not bullying.

however,

- ridiculing someone is bullying
- personally attacking someone is bullying
- ganging up on someone is bullying
- using your perceived strength or authority to intimidate is bullying (in this case the perception that a higher post count somehow makes a person's opinion be more valid).

having watched many of the threads in question, i'd say kram or johnathan are not the bullies, but bullying has certainly occured.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:36 AM   #16
Beginner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
my understanding of bullying is this:

- having an opinion is not bullying (however right or wrong or foolish it may be)
- defending that opinion is not bullying
- defending yourself when personally attacked is not bullying.

however,

- ridiculing someone is bullying
- personally attacking someone is bullying
- ganging up on someone is bullying
- using your perceived strength or authority to intimidate is bullying (in this case the perception that a higher post count somehow makes a person's opinion be more valid).

having watched many of the threads in question, i'd say kram or johnathan are not the bullies, but bullying has certainly occured.
With your definition I can certainly see why you'd interpret what you read as bullying. I have a much different definition of bullying, and I'm off to the Z-lounge to start a thread on it to see what others think as it certainly doesn't belong here.

BTW - I liked KRAM from a personal perspective, but he did tend to post authoritative statements that had questionable technical validity.

One more note, I would agree that there has been some bullying on the forum as already noted by Timco in this thread
Old 09-04-2015, 10:22 AM   #17
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesp View Post
With your definition I can certainly see why you'd interpret what you read as bullying. I have a much different definition of bullying, and I'm off to the Z-lounge to start a thread on it to see what others think as it certainly doesn't belong here.

BTW - I liked KRAM from a personal perspective, but he did tend to post authoritative statements that had questionable technical validity.

One more note, I would agree that there has been some bullying on the forum as already noted by Timco in this thread
If you want some respect and desire to belong to an existing community, don't be a jerk. Don't lie to the forum and tell others different things in IM. Don't purposely troll members to get a negative reply. Don't be as crude as you can be.

Put a cap on it and maybe just try to fit in just a little?

If you want to lie and antagonize and brag and annoy, be prepared to take some heat from those who don't think they should have to put up with it.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:27 AM   #18
Beginner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post
If you want some respect and desire to belong to an existing community, don't be a jerk. Don't lie to the forum and tell others different things in IM. Don't purposely troll members to get a negative reply. Don't be as crude as you can be.

If you want to lie and antagonize and brag and annoy, be prepared to take some heat from those who don't think they should have to put up with it.
The Z-lounge Timco, the Z-lounge.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:22 PM   #19
God, Guns and Country!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post

Really?

http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/52584-porsche-dealership-service-definitely-has-two-levels.html
Old 09-04-2015, 02:04 PM   #20
I am my own mechanic....

I just had my freshly refinished rims marred. Posted about it. Was really pissed and never expected that from a dealer.

That was totally inexcusable, and I was totally out of line, and reacted to the 'karma' post. He and I have since IM'd and are on great terms. I'm ashamed of my replies there. He is a good guy and didn't deserve that. I regret those posts. Man, was I pissed.

I'm not too proud to apologize for my replies. I was really upset my car was treated that way and work is really stressful at times being self employed.

Please accept my apology for that. The comment to Woodsman was actually just kidding him over being Canadian, in all honesty. Given that was right after the cat thread, I had that coming and others treated me accordingly based on that.

We can move on, or you can carry animosity towards me. Hope to move past that. I've enjoyed this community.

Closed Thread