Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2006, 07:32 PM   #41

Rates of Incarceration

http://www.hrw.org/reports/2000/usa/Rcedrg00-01.htm

The disproportionate representation of black Americans in the U.S. criminal justice system is well documented.Blacks comprise 13 percent of the national population, 41 percent of people in jail.
One in three black men between the ages of 20 and 29 was either in jail or prison, or on parole or probation in 1995.One in ten black men in their twenties and early thirties is in prison or jail. Thirteen percent of the black adult male population has lost the right to vote because of felony disenfranchisement laws.

Hard to keep a family together when all the dads are in the joint....

Old 12-08-2006, 07:42 PM   #42

OMG stop this insane thread that has nothing to do with the car being stolen and smashed. the next fool to post really has too much time on there hands.

gone too far.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:50 PM   #43

Great thread , seeing different views...

A thread on Adolph Hitler's commisioned race car ended up debating Cuba and exiles.

Don't fear enlightment.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:54 PM   #44

Thanks to somebody on this FORUM i discovered i was living in a communist country I just new my parents made a mistake when emigrating to CANADA (AMERICA).
Guess who the jerk is went on & on & on & on & on about the love for his EX country.
WHO STOPPED THAT HISTORIAN, NOBODY!
Be careful this is BAIT for all the jerks who think they know it all.

PS; And some forum members were disappointed they missed that stupid thread
Grow up.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:59 PM   #45

i can't wait until vijen6 checks this post. gonna be like what the!!! what did i start! i think something really is wrong, where did he go............he hasn't replied back!!!
Old 12-08-2006, 08:03 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 986Roadster
i can't wait until vijen6 checks this post. gonna be like what the!!! what did i start! i think something really is wrong, where did he go............he hasn't replied back!!!

Are we both fools now.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:05 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by gRed04
Caught that a little too late and apologized in a edit in my post.
You didn't owe me an apology, dude. We're just having a conversation.

By the way, the nationwide numbers pretty closely mimic the Federal prison numbers as far as percentages go. I found it in a PDF format, but I'm too stupid to be able to figure out how to copy it here. The long and short of it is that dbth's figures are right on the mark at approximately 41%. My only point was that it was not 85% of the prison population.
...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet
Old 12-08-2006, 08:05 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco
Thanks to somebody on this FORUM i discovered i was living in a communist country I just new my parents made a mistake when emigrating to CANADA (AMERICA).
Guess who the jerk is went on & on & on & on & on about the love for his EX country.

Grow up.
ah....yes and I thought I was done here....I stopped reading a lot of what that individual posts because much like in this post its rather rude....regardless of whether he is from that country or not....

I feel for Kronix, I never saw what got him kicked off but I saw a lot of the crap that was being spewed back and forth disrespecting Canada.....enough is enough
Old 12-08-2006, 08:12 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by super66
ah....yes and I thought I was done here....I stopped reading a lot of what that individual posts because much like in this post its rather rude....regardless of whether he is from that country or not....

I feel for Kronix, I never saw what got him kicked off but I saw a lot of the crap that was being spewed back and forth disrespecting Canada.....enough is enough

I'm cool thanks
Old 12-08-2006, 08:13 PM   #50

i agree..he better log back in, soon! and tell us the details...been calling him but no answer on his phone. we live like a mile from each other...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 986Roadster
Old 12-08-2006, 09:14 PM   #51
boggtown

While I see all sides, we can't delete the thread. For the same reason its a crime to deny the holocaust existed. I dont agree with a lot that has been said, but im tolerant of it. I just know that if Im in the ghetto and I see a group of white people (looking like there up to no good) approaching my car, im gonna run the red light and drive the heck away. Ive had a friend almost get their corvette carjacked by some black people, luckily he hauled but outta there. While we can all agree that there are undesirables in the world, its our own fault. I dont know how we can fix it, but there will always be a bad egg in a good family, and its the social and economic environment that really dictates a childs future. And yes, there will always be a good egg that overcomes adversity and does fine. I think that 80% of the world is dictated by the family/ environment, and 10% will be good no matter what, and 10% will be bad no matter what.

Old 12-08-2006, 09:20 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtown
While I see all sides, we can't delete the thread. For the same reason its a crime to deny the holocaust existed. I dont agree with a lot that has been said, but im tolerant of it. I just know that if Im in the ghetto and I see a group of white people (looking like there up to no good) approaching my car, im gonna run the red light and drive the heck away. Ive had a friend almost get their corvette carjacked by some black people, luckily he hauled but outta there. While we can all agree that there are undesirables in the world, its our own fault. I dont know how we can fix it, but there will always be a bad egg in a good family, and its the social and economic environment that really dictates a childs future. And yes, there will always be a good egg that overcomes adversity and does fine. I think that 80% of the world is dictated by the family/ environment, and 10% will be good no matter what, and 10% will be bad no matter what.
Hi Jonathan did u paint your rear diffusers yet and if yes how did they turn out
Old 12-08-2006, 09:27 PM   #53
boggtown

Hey, no. I got my bumper today though My mom said that if I called around and found a good shop that she would pay for it. So Im expecting a $500-700 quote for bumper, sideskirts, and diffusers. Kinda saddened me but a profesional paint booth would give the parts the love and attention they need, lol. BTW, how can I tell if the GT3 bumper is urethane. I can push on the front top of it and have it give some, but the back of it looks like a fiberglass weave. Can anyone who took their bumper off describe the back of it to me. Sorry for the hijack

Old 12-08-2006, 09:41 PM   #54

If your talking about the OEM front bumper the back side of mine is smooth no weave. The GT3 bumper u got could be a urethane reinforced with fiberglass not sure and urethane is much heavier than fiberglass.
I hope this helps
Old 12-09-2006, 02:58 AM   #55

Some observations

1). BruceLee is enlightened.

2). Here comes a generalization: People are so uptight about race, even when they're tryin to be cool about it. (Note: I was going to write "white people" but deleted "white" cause this applies to everyone but especially "patronizing whites")

3). Why are self righteous people so dorky?

4). Non-sequitur: The other day on my morning commute, I stopped at a red light. A young suit on a cell phone decided to cut through a corner parking lot rather than wait for the light and zipped into the lot. The morning sun must have blinded him cause he smacked head on into the cement base of a light pole. He crumpled the front, the hood popped open and steam shot out. It was f'n great!!
Old 12-09-2006, 06:23 AM   #56

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by super66

Again, for the record, Kronix was banned for his profanity laced PM to me and his direct threats to assault me if he hever saw me in person.

We don't really like it when the owner is threatened. It makes him testy!

Old 12-09-2006, 06:24 AM   #57

Non-sequitur: The other day on my morning commute, I stopped at a red light. A young suit on a cell phone decided to cut through a corner parking lot rather than wait for the light and zipped into the lot. The morning sun must have blinded him cause he smacked head on into the cement base of a light pole. He crumpled the front, the hood popped open and steam shot out. It was f'n great!!

Now, that would be funny to see!

Old 12-09-2006, 07:35 AM   #58

Smile

http://www.hoover.org/pubaffairs/dailyreport/archive/2867071.html

For anyone with an interest in a rationale and rigorous discussion of race and racism in America, I recommend Shelby Steele's papers and books.

See above for a sample.

Thanks

Old 12-09-2006, 12:55 PM   #59
cartagena

Oh my, I think I am being called a jerk! One thing about Canadians is they never stop whining. It comes from being born in a country where everything is a big #2 to the US. Soon though you will be living in the country of Quebec so you will not be Canadian much longer. Once they frenchies take control of everything we will see how fast you head back to America.

And, by the way, Knoxnuts was kicked off for something completely unrelated to me. It was after he was kicked off that he returned to threaten and kill me for giving out honest information on Canadian culture.

Ok, todays joke:

An American, a Scot and a Canuk were in a terrible car accident. They were all brought to the same emergency room, but all three of them died before they arrived. Just as they were about to put the toe tag on the American, he stirred and opened his eyes. Astonished, the doctors and nurses present asked him what happened.

"Well," said the American, "I remember the crash, and then there was a beautiful light, and then the Canadian and the Scot and I were standing at the gates of heaven. St. Peter approached us and said that we were all too young to die, and that for a donation of $100, we could return to the earth."

He continued, " So of course, I pulled out my wallet and gave him the $100, and the next thing I knew I was back here."

"That's amazing!" said one of the doctors, "But what happened to the other two?"

"Last I saw them," replied the American, "the Scot was haggling over the price and the Canadian was waiting for the government to pay for his."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco

Grow up.

Old 12-09-2006, 01:51 PM   #60

Wow .. wtf did I start here .. LOL .. I was using the term 'African American' to be politically correct. My fault I guess. Haha.

I was driving along on a flat road, and this big SUV rolls up behind me. I didn't really notice though, because I was just cruising, top down, with my music on. Light turns green, I start to get going, then they honked at me. I figure ok .. whatever .. they want me to go faster .. so I switch over to the open lane and went off .. I guess the SUV was still stuck in traffic.

Next light, I looked back and they were about 4 cars back behind me in the left lane. Whatever. Light turns green again, I took off normally. They cut off 2 - 3 cars across 3 lanes to get on my right side, and caught up to me quick since I was just going speed limit. Driver started to yell at me. Pull your car over. Pull over NOW! Screaming. I asked him why? He screamed out again, you hit my car. Pull over NOW.

I was thinking WTF. When did I hit his car? No bump, no whatever. So I replied and said I didn't hit your car. Then the driver swerved trying to bump me off the road while his passengers kept screaming at me to pull over. I almost pulled over, but then I saw the guy in the back reach down and pull something out. Got only a quick look but it looked like a chrome gun to me.

My mind started going into panic mode.

Situation: 4 angry 'african american' dressed in 'gangster thug' style road raging. Trying to run me off the road. Possible gun in the back. I'm by myself. **************** that.

I downshifted and took off. Racing down Aborn (45 speed limit) at about 120 (stupid .. i know) . Lost them about 20-30 cars behind me, I braked hard and made a left turn. Then hard again to the right. Since I know the area pretty well, I figure I'll lose them. Keep in mind, my brain was still in panic mode trying to avoid getting shot. I smoked my brakes again into two other right turns trying to swing back on Aborn. I guess at the next turn, my brakes were at their limit because it BARELY slowed my car down at all. I was going about 15mph too fast for the turn and swiped my right side against a light pole.

Seeing how I was out in the open street, I was scared that those guy were still chasing me, looking for me, so I hobbled the car into a side street and just went into someone's covered parking space to hide. Then ran two houses down and jumped the fence into the guys yard. I immediately called 911 and told them where I was, and that I think 4 guys with gun was trying to kill me. While waiting for the police to come, I peaked out to the main street and saw the black SUV driving by, obviously still looking for me. If I had left my car at the scene of the accident, then 100% sure the SUV would have found the car and maybe me too.

It took about 5 minutes for the police to get on scene. 4 squad cars came. I saw them and ran out waving my hand. I told them the whole story but 1/2 the police didn't believe me. They thought I was driving wreckless, hit my car, and now am trying to make up a story since they didn't see any suspicious black SUV when they came in. The ranking officer on scene sat on me on the sidewalk like I was a Mexican about to be deported. People drove by were staring. =T

They look at the accident and made some call then told me they were going to handle it as an accident. I hit the light pole, so it is an at fault accident, and I should deal with my insurance company. Then they called my parents to come pick me up and called a tow truck for the car and left. No police report. Didn't even take down my license. Wow. I guess thats police work for you.

Anyways, damage report:

My front bumper is smashed. Lithtronic I am not sure need to be replaced or not, but atleast the little corner light is smashed. Fender is scrapped. Front rim is cracked. Front and rear tires on the right side is torn. Control arm? was broken so that my rim was sitting on only struts. When I was at the shop the rim was at a 90% angle to the car?

Right now I am waiting for adjuster to come out and look at the damage. Hopefully they cover 100% - my deductable.

I think now is a good time to upgrade my bumper to the turbo look. Where is a good place to find GOOD fitting after market parts, or should I just go with stock OEM?

I like the bumper style here ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSCHE-BOXSTER-GT-2-BODY-KIT-BUMPER-SKIRTS-N-SPOILER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36475QQihZ007QQ itemZ170058070610QQrdZ1 ), but it is Ebay, so I dont know if I am getting crap quality or not.

Anyone buy from these guys before?

Sorry for the long wait before I posted the story, but I am swamped with work this week. 60 hours of work + waiting for rides because my insurance have not given me a free rental yet.

Urgg .. I need a beer tonight. LOL

PS. I remember there was this website that listed all the bumper available for Boxsters, 911 and if it fitted. Cant seem to find it now. Anyone have the link?

Closed Thread