Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2012, 07:28 PM   #41

yes

Ghost- answer is yes. If I feel threatened, the one threatening me is in significant danger. I don't know what is in his mind or heart, or a what endpoint some cokehead will carry the confrontation. But with a de facto demonstration of bad faith, I will be forced to assume the worst and act accordingly. Regardless of what jurisdiction I am passing through..
Jake- that said, I can barely wear my cell phone when strapped in the seat, much less carry in my waist.I don't want to to have to remove it nor leave in car, so how do you pull this off?

BrokenLinkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:48 PM   #42

Call the police and use the purchase transactions, video from the station along with your snapshots. Finger prints too on door and damaged items.

Idiots like that are usually well know by the police and they may already know all about them and just need a victim to press charges.

Let the cops know you felt your life was being threatened and FORCE them to file that report. If they ask you can mention that you thought they were armed (increases the heat ten fold). Tell them your lawyer will need it. Ask for the Chief if they dont want to cooperate.

They must act or you will have a law suit against them.

The squeakiest wheel gets the oil, so offer the local newspaper a press release.

Make it a public issue and even the Mayor will have to get involved to do damage control.

I know it sounds like a lot of work but with all that bad PR where do you think these dummies can hide?

PS: The guns are very ballsy and all and I can relate as I am no stranger to arms either, but nothing good can come of escalation. Let the cops and public do a number on them. The heat will last a lot longer and they will have to lay low for a long time if nothing else.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 09-09-2012 at 11:05 PM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:06 PM   #43
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob O View Post
Ummmmm Missouri is NOT an open carry state! You can carry in the car...but it has to be concealed. You do not need a CCW to carry in the car but it MUST be concealed from outside view. You cannot legally carry on your person, outside the home or car, without a CCW license, and again, it must be concealed. Pulling it out just to intimidate will get you thrown in jail, quickly. It's brandishing and looked down on rather harshly. Don't do it Particleweave. As someone said above...if you pull it you'd beter be ready to use it, and you'd better be justified. You were outnumbered but apparently there wasn't any threat to you personally. (And as a side note..."using it" does not necessarily mean killing the bad guy, as was stated above. ie, putting three center mass vs the legs, etc. There's a big debate/discussion/argument about the pros and cons of both. If you decide to carry, you would be wise to read up on all the issues involved, and there are many. Sorry, this discussion would be better in another thread)

I'm very very sorry about your situation. Again, as someone said above, pepper spray might have been very effective. I carry pepper spray all the time, in addition to my legally concealed .40.

Where in Missouri do you live? Where did this happen? If you're in my area it would help to know where it happened. Maybe we can go out sometime and find those pi@@ants parked outside some bar . hmmmm problem is they probably weren't old enough to get in a bar.

Again, I feel very sorry for this. I know how you feel. I've had idiots pawing all over my Harley and my Boxster, with equal results. None of which were very fun for the perpetrators. But I doubt they do it again. People have no respect at all for other people's property. None. Too bad for them if they try that with someone who has less restraint than you did. I commend you on that. But these little twerps need a serious talking to (he says euphemistically).

Pm me if you wish.

Damm...this got my blood boiling.

Bob
Hey Bob. I live just north of you, in St. Joseph(unfortunately). Actually live just outside of town, but work in St. Joe and am a student at Missouri Western. Plenty of douchebags in this town

Thanks for all the helpful replies and advice
Id also like to apologize for my not so subtle language in the first post; I was more than a little pissed and though I still am, I honestly think it may be best to just let it go. This is not a real large city and I don't want any trouble down the road. I'll collect any evidence I can and file a report so it's on record, but probably won't push the matter.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:15 PM   #44
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Here is the "broken" bit. Nothing at all serious. Just broke off the little snap on the left side that holds it on, so every time I close the door, it falls off. Simple fix. Looks like he just yanked on it. Certainly nothing compared to Cronos car getting keyed. That's much worse

Like I said, I'm more pissed about the f'hole sticking his arm in my car than anything. Wanted to break it with a tire iron

Last edited by particlewave; 09-09-2012 at 11:17 PM.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:11 AM   #45
Ex Esso kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenLinkage View Post
Ghost- answer is yes. If I feel threatened, the one threatening me is in significant danger. I don't know what is in his mind or heart, or a what endpoint some cokehead will carry the confrontation. But with a de facto demonstration of bad faith, I will be forced to assume the worst and act accordingly. Regardless of what jurisdiction I am passing through..
Jake- that said, I can barely wear my cell phone when strapped in the seat, much less carry in my waist.I don't want to to have to remove it nor leave in car, so how do you pull this off?

Maybe in Alabama you can run it that way, in NY thinking you're in danger isn't good enough, you are only legal to use force if equal force is being used on you and even that can be vague in front of a jury. You cannot even shoot a vandal in your home who is unarmed, which is unfortunate.
Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:46 AM   #46

Garage
Here in the UK, carrying firearms is illegal, I am a long time biker and these look like spoilt kids with attitudes riding big boys toys bought by their parents.
They have no respect, and to be fair probably not much riding talent either. Rest easy that they will probably end up in the ER at some point due to their own stupidity, so f%ck 'em.......
Old 09-10-2012, 06:23 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
Pulled into the gas station after a hard days work. Had the top down to enjoy the cool night air. As soon as I pulled into the lot, a group of about a dozen douchbag kids on their silly little crotch rocket toys started yelling obscenities at me. Fuming mad, I kept my mouth shut. I got out and locked it ...
If you were surrounded by a bunch of idiots yelling obscenities at you, why did you get out of the car at all? If it was me, I would have driven to another gas station and if they followed me, I'd would have driven directly to the nearest police station. Why allow yourself to be put in this situation?
johnsimion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:21 AM   #48
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Because you can't let jerkoffs dictate how you live your life. If I constantly avoided people giving me crap about my car, I'd just drive in circles.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:30 AM   #49
Ex Esso kid

Quote:
Because you can't let jerkoffs dictate how you live your life. If I constantly avoided people giving me crap about my car, I'd just drive in circles.

I used to but you have to sign my paycheck for me to play that game. As for jerkoffs, lately I have been feeling like I live in the epicenter of jerk-titude at 123 jerk street, jerkville NY. I can't wait for spring, rental open in April will be for sale, step one in "escape from NY"...

Last edited by Ghostrider 310; 09-10-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:13 AM   #50
SoK

I can finally say i'm glad I live in KY and we have the gun laws that we do here. As soon as his arm went in the car, your right (here) is to protect yourself and your property.

I would have pulled, taken video of the guys plate, then called police. If someone advanced or otherwise threatened me or my property, I have 0 hesitations on pulling the trigger. None. If that's the type of person you are, I have no sympathy for you or your family for the decisions you made to put yourself in a life threatening situation resulting in you staring down a barrel.

I rarely see this type of behavior where I am. Accidental damage to my car is what drives me insane. I'm more worried about an overweight woman taking her 4 kids into Target next to my office and one of them opening a car door into mine than vandalism.

Looks like your damage isn't too bad though, that's an inexpensive part and easy to fix. Try the recommendations of others, track the card info at the pump to the time on video, sounds easy enough. Good luck.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #51

Garage
I agree on the playing it cool reaction. Don't let them drag you down to their level only to beat you with experience. However with that being said, I'd still want some serious payback. (Sorry, I'm just not that evolved yet) I live in KS next to a big military base (Ft. Riley) We have huge groups of those crotch-rocket riders and I've never seen them behave like that. They're mostly military guys who know they'll be in deep ******************** if they get into any trouble, so they stay respectable most of the time. You've heard a lot of different advice here. I think I like the one where you find out the most you can about them, then systematically f*ck their personal life up. Hookers, gay social sites...etc. Sounds like good clean fun to me! Otherwise.... you can always wait for karma to catch up to them... and it will.

sean
SeanZ4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #52

I'm young and stupid. If I ever caught the fcker that took his key to my car, my fists would have no hesitation getting introduced to his face.
I work at a nightclub. I've stared down the barrel of a loaded gun before... Even got to see it fire. I have a nice gash on the side of my face to prove that I survived a bullet aimed for my head.

Some punk kid coward enough to scratch my car isn't getting any sympathy from me. He either pays for the repairs in full, or I take the payment in medical bills with interest.

That's me on the right. Scar on my left cheek.

Last edited by Crono0001; 09-10-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Crono0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:26 AM   #53

Quote:
Let's see, doing it your way made you fuming mad, got your car damaged, and cost you hours of time and effort to catch them and get revenge. My way, I drive to another gas station and the incident is over with no damage and no lasting anger. Seems to me that the jerkoffs have dictated your life your way a lot more than they would have with mine. But then, I also don't have issues with people constantly giving me crap about my car. In three years I have never experienced this one time. Nor have any of my friends and acquaintances who also have Porsches. Since you seem to be in a minority of "one" in this regard, it makes me wonder if you had anger issues brewing before you ever even got to the gas station.
johnsimion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsimion View Post
Let's see, doing it your way made you fuming mad, got your car damaged, and cost you hours of time and effort to catch them and get revenge. My way, I drive to another gas station and the incident is over with no damage and no lasting anger. Seems to me that the jerkoffs have dictated your life your way a lot more than they would have with mine. But then, I also don't have issues with people constantly giving me crap about my car. In three years I have never experienced this one time. Nor have any of my friends and acquaintances who also have Porsches. Since you seem to be in a minority of "one" in this regard, it makes me wonder if you had anger issues brewing before you ever even got to the gas station.
Particle, Are you a minority of one with anger issues ? You have always seemed OK to me. Max
milliemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #55
Ex Esso kid

This one isn't on Pwave, suppose he drives off and they toss a rock, I'll take the broken handle. If these guys were out to damage it, driving off was unlikely to cure it, these guys are in the wrong not pwave and I don't think he reacted harshly either, I'm sure someone snapping something inside the Spyder would piss me off too.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:40 PM   #56

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenLinkage View Post
I can barely wear my cell phone when strapped in the seat, much less carry in my waist.I don't want to to have to remove it nor leave in car, so how do you pull this off?
Appendix carry with a short barrel. I use a 3" 1911 or a Glock 26/27. Very comfortable as long as you don't need to lose 50#.
grubinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #57
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliemax View Post
Particle, Are you a minority of one with anger issues ? You have always seemed OK to me. Max
I don't think so Max
I get a little irritated by tailgaters and vandals...does that mean that I have anger issues?

It's ok. Misser John seems to want to goad me into an argument, but I'm not taking the bait
I'm pretty passive until my person or property are threatened.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #58
Ex Esso kid

Yeah but wasn't Josey Wales from Missouri? just sayin....
Old 09-11-2012, 05:16 PM   #59

Quote:
I don't think so Max
I get a little irritated by tailgaters and vandals...does that mean that I have anger issues?

It's ok. Misser John seems to want to goad me into an argument, but I'm not taking the bait
I'm pretty passive until my person or property are threatened.
You are a nice member of this forum and I enjoy your responces. I , on the other hand am older and have been around "The barn yard" a few times with nasty people. I would have taken out the leaders teeth and maybe the 2nd guy's teeth also before #1 they all ran or #2 they finished me off. I would bet on #1 . Most bullies loose their friends quickly. Once again I am sorry this happened to you and your car. You did not deserve this action. Ps study hard !!! as I have a bet on you !!!
milliemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:42 PM   #60

This is what the police are for. Time to teach their sorry asses a legal lesson.