Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2008, 02:17 PM   #1

Oh No!! Need help please

hi,
on the advise of the dealer, when changing the rear springs on my 2002 S, they suggested not removing the axle like some people say, but to unbolt the lower control arm ( the thing with the ball joint), well...... they forgot to tell me about the washer, After I unbolted it, I noticed the washer has hash marks to adjust something. I did not notice where it was to begin with.

so how do I align the washer thing back? To which hash mark? Help.

Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley

Last edited by jhandy; 08-15-2008 at 05:17 PM.
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:30 PM   #2

that is for adjusting your camber. even if you'd marked the old position, every time you disconnect your lower control arms in back, you should have an alignment done.

rear camber and rear toe are related, so if this setting is off, BOTH camber and toe will be affected. go get your alignment set and you'll be good to go. what springs did you install?

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 03:39 PM   #3

i put on the HR springs. looks OMG nice. not pulling the half shaft saved a ton of time.
Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley

Last edited by jhandy; 08-15-2008 at 05:18 PM.
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 04:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhandy
i pu on the HR springs. looks OMG nice. not pulling the half shaft saved a ton of time.
wow; the H&R's are LOW! FYI, you will probably need a set of adjustable toe links to get your camber in spec. when you lower the car, the camber increases beyond the OEM toe link's ability to adjust.

Tarret and TRG make sets, but they're pricey ($450). i think Che at delubozparts makes some for around $200.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote