Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2020, 01:47 PM   #41
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparke4 View Post
Does anyone make a bosch 02 sensor extension pre-wired with harnesses for plug and play/ ready to go for our 986?
Well, I'm about to. Haha.
I just ordered the ends.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 09:01 AM   #42
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparke4 View Post
Does anyone make a bosch 02 sensor extension pre-wired with harnesses for plug and play/ ready to go for our 986?
So that future searches will find this information more easily than digging through the "what did you do to your boxster today" thread:

Part numbers for the connectors:
Bosch 1-928-403-453
Bosch 1-928-403-736

Member pilot4fn used 18g automotive wire. I'll probably follow suit, since his presumably worked.

maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 09:52 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
So that future searches will find this information more easily than digging through the "what did you do to your boxster today" thread:

Part numbers for the connectors:
Bosch 1-928-403-453
Bosch 1-928-403-736

Member pilot4fn used 18g automotive wire. I'll probably follow suit, since his presumably worked.

Awesome thx!
aparke4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 09:16 AM   #44

Garage
Colorado test requirements 10yo+

GREAT THREAD!

Colorado bureaucrats adopted current California Air Resource Board standards for those that live in the AIR program area so we need to have OEM cats or CARB-certified aftermarket cats which are few & expensive.

If you're diligent in driving by the roadside testing stations (CO, CO2, NO, O2, & opacity) in the correct period before the required 2-year test & get your license plate renewal indicating no dedicated test requirement you're home free. Otherwise, you have to take it to a test site. However, since 986s are over 12YO they use the IM240 dyno test (kinda fun to watch on the customer monitor), not the OBDIII. From the state website:
I/M 240 stands for "Inspection and Maintenance — 240 seconds" and refers to the dynamometer (treadmill-like device) found in each lane of the emissions testing station.

Gasoline-powered vehicles that are at least 12 years old (back to model year 1982) and registered in the Automobile Inspection and Readjustment (AIR) program area require an I/M 240 test every two years. The I/M 240 test simulates emissions during a variety of driving conditions (idle, low speed and high speed) over the course of 240 seconds (4 minutes).

More information about the I/M 240 test is available through the Air Care Colorado website.
In planning my intake/exhaust/ECU extravaganza the only cats I've found that (might?) fit in catless downpipes are the $434 Magnaflows https://www.magnaflow.com/products/337303-magnaflow-california-grade-carb-compliant-universal-catalytic-converter-337303

I'll replace the hard drive in my old Dell laptop with the $486 PIWIS III SSD https://www.autonumen.com/goods-7102-Porsche-Piwis-3-Tester-III-Diagnostic-Tool.html & upload a 2004 Special Edition ROW tune after all the mods. Then do a few drive-by tests so I don't have to go through the IM240 which I'm not afraid of, rather the barely-knowledgeable operators with the dyno (they nixed the aftermarket cat on my Audi URS4 way before the CARB edict).

RSVP,
Steve

Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote