Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2018, 07:07 PM   #21

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottAZ View Post
Wow, so sorry that you’re dealing with this. What a bummer. It’s seemed that the consensus has been that 997s are immune to IMSB failures, except for those that have been heavily tracked. In fact, I remember a post where Jake made that statement, if I’m not mistaken. Sucks to be the one to change that! Again, so sorry!
Yeah, I told Jake that I bought the 997 based on what he said about the 997 IMS bearing. He quickly stated that he has never seen a street car with this failure. The only two other failures that he has seen were track cars, ten years ago. Obviously there are very few failures with the 997 or 987 models but maybe time will catch those models too.

300K Mile Club
Jager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 07:13 PM   #22

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandia View Post
I can be more than sympathetic as the owner of an 06 C4S (Tip). Had you looked at the cam deviation anytime in the recent past?

I do hope you are able to resolve this in a positive way.

John
I'm sure the deviation might have shown something but I had not looked at that for a few months. Obviously not something I would look at every month.

We will resolve this issue in a positive way. Jake and I are coordinating the build of my new engine. Money will not be a factor in the build of my new, stage 1, Performer, engine.

300K Mile Club
Jager is offline   Reply With Quote