Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 03:42 PM   #21

My current daily driver is the black 99 Jeep Wrangler with a cracked exhaust header.

I stand my ground with dopey drivers hoping to see my tires rub their mirrors off.

If they are really annoying I get beside them hit the gas and then gear down and coast so a nice throaty rumble and backfire are emitted.

They respond as if someone was shooting at them with a shot gun and their attitude changes to much more conservative in a heart beat. Scares the crap out of them I think.

I have observed that most of these dummies are cell phoning, arguing with a passenger or trying to beat the kids in the back seat into submission.

You have feel a little sorry for them as you know that Darwin will pick them off before they ever get old enough to enjoy a Porsche of their own.

I usually laugh instead of curse, but it sure is fun to string together some curses and try to be original each time. I try adding a southern drawl if I cant be original with the words.

One time (parked) I released some tension by doing the curse thing and using the free Songify App on my iPhone to turn it in to a song. I was laughing so hard at the resulting song I could not drive for a few minutes more.

I highly recommend it, hilarious to the nth degree and gets the good endorphins really flowing.

Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 05-14-2012 at 03:45 PM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:06 PM   #22

Garage
Hmm... Swearing with the Stars . It could work !
Old 05-14-2012, 04:13 PM   #23
recycledsixtie

Garage
I don't like to swear at all.If I do it is in my car and nobody hears it but could read my lips. If I hear somebody swearing, I consider them subhuman and ignore them. Not worth talking to.
recycledsixtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:26 PM   #24

For some reason poor, discourteous drivers around me doesn't make me swear. I expect nothing more from them than overt stupidity and they consistently deliver.

I do swear when I stop thinking about what I'm saying and I'm excited, but I do wish I could better control my tongue.

But I totally understand the feeling of cutting loose with a string of four letter words now and again to blow off steam. Alone in a car is probably the best place to do it, but only if you leave your handgun at home
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:55 PM   #25

I enjoying f****** more than swearing.
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #26
kls

"Do you enjoy swearing" has generated 2 pages? I'd rather read another another oil thread than see this kind of s#*t.
kls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:00 PM   #27

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kls View Post
"Do you enjoy swearing" has generated 2 pages? I'd rather read another another oil thread than see this kind of s#*t.
This is what happens when you run out of oil .
Old 05-15-2012, 02:44 AM   #28
Ex Esso kid

Hey Ho Buffalo! From CNY to your blog, you need new ideas on how to cuss? Go to the source, oh and it's "Valby" or Dr. Dirty in case you want to hear more of his gems.

John Vaby - Free Credit Report - YouTube

Last edited by Ghostrider 310; 05-15-2012 at 02:52 AM.
Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:35 AM   #29

F#*&^!#*+&*^ only when I drive around idiots who are being entertained by other things going on in their car. Phone and texting is my biggest gripe.:troll:

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:31 AM   #30

Send a message via Yahoo to pesticidal
I seldom curse at strangers, but I was giving a ride to a friend of mine, touring her snooty golf course neighborhood. I was in 2nd gear, idling at about 18 in a 20 mph zone. A kid on a bike was in the other lane, and I was well aware of him, and then saw a lady in her yard giving me the slow-down sign. I indicated to her my speedometer, and then she gave me a dirty look and waved her hands in the air.

That did it for me somehow. The top was down and I yelled; "I'm doing 20, B****!" She dropped the hose she had in her hand, and stood there open-mouthed. My passenger was laughing hysterically. I dropped her off and went out of the neighborhood to drive home. I had to go by the same house, and the lady was talking to her husband out in the yard. She saw me and started pointing at me.

There's a highway leading out of the area, and it was all I could do to refrain from flooring it and letting them know what speeding was.
pesticidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:52 AM   #31

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesticidal View Post
I seldom curse at strangers, but I was giving a ride to a friend of mine, touring her snooty golf course neighborhood. I was in 2nd gear, idling at about 18 in a 20 mph zone. A kid on a bike was in the other lane, and I was well aware of him, and then saw a lady in her yard giving me the slow-down sign. I indicated to her my speedometer, and then she gave me a dirty look and waved her hands in the air.

That did it for me somehow. The top was down and I yelled; "I'm doing 20, B****!" She dropped the hose she had in her hand, and stood there open-mouthed. My passenger was laughing hysterically. I dropped her off and went out of the neighborhood to drive home. I had to go by the same house, and the lady was talking to her husband out in the yard. She saw me and started pointing at me.

There's a highway leading out of the area, and it was all I could do to refrain from flooring it and letting them know what speeding was.

Awesome! 30 years ago I had a friend that lived with her parents in a "golf-course" neighborhood. she had an old '60s truck that sat out in front of their house. Several members of the community complained about it. She got rid of the old truck. She bought a really cool old hearse to replace it instead. Funny. Every time I see one of those neighborhoods I have this urge to ride a dirt bike through it.

SeanZ4 is offline   Reply With Quote