Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > DIY Project Guides

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2015, 03:21 PM   #781

Quote:
Originally Posted by clickman View Post
Hey Fred, you may recall I had told you that I was working on a DIY instruction for the kit, assembled from you, Charles and others on the forum. I have something cobbled together now, but I want you and Charles to look at it first. PM coming.
FULL refund on your kit + shipping and tons of virtual kisses coming your way - if it passes Charles' QC of course!

Sure those of us who've been wanting to join the "Exterminate-the-Halogen Secret Society" will much appreciate this Norm.

Shoot (PM replied)

Old 01-16-2015, 03:27 PM   #782

A Facebook review from those who runs any of those 3 kits would equally be appreciated!

E.g. How they install, lighting system improvement, Charles' DIY services, how handsome he is, etc etc, all good point to mention.

If you have a few minutes, it would help a lot at this end. Trying to get this Facebook social/media/reach thing kick started, and I don't know how lollll I could do with some you guys' help any day

https://www.facebook.com/GTProjectors
> Click on REVIEW, and write as many bad things as you want lol
Old 01-19-2015, 09:17 PM   #783

edit: hmmmm lollll ignore this post

will update with better shots b4 the weekend

Last edited by Nine8Six; 01-19-2015 at 09:57 PM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 04:44 PM   #784

by Norm (member Clickman) & Charles (member Particlewave)

Excellent News

We now have a complete DIY Installation Manual for those who wish to upgrade their Porsche Boxster (986) or Porsche 911 (996) old halogen headlights with a true bi-xenon & HID lighting system. The manual is completed with 29 pages, 27 HD pics and one video.

Can't thank Norm and Charles enough for helping me out for putting this together. And it's in English! Thank you

Download [3MB]:
http://www.gtprojectors.com/downloads/Porsche_986_996_Headlight_Retrofit_Instructions.pd f

^ The Ultimate Exterminate the Halogen Manual!
Old 01-22-2015, 01:24 PM   #785

[QUOTEe

:[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayerstrat View Post

Has anyone gone with the black projectors and the painted inside? If so, pics
Old 01-22-2015, 01:41 PM   #786
Custom User Title Here

Garage

Old 01-22-2015, 05:09 PM   #787

I love it

Old 01-22-2015, 09:32 PM   #788
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
I love it

Hehe...maybe I should have some small headlight decals made

Old 01-24-2015, 06:21 AM   #789

Charles, you must be able to crack those headlights open in your sleep after doing that many of them.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:04 AM   #790

Vivo in gunmetal with amber angel eyes

Martin - this crazy Luminoso kit is 'finally' on its way to Vancouver mate. Fingers crossed buddy and sincere apologies for the delay.

Go Go Supercar stuff man, think you'll like those

And those Vivo are quite special. Why? because of the amber lighting. Not sure what happened to me recently but I am all going amber gaga for some reason. You have to admit this is quite unique.

Huge thanks to William (Strachan)!

Old 02-07-2015, 01:06 AM   #791

^

Old 02-07-2015, 03:38 PM   #792

Looks better than I thought it was going too. Great work Fred!

PS ..... He amber idea stemmed from you when we discussed amber turn signals. I just applied it to the lights and calipers.

Pics when all is installed!
strachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 03:51 PM   #793

Location: Nanaimo, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
Thanks Fred they look amazing!
Fintro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 08:05 AM   #794

Fred, what's the total number of units shipped so far?
Old 02-08-2015, 05:55 PM   #795

Quote:
Fred, what's the total number of units shipped so far?
Not many, not enough, too little. I am getting closer to call it a FAIL in my mission to exterminate the old, ineffective, hot and massive current demanding bulbs (aka T. Edison halogen).

Maybe we don't sell those kits expansive enough?! The old 1994 era optics Litroblitz headlights sells better still today at $2,000 a pair

A reputable and USA based marketing guru once advise me to raise the price from that silly $300 up to $1500. The more expansive it is = the better (typical consumers said lol). He was so correct, I didn't listen
Old 02-08-2015, 09:16 PM   #796

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
Not many, not enough, too little. I am getting closer to call it a FAIL in my mission to exterminate the old, ineffective, hot and massive current demanding bulbs (aka T. Edison halogen).

Maybe we don't sell those kits expansive enough?! The old 1994 era optics Litroblitz headlights sells better still today at $2,000 a pair

A reputable and USA based marketing guru once advise me to raise the price from that silly $300 up to $1500. The more expansive it is = the better (typical consumers said lol). He was so correct, I didn't listen

I think most people are too afraid to open up their headlights
Old 02-08-2015, 09:45 PM   #797

I hope it's not going to turn into the famous artist thing, where it's only appreciated once it's gone. That would be a massive shame. After 8 years of ownership, and many mods, your headlights are at the top of my list for bang for the buck. You should be proud. Keep your head up, and let's forge ahead to exterminate the halogens!!
Old 02-08-2015, 09:47 PM   #798

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintro11 View Post
We have Charles! Fred, maybe your gtprojectors website needs to make it patently obvious to those on the fence that there's an installer out there that can do the job for those that don't want to do it themselves!
Old 02-09-2015, 01:33 AM   #799

Anouncement - Pelican Parts to take over GTP on 1st March 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintro11 View Post
I think it has more to do with being LAZY. I struggle more with opening my morning peanut butter jar than opening a old & dry Porsche headlight. You'll see....

Quote:
I hope it's not going to turn into the famous artist thing, where it's only appreciated once it's gone. That would be a massive shame. After 8 years of ownership, and many mods, your headlights are at the top of my list for bang for the buck. You should be proud. Keep your head up, and let's forge ahead to exterminate the halogens!!
Bang for the buck that is for sure! I am not giving up too soon no worries - keep reading

GTProjectors' future is to compete with the common retrofit "plastic" bezel kits you find everywhere on eBay and those of reputable retrofitters here and there. I am not going to say anything bad about other's products (I never do) however, I'll say this: For about the same price of a plastic retrofit kit, GTProjectors provides you with stylish precision machined parts; they are robust, durable, anodized and most - personalized with laser scripts. I.e. a game changer. Adding to this, BI-XENON and I am not too shy to say publically that they are bundled with the very best universal OPTIC available today. The Ultimate ver. pattern/trademarked by AES co.

In a few words, the GTProjectors are The Best-in-The-World at the moment (hmmm where did I heard that before lol)

It's just a matter of time before ppl finds them and understand what they really are. It could go faster but unfortunately I do not have the do$h and the know-how it takes to carry out marketing campaigns and all that tralala involved (not exactly cheap). Can't even manage a silly FB page properly lollll

At this stage, I think it would be fair to everyone for me to announce that (finally) starting from 1st March 2015, PELICAN PARTS will have exclusivity and will be officially selling the GTP kits (surprise again, sorry). I was about to release this anytime soon anyway. Now these fine chaps at Pelican has the "know-how" and resources to bring this product to its next level (I quit lol). On my part, I'll be focusing on what I do best only which is making them and bringing innovation to the product line (mainly additional designs). Stay Tuned for the official release coming from Pelican.

Norm - you've asked how many I've sold. The answer is many (I've stop counting in mid-2014). The TURISMO has been the top seller by large numbers for 986s, 996s, GT2s & 3s. They've been well received and appreciated from everywhere (USA, CA, France, Spain, Japan, China, Thailand, man... even as far as Dubai and Qatar). They are also being installed on other sport cars (Lotus Elise, VW GTI, BMW) and on 3 supercars (2 Lambo & 1 Ferrari), forgot what other cars but there are some....

And only recently on Corvettes!

Old 02-09-2015, 10:35 AM   #800

I had three guys interested here, they said they are going to wait until I open up the headlight chickens I tell ya. I work on overhead cranes for a living some cost over a million and most will cause death if they fail. If I can fix those a silly little porsche headlight is child's play as I always say if all else fails hit it with a hammer that will fix it