View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 04:42 PM   #1
Perfectlap

Boxster: The Best?

Can anyone think of another sports car model that set the bar for best in its category from year one?

Did Porsche build another car that did not require years of re-jiggering to put it at the sharp end of the competition?

I've owned my 986S for nearly 13 years now.
I only intended to own it for 3 years before succumbing to the disease of trying something new just for the sake of variety. I've driven just about every Porsche since with a few exceptions of the Metzger variety. when I get back in the 986 I say to myself "you idiot you should have sold this car after year 3 while the mileage was still below 30k and the resale high!".

But then I realize I wasn't going to get anything better without spending more moolah and the improvement would have only been marginal. I avoided What I refer to as the elusive elixir. That next thing that will make you complete but it never really does. The tally of very, very expensive repairs has since made me realized I should have sold much earlier. But in the merits of what the car does well and what it lacks, in my book its the best Porsche.
After 20 years its still the right proportion, the same can not be said of most sports cars.
It still hits all the marks. When people ask me why I still own it I tell them because it's the best roadster Porsche will sell you and no one else have beaten them.

Last edited by Perfectlap; 06-21-2016 at 04:44 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote