Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2015, 11:40 AM   #1
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreseller View Post
Cute.

I ask this in all seriousness; Have you ever been involved in or witnessed a high speed accident? Do you have any clue as to what happens to a passenger vehicle or the human body when they collide / tumble or strike something static at 150 plus mph?

Oh, I forgot, you like to make people pee their pants, in your automatic........
Apparently you missed post #39 of mine. I put nobody in danger but myself. As for the automatic, it's not slow and I get to keep both hands on the steering wheel at all times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAAY View Post
55mph. :dance::dance::dance::dance:
Your state has highways with 65mph highways. My state has 70mph and then there are these, with Texas having 85mph.

Four states — Idaho, Texas, Utah and Wyoming — now have top authorized limits of at least 80 mph. A dozen more states have top speed limits of 75 mph, including Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma and South Dakota. Moreover, 22 additional states have a top speed limit of 70 mph, five of which (Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Tennessee) average 70 mph across their urban and rural interstates and other limited-access roads, as listed by the GHSA.

All those speeds can kill people, even 55mph.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:05 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAM36 View Post
Apparently you missed post #39 of mine. I put nobody in danger but myself. As for the automatic, it's not slow and I get to keep both hands on the steering wheel at all times.

I'm not going to trade any more barbs with you Kram, if you want to turn yourself into a smear on the road that's your call. Just think twice about the prospects of killing / maiming some poor unsuspecting guy and his family out of sight over the next rise.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 12:32 PM   #3
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreseller View Post
I'm not going to trade any more barbs with you Kram, if you want to turn yourself into a smear on the road that's your call. Just think twice about the prospects of killing / maiming some poor unsuspecting guy and his family out of sight over the next rise.
I am very cautious of others. If you go back to post #31 I have Google street view of that stretch. You can see everything, no steep hills to obscure view, you can probably see 2 miles or more ahead of you at all times.

I appreciate the concern, this is not something I do every day. I didn't even set out to do it that day, was just out for a drive and the opportunity presented itself.