Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2015, 04:12 PM   #1101

Wheel caps

Hi Nine8Six, do you still sell those wheel caps? Please reply!! Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post

Below is the look that the customer is aiming for (w/ red calipers). We also got those GT Porsche Center Caps machined and packaged! Those caps are a direct replacement for the OEM Porsche center caps. Fits any/all Porsche wheels.

Champagne color bezels, for a champagne color 996. Those will look quite posh on Nick's 996 cab

johnlongsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 10:26 AM   #1102

Hi guys,
I have a set for sale, new in the original box and still wrapped. Sold my car before I had the chance to install these beauties..

Details:
TURISMO SERIES GT PROJECTOR HEADLIGHT RETROFIT KIT (GUNMETAL)
1. Select shroud color (see instructions below)
BLACK (anodized, default)
2. Select angel eye colour
WHITE (LED) (default)
4. Select cutoff asymmetrical beam distribution (RHT or LHT)
RHT (right-hand traffic)
HID Lighting System
HID Ballasts CANBUS with EMC (35watts) (pair)
Xenon bulb type & temperature
XENON BULB TYPE H1 (4,300K) (pair)

I'm based in the Netherlands but can ship throughout Europe.
Will do a good price.
vandera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 11:10 AM   #1103

Here is my before and after pics. I picked up a set of Gen 1 lights from another member and installed them in minutes! Gotta love plug and play!

Before
Name:  IMG_1770 (Medium).JPG
Views: 2024
Size:  248.8 KB

After
Name:  IMG_1781 (Medium).JPG
Views: 2841
Size:  245.5 KB
Old 10-12-2015, 06:14 PM   #1104

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpc763 View Post
Here is my before and after pics. I picked up a set of Gen 1 lights from another member and installed them in minutes! Gotta love plug and play!
Instant update! They look great and take years off of the look
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 03:37 AM   #1105

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandera View Post
Hi guys,
I have a set for sale, new in the original box and still wrapped. Sold my car before I had the chance to install these beauties..

I'm based in the Netherlands but can ship throughout Europe.
Will do a good price.
Hi! I'm based in Europe and am interested. Private message sent.
PaulDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 08:28 AM   #1106

Garage
I have a question regarding oven baking the headlights. Based on what I have read, I need to remove the lightbulbs, and rubber weather stripping from the housing. What about the wiring harness in the headlight housing? Any other pieces that need to be removed before baking in the oven?
Old 01-03-2016, 01:47 PM   #1107

fwiw...I personally would remove everything possible to limit my risk.

Word of caution...If you are unsure about the actual temp of your oven vs the setting...the heatgun/box method nine8six mentioned before is an alternative.

I am wanting to order a set of these...pelican is currently out of stock...what is the preferred method of ordering?

dw
tehward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 01:42 PM   #1108

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehward View Post

I am wanting to order a set of these...pelican is currently out of stock...what is the preferred method of ordering?

dw
Sincere apologies to all

Been on and off since last October and just about to get ahead of a 2 months long backlog at the office. What a mess :/ You guys had xmas holidays and all?!

Dw - Pelican is indeed out of stock. Good news is the (my) new shop is nearly 'operational' so I plan on running a mega batch in February first thing. Hopefully we'll have plenty before spring kicks in.

Others; many of you guys pm'ed or asked for those CGT style center caps so dbl-good news I'll get a batch of those toasted as well. I'll have the lathe warm-and-busy all of February so might as well do a few dozens of those cool lookin center caps as well.

No Skybreaker (some asked). Sorry guys this will have to wait... looking at late spring or early summer but not before for sure -unless of course one of you guys wants to come over Shanghai and help out They are really fun to make... I mean... who wouldn't like to be sniffing pmma/chemical vapor for a few days in a row lolll

I'll update. Be good fellas

Fred
Old 01-15-2016, 01:51 PM   #1109

Arts - some visuals to share in a meantime

GTCollection.com - Tokyo Boxster

Porsche Boxster 986 gtc.34

GTCollection.com - Luminoso Series

GTCollection.com - Luminoso comp
Old 01-15-2016, 01:58 PM   #1110

CGT Style center caps for porsche wheels - hot cakes around here :/

Those went pretty viral locally... last year anyway. I did something like 50 kits and they flew off my hands in an instant. Literally had about 20~25x requests on those just between last autumn and now so I'll get those CNC in Feb and ready in March.

GTCollection.com - CGT Style Center caps

GTCollection.com - CGT Style Center caps closeup
Old 01-15-2016, 02:14 PM   #1111

Garage
Great pictures Fred! Glad to hear from you again, I hope all is well!
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 05:20 PM   #1112

Quote:
Sincere apologies to all

Been on and off since last October and just about to get ahead of a 2 months long backlog at the office. What a mess :/ You guys had xmas holidays and all?!

Dw - Pelican is indeed out of stock. Good news is the (my) new shop is nearly 'operational' so I plan on running a mega batch in February first thing. Hopefully we'll have plenty before spring kicks in.

Others; many of you guys pm'ed or asked for those CGT style center caps so dbl-good news I'll get a batch of those toasted as well. I'll have the lathe warm-and-busy all of February so might as well do a few dozens of those cool lookin center caps as well.

No Skybreaker (some asked). Sorry guys this will have to wait... looking at late spring or early summer but not before for sure -unless of course one of you guys wants to come over Shanghai and help out They are really fun to make... I mean... who wouldn't like to be sniffing pmma/chemical vapor for a few days in a row lolll

Fred
Please put me down for a set of the center caps!
CHRISP357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 05:52 PM   #1113
On the slippery slope

Garage
WELCOME BACK FRED!!!!

I trust you have recovered from your ordeal in Thailand

I hope the new year brings you lots of good things

You have been missed

What colors will the center caps come in?
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 07:29 PM   #1114

Quote:
Sincere apologies to all

Fred
Fred,
Put me down for 4 center caps. Love em!!! Can't wait to see them on my P-car.
'04 Boxster S - Basalt Black, Fabspeed exhaust and sport headers, UD pulley, Pedro's Bluetooth, 18" Cayman S wheels, Evo cold air intake, IPD plenum, 74mm TB, Ben's SSK with ICT shifter boot, Fabspeed ECU Tune.
F18febe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 03:38 AM   #1115
WALDMEISTER

Garage
Quote:
GTCollection.com - Tokyo Boxster

Porsche Boxster 986 gtc.34

GTCollection.com - Luminoso Series

GTCollection.com - Luminoso comp
They look awesome. Arts = virtual? If you look closer, the turn signal/corner piece lenses look "non-oem". New after market headlights?
Spoiler grills seem virtually stretched, Turbo style, looks good.
Old 01-16-2016, 09:07 AM   #1116

CHRISP357, F18febe – thx guys, I’ll update here so you guys can follow-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
Great pictures Fred! Glad to hear from you again, I hope all is well!
Hey Captain, great to hear from you buddy, hope all is well with you too!! Glad you liked the visuals… I’ll get the blue Boxster pics loaded soon, you’ll want to see this. Looks just like yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
WELCOME BACK FRED!!!!
I trust you have recovered from your ordeal in Thailand. I hope the new year brings you lots of good things. You have been missed.
What colors will the center caps come in?
Hey bud, too kind mate, same wishes to you. (Haha) yea this Thai mishap is going to follow for a while. Mates here are making it so much easier… calling me “hey ex-convict”, or “whats up savage” or worst… recently been asked by our accountant: “going on holiday; what type of accommodation is best staying while in Thailand, fred?” she asked right there in the middle of the conference room :/ Everybody around me and at the office knows this story. Fortunately all of these chaps knows what exactly happened(& why) so they kindly throw the hero thing at me when I get offended loll

^ Anyone reading this and confused; after two reasonable warnings… I’ve ended up having to beat up a pedophile while ‘on holiday’. That’s right go figure… totally lost it both mentally and physically. What went really wrong is the guy fought back badly so it quickly came down to a “its you or me kinda scenario”. Didn’t ended up too well. Ended up in the local jail for 3 days before being sent to Bangkok (still detained) on a release condition to pay entirely for this arse’s medical bills (six+ weeks later). I initially refused but that didn’t worked out at the end - clearly. So I got toasted huge… in every directions. Moral: never play the judge or the law yourself. Not an exactly cheap decision and leads to nothing but hell. I bet this scum is still in TH and asking young girls to fetch coins out of his short pant’s side pockets as he did on that evening (40’ish, flipflops, naked torso, advertised hard-on, no underwear, ugly as a rhinoceros). I lost - literally.

Life’s too weird… let’s move on they say!

Color. Yes colors are nice. The most appreciated colors were the gunmetal and the red on silver wheels. Personally I am a huge fan of the all black center caps on a black wheel. Likely to swap mine from the original Carrera GT blue to those black in spring –we’ll see. Then you have the exotic anodized colors which of course are also available upon special order (scarlet orange, lime green, deep purple, special tones, etc). Scripts are also made-to-order if required (special order). Lastly the center’s center (middle canter) is also negotiable e.g. instead of the porsche shield. Shall you have anything against the shield your club’s or personal mark can be laser’ed instead. Fully personalized! I’ll try to get visuals of that custom center/center, you’ll see what I mean shortly

Nnnuff… this thread is useless without pics

GTCollection.com - CGT Style Center Caps Anodized

Last edited by Nine8Six; 01-16-2016 at 09:14 AM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 09:36 AM   #1117
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Good to see you around, buddy!

Put me down for a set in black!
Old 01-16-2016, 06:17 PM   #1118

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
Good to see you around, buddy!

Put me down for a set in black!
Charles brother, you know as much as me that the first kit ready to go is going your way. No question there mate
Old 01-16-2016, 08:35 PM   #1119

Location: Nanaimo, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
[QUOTE=Nine8Six;480274]CHRISP357, F18febe – thx guys, I’ll update here so you guys can follow-up.

Hey Captain, great to hear from you buddy, hope all is well with you too!! Glad you liked the visuals… I’ll get the blue Boxster pics loaded soon, you’ll want to see this. Looks just like yours!

Hey bud, too kind mate, same wishes to you. (Haha) yea this Thai mishap is going to follow for a while. Mates here are making it so much easier… calling me “hey ex-convict”, or “whats up savage” or worst… recently been asked by our accountant: “going on holiday; what type of accommodation is best staying while in Thailand, fred?” she asked right there in the middle of the conference room :/ Everybody around me and at the office knows this story. Fortunately all of these chaps knows what exactly happened(& why) so they kindly throw the hero thing at me when I get offended loll

^ Anyone reading this and confused; after two reasonable warnings… I’ve ended up having to beat up a pedophile while ‘on holiday’. That’s right go figure… totally lost it both mentally and physically. What went really wrong is the guy fought back badly so it quickly came down to a “its you or me kinda scenario”. Didn’t ended up too well. Ended up in the local jail for 3 days before being sent to Bangkok (still detained) on a release condition to pay entirely for this arse’s medical bills (six+ weeks later). I initially refused but that didn’t worked out at the end - clearly. So I got toasted huge… in every directions. Moral: never play the judge or the law yourself. Not an exactly cheap decision and leads to nothing but hell. I bet this scum is still in TH and asking young girls to fetch coins out of his short pant’s side pockets as he did on that evening (40’ish, flipflops, naked torso, advertised hard-on, no underwear, ugly as a rhinoceros). I lost - literally.

Color. Yes colors are nice. The most appreciated colors were the gunmetal and the red on silver wheels. Personally I am a huge fan of the all black center caps on a black wheel. Likely to swap mine from the original Carrera GT blue to those black in spring –we’ll see. Then you have the exotic anodized colors which of course are also available upon special order (scarlet orange, lime green, deep purple, special tones, etc). Scripts are also made-to-order if required (special order). Lastly the center’s center (middle canter) is also negotiable e.g. instead of the porsche shield. Shall you have anything against the shield your club’s or personal mark can be laser’ed instead. Fully personalized! I’ll try to get visuals of that custom center/center, you’ll see what I mean shortly

]

Don't forget if you want true carrera gt style you need teal on one side red on the other

Ps I want a set of red

Last edited by Fintro11; 01-16-2016 at 08:39 PM.
Fintro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 08:48 PM   #1120
On the slippery slope

Garage
Quote:
CHRISP357, F18febe – thx guys, I’ll update here so you guys can follow-up.

GTCollection.com - CGT Style Center Caps Anodized
Once gain, you have outdone yourself Fred.
I want what ever goes best with factory silver wheels

2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote