Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2016, 06:51 PM   #21

Lotus Elise drives better than my Boxster but gives up way too much on practicality and luggage space.

ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 07:16 PM   #22

In my opinion:
Boxster is the best in it's class for a few reasons
1 it's a porsche
2 is an underpriced car based on the shared components with a 911 (or 911 is way overpriced)
3 two trunks
4 beautiful lines, sound and handling
5 cheapest mid engine car ever
6 convertible
8 motorized top
9 iconic flat 6 engine
And I can go on and on and on

Sorry of I offend some but the miata is not even close, starting by the fact that is not a porsche
I had and drive many japanese cars and there is nothing wrong with them, actually my altima has more power than my boxster but not in the same league.
stelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 08:35 PM   #23
"50 Years of 550 Spyder"

I looked at...

...one of the new Alfa Romeo 4C Spyders today.

Yowza!!!!

So, the above poster summed it up really well.

The Alfa and the Elise/Exige are better PURE sports cars, but they are just track toys and day trip machines with zero luggage space for cross-country road trips. That's where the Boxster's two trunks and larger size really pay off.

The Boxster hits the sweet spot for a real world, STREET sports car. It's big enough for a cross-country trip with luggage for two, small enough to still be fun to drive on a twisty road, and you can track it, and it looks, and sounds awesome.

The Boxster is more practical than a Corvette, BMW Z3/Z4, S2000, Miata, Elise, Alfa, MG, Triumph TR#, Jaguar E-Type/F-Type, Ferrari 458 Italia, Audi R8/R10, Mercedes SLK, et.al.

That's what is so amazing about the Boxster, you can commute to work every day, drive to Montana, enjoy a back road blast, attend a track day, all of it, while listening to an exotic exhaust & intake symphony while enjoying MID-ENGINE handling with the TOP DOWN.

No other car combines ALL of those features.

I have never owned a Porsche before. I actually work in the auto industry and drive many different cars from many manufacturers on a regular basis. I love my Miata, and have loved driving her for over 20 years, but this 2004 Boxster S is just amazing.

The Boxster is as perfect as a car can be for ME. It's EXACTLY what I want a sports car to be. It is shockingly good. I keep discovering little engineering details that make me smile, even at this point, one year after buying the car.

I know this is old news to most of you, but little things like the cut out in the door lower gasket to allow the trickle charger cable to pass through to the interior to plug into the cigarette lighter, which was engineered to allow trickle charging, just makes me smile.

What a car.

:dance:

550 SE #310---"It's more fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow."
10/10ths is offline   Reply With Quote