Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2017, 01:57 PM   #1441

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeru View Post
I'm actually kind of excited these may be available without the angel eyes. Fred, if not a hassle, can I see a mock up of what your newer Vivo style would look like without the angel eye holes?
Killed the thousand holes and replaced with sexy. Vivo Series - Titanium Edition. Super cheap $1,200/kit

(bored) They chopped the building electricity for the entire night so I'm stuck home doing nothing else than sharpening up my headlight design 'disabilities' Seriously though, I do have access to this commercially pure titanium grade for ridiculously cheap here. The one that gives that semi-faded-gold effect! Tempted to get a series out in this material, comments?!

Bye bye angel eyes! We obviously have many other ways to get those to live up to the brand, that's one of them

Old 02-21-2017, 02:07 PM   #1442

Garage
Very nice looking Fred, I love that design! I still love the look of mine although sadly, I had to disconnect my angel eyes due to failure on the right side the other day I think discontinuing the LED's is the right move, but the aesthetic of the machined holes is still incredible

iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 02:18 PM   #1443

Thx Captain. Yes those CGT style projectors are the best, period. Not a debate. However heard more than once that there is a need for other styles. Not sure what that means lolll

I quit the angel eyes but won't quit optimizing those shapes and features. Let me know what you guys want/need and I'll snap my fingers
Old 02-22-2017, 07:38 AM   #1444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
I quit the angel eyes but won't quit optimizing those shapes and features. Let me know what you guys want/need and I'll snap my fingers
I would be interested in a set if you have any spare capacity in the coming weeks? You've scared me into changing my ebay plastic ones.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
RichRobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 01:07 AM   #1445

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichRobby View Post
I would be interested in a set if you have any spare capacity in the coming weeks?
Rich - I'll start on those headlights as soon as I am done with those sweet center caps. I plan on getting them ready to ship before spring kicks in. Some need re-design (simplified) so this will take a little while. Also want to give that Vivo a special look, if only that supplier of that micro black mesh could lower his $300/sheet price down to let's say $50 I'd take a few :/

Re machined holes; I agree with Bruce that they bring in some additional bling but in all honesty, that is not what makes those projectors standout. The car's front-end as a whole is what bling, holes or not. Keep this in mind

Here some Turismo Series without the machined holes. As you can see, these cars still look & feel modernized. Speaking loud and clear here I think!

Old 03-04-2017, 06:01 AM   #1446

Garage
Ok, here we go.. My first ever post in the 986-forum.. I have been following this thread from the very beginning and as a "headlight junkie" I am amazed of these CGT-style projectors and how they really enhance the front of the 986. As shown in my Picture I really need to do something about my halogens.. I´d really like to be on the list for the upcoming batch if possible!

Robert986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:39 PM   #1447

are the old/previous one's all sold out everywhere? I can't stand my halogens...i need someone to convert mine
geetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 06:43 PM   #1448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert986 View Post
Ok, here we go.. My first ever post in the 986-forum.. I have been following this thread from the very beginning and as a "headlight junkie" I am amazed of these CGT-style projectors and how they really enhance the front of the 986. As shown in my Picture I really need to do something about my halogens.. I´d really like to be on the list for the upcoming batch if possible!
Welcome to the forum Robert. Wonderful first post, got to light up with style indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetee View Post
are the old/previous one's all sold out everywhere? I can't stand my halogens...i need someone to convert mine
Looking at getting a few kits by the end of March, hopefully in hands (on your side) before spring kicks-in. Got 12 fellas on the waiting list but plan on making a few extra to supply until summer I'll update the thread in a few weeks
Old 03-07-2017, 07:08 PM   #1449

I'm another from down under who'd like to be on the list for these lights - I assume the details for installing are provided or is it somewhere back in the 70+ pages of this thread??
auBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 07:17 PM   #1450

Cool, received! Thanks for letting me know

Got a new 4K ciine cam (GH4+speedbooster) I'll see if I can get an headlight retroft in HD. I'll post on youtube for all to see how easy it is Other than that, yes I still got the Installation manual if required. I'll link up soon
Old 03-10-2017, 03:10 PM   #1451

And one more to add.

PMed as well
StrangerDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:20 PM   #1452

Me too . . .

I'll also take a set for my 98 986.

Chris
SvenskaPoika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 06:59 PM   #1453
Need For Speed

Garage
Fred do you have your website up for these lights? Have some people wanting to know how to get them. Thanks!
Old 03-24-2017, 03:20 AM   #1454

Its official...

I have lost my dang mind.

I read all 73 pages of this post.

In one sitting.

And I don't even own a Porsche. Don't even really want one.

About halfway through I had to check my history to find out how I even found my way down this rabbit hole LOL

Such beautiful machine work...

That is all - good day!
SCF01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 07:46 AM   #1455

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCF01 View Post
I have lost my dang mind.
I read all 73 pages of this post.
In one sitting.
And I don't even own a Porsche. Don't even really want one.
Such beautiful machine work...
That is all - good day!
You'd want one after you've driven one... lol

At least they're giving credit where credit is due.
2000 Boxster S, SPEC stage 1 clutch, Fabspeed sport headers, Fabspeed secondary cat deletes, Billy&Boat muffler, EVOM air intake, Ben006's Custom Short Shifter, Pedro's TechnoBrace, Eibach rear sway bar, De-snorkeled, Fred's custom projector HL
Dubaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 11:01 AM   #1456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubaday View Post
You'd want one after you've driven one... lol

At least they're giving credit where credit is due.
I have no doubt that I'd want one. They are good looking little cars.
Maybe I did a search for one in my area, and maybe I found out used can be had pretty reasonably.

I have some other priorities ahead of a Porsche, but who knows, I might be back one day as an owner.

I bet it'd make me look 10 years younger
SCF01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 08:09 PM   #1457
Beginner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCF01 View Post
I have no doubt that I'd want one. They are good looking little cars.
Maybe I did a search for one in my area, and maybe I found out used can be had pretty reasonably.

I have some other priorities ahead of a Porsche, but who knows, I might be back one day as an owner.

I bet it'd make me look 10 years younger
It will make you feel 10 years younger, you know where to get killer headlight upgrades already, and you can kibitz about your oil, IMS, headlight switch, tires, jugged versus bagged milk, (not cats though) with the rest of the forum. That puts you one step ahead of the game as soon as you start!
Old 04-02-2017, 10:17 AM   #1458

Count me in. PM sent
bustedknuckelgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:50 PM   #1459
986 Newb

PM sent. These are awesome.
Crispyfritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 07:04 PM   #1460

Me too...

This is amazing - how can I get a kit for my 99?

WindwardBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote