Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2017, 08:49 AM   #121

Garage
Fred, you've made a work of art there. That center cap looks incredible, I can't wait to get a set in red :dance:

I was wondering, instead of the silver center where the porsche crest is, could you possibly make it all red?

Randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
Pffff... mine are sooooooo much better (so so much better LOL).

2000 Boxster S, SPEC stage 1 clutch, Fabspeed sport headers, Fabspeed secondary cat deletes, Billy&Boat muffler, EVOM air intake, Ben006's Custom Short Shifter, Pedro's TechnoBrace, Eibach rear sway bar, De-snorkeled, Fred's custom projector HL
Dubaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 09:11 AM   #122

Randy, the AL for the center cap (6061) and the AL for center/center (6063) is not the same grade. They just won't anodize the same red/tone. I haven't tried on those particularly mind you but pretty sure it wont. Perfectly fine for neutral gray & black but not for red & blue.

Why diff materials you may asked; we need that 6063/'gummy' aluminum so when faced the surface finish becomes mirror like. Hard to get with the 6061, especially for a flat surface. The 6061 is for the cap... you don't want that part 'mirror' looking or it'll look silly lollll

Therefore, the center/center's options are black or natural aluminum color only (i.e clear anodized).

ps: if really (really really) you need this in red I can see if I can find some extra 6061 for you man. Just let me know how bad you need this red lolll
Old 02-24-2017, 09:21 AM   #123

Garage
I really really definitely, really really want this in red lolol... ONLY if its not too much to ask for of course.

ALSO, I'd like another set of these caps in black/black with gold crest. Father's Bday is coming up, seems like a great idea.

(crosses fingers Fred finds more 6061.... )
Quote:
ps: if really (really really) you need this in red I can see if I can find some extra 6061 for you man. Just let me know how bad you need this red lolll
2000 Boxster S, SPEC stage 1 clutch, Fabspeed sport headers, Fabspeed secondary cat deletes, Billy&Boat muffler, EVOM air intake, Ben006's Custom Short Shifter, Pedro's TechnoBrace, Eibach rear sway bar, De-snorkeled, Fred's custom projector HL
Dubaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 09:34 PM   #124

So, is there an official way of placing an order? If not, what I want is a set of black ones with aluminum center, a regular crest and no laser engraving.

There are no words to describe how awesome this is!

Skickat från min Nexus 7 via Tapatalk
fridsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:59 PM   #125

Send a message via Skype™ to Terryg
Hi Fred,

Can you let me know if its possible to have the centre/centre in black with colour logo (I think you said it is) and how much to ship to the UK. I am definitely interested.

I applaud not only your engineering skills but your patience in producing the videos and replying to the techy stuff.

Terry
Terryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 11:38 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryg View Post
Hi Fred,

Can you let me know if its possible to have the centre/centre in black with colour logo (I think you said it is) and how much to ship to the UK. I am definitely interested.

I applaud not only your engineering skills but your patience in producing the videos and replying to the techy stuff.

Terry
Hi Terry, yes absolutely feasible. Good taste if I may add I'll keep a kit for you mate. Actually planned on getting a few more done but somehow this overstock is getting lower by the day. Thanks for letting me know in advance. ps: you haven't seen the techy stuff yet, wait until I post vids of the machine cutting this thing high speed. Automation stuff.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridsten View Post
So, is there an official way of placing an order?

There are no words to describe how awesome this is!
Haha thanks for the kind words! Painting the good side of things... not always fun aka-easy little porsche caps. Not only doing my own parts but also manufacture very complex parts (bike/motorsports + medical) to pay for that shop and software. Those parts that nobody wants to mfg here, or incapable of doing so possibly loll Hard work man...

No official way atm but Coming Soon! I had the eCommerce security & back-end done a few months ago but never really managed to finish a skin for that little tool. Here goes a quick preview of what it may look like (grid system, mobile compatible). This site is for the Projector kits really so don't expect to have those caps on there for more than two week! or less... I wouldn't be surprised

... pls don't mind the dummy text lolll That'll change, with the exception of the free shipping part

EDIT: wooof did I uploaded a pic of a non-released website?! What was in my morning coffee. Pic removed, for now.
EDIT: I'll pass on Paypal instruction once I got your color & made-to-order preferences (I'll PM, and post here)

Last edited by Nine8Six; 02-25-2017 at 11:02 AM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 11:46 PM   #127

I have a Guards Red with black wheels, should look good!
Old 02-25-2017, 11:00 AM   #128

Quote:
I have a Guards Red with black wheels, should look good!
Black for Bad... two bad options for us also! Personally prefer the B-on-B but saying this... I've never seen one with a silver center in person, yet anyway. Both look amazing, it is just making it harder for you to chose... is the only difference

Old 02-25-2017, 11:36 AM   #129

Quote:
This is exactly what I want, except for the text. Thanks for showing me!

(Although they will be mounted on silver Boxster S wheels.)
Old 02-25-2017, 12:00 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridsten View Post
This is exactly what I want, except for the text. Thanks for showing me!

(Although they will be mounted on silver Boxster S wheels.)
Admit this is a brilliant idea!!!

Script can be made-to-order. However, "do your own" hehe. Here goes the sizing for the template you'd need to use for that to happen. Won;t accept JPG or anything pixelated. Has to be vector based and font included (or outlined at least). I have Illustrator and Corel here installed on the laser workstaion (*.ai, eps, pdf, cdr, etc)

Last edited by Nine8Six; 02-25-2017 at 12:17 PM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 01:33 PM   #131

Black on black please let me know how much and how to pay

Terry
Old 02-25-2017, 04:07 PM   #132

I remain at the ready to place my order!
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 06:16 PM   #133

Put me in for gun metal gray and silver Fred. Thanks for all your work.
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 11:57 PM   #134

Quote:
Black on black please let me know how much and how to pay
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
I remain at the ready to place my order!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
Put me in for gun metal gray and silver Fred. Thanks for all your work.
Well received, gentlemen! Keeping a kit for you guys
Old 02-26-2017, 08:00 AM   #135

Quote:

Script can be made-to-order. However, "do your own" hehe. Here goes the sizing for the template you'd need to use for that to happen. Won;t accept JPG or anything pixelated. Has to be vector based and font included (or outlined at least). I have Illustrator and Corel here installed on the laser workstaion (*.ai, eps, pdf, cdr, etc)

That is seriously awesome! Unfortunately I'm in the Italian Alps skiing at the moment. I'm also quite lazy, so just black will be fine.

Feel free to sign me up for a set.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:07 PM   #136

Great, thanks, look forward to hearing from you.
Old 02-27-2017, 07:49 PM   #137

Garage
I'm in for a set of gun metal grey.
2003 S, 6 Speed, PCM, PSM, Bose, Litronics with washers, on its' second LN IMSB, comfort top, UDP, 987 engine mount, 997 RMS, Koni Sport Shocks, H&R springs, Techno brace, comfort blinkers, nin8six windscreen, particlewave light up cubby
Coaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:01 AM   #138

I *need* a set of these in red/silver.
thatguychad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:51 PM   #139

Quote:

Any chance you still have the Red Sox graphic from my winshield? I do not have the talent myself to try and get that together in the template here - thinking that may look cool though on the red ones.

Would that be possible?
soxfan1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:34 PM   #140

@Coaster
@thatguychad
@soxfan1966
Seen your note a few days ago... you guys really got in just in time! I've planed a kit for you guys. Soxfan please clarify if you want the redsox logo to replace the P badge. If replacing the script then let me know what you'd need in place e.g. "Official Major League Baseball - Boston Redsox rocks" or something of the like? Just thinking out loud here

Running in the backorder already... and being harassed (literally) from an online shop owner here in SH who wants 50kits just for himself. Calling me twice per day, often he does :/ Looks like I'll have to do another run of those caps eventually (or possibly not, dunno yet). Pisses me off because they are not all that easy to do... lots of set-up and fixtures here & there. Not even yet anodized lollll