Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2006, 07:30 AM   #21
boggtown

You could do what I did and get a dirty bodyshop. They quote it extra high then do the work cheap so you have money for extra parts, Or they just quote what itd cost to buy a new GT3 bumper, new headlights, fender, etc.... and say thats the cost of repairs. Its bad but when your in a pinch it helps to get the entire front end of your car repainted for $40 cash (my instance).

Old 11-29-2006, 07:34 AM   #22
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtown
You could do what I did and get a dirty bodyshop. They quote it extra high then do the work cheap so you have money for extra parts, Or they just quote what itd cost to buy a new GT3 bumper, new headlights, fender, etc.... and say thats the cost of repairs. Its bad but when your in a pinch it helps to get the entire front end of your car repainted for $40 cash (my instance).
Insurance fraud huh. That's probably not the smartest thing to admit to and definitely not something that an honest person would do. My insurance rates are rediculously high because of behavior like this.

What's the name of that shop?

Last edited by blue2000s; 11-29-2006 at 07:44 AM.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:10 AM   #23
boggtown

I never admitted to anything, It could have all been lies. Hypothetically every part that was hurt got repainted regardless of the extent of injury, so its justifiable. And it wasnt insurence fraud, the person who hit me paid out of their pocket. Id rather have repainted hood than a colormatched section is all im saying.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:20 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioboxster
Would it be wrong to ask for pictures? I kind of want to see what it looks like. Sorry for your loss.
Thanks. I took a lot of pictures, but they're still on the camera. I never downloaded them since the insurance company accepted full responsibility almost immediately after I filed the claim. In fact, I filed the claim and 45 minutes later they were calling me back . Anyway, about the pics. I'm not sure I can bear to look at them again. While this was certainly not a "major" accident by any stretch, it still pains me to think about my baby being hurt. I'll see what I can do though. Heck, I need to get them off the camera anyway.

Bob
7/15 mm spacers
Deambered
Desnorked
SS door sills
Debadged
Clear tails
Technobrace
Technobra
I'll never own another black car!
Bob O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:23 AM   #25

Quote:

nahhhhhhh I don't want to do that. It looks like the whole front is going to get painted anyway. And I'd rather take the car to a reputable shop and have the work done correctly, and on the up and up.

Bob
7/15 mm spacers
Deambered
Desnorked
SS door sills
Debadged
Clear tails
Technobrace
Technobra
I'll never own another black car!
Bob O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:27 AM   #26

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2000s
Insurance fraud huh. That's probably not the smartest thing to admit to and definitely not something that an honest person would do. My insurance rates are rediculously high because of behavior like this.
Are you sure its not cause your drivin record and that your not a single white female with 2 kids ages 4 thur 8 driving a 87 Chevy Corsica... She gets the $25 a month rates... not the Porsche owners.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:30 AM   #27
Porscheectomy

Quote:
I never admitted to anything, It could have all been lies. Hypothetically every part that was hurt got repainted regardless of the extent of injury, so its justifiable. And it wasnt insurence fraud, the person who hit me paid out of their pocket. Id rather have repainted hood than a colormatched section is all im saying.
That sure looks like an admission to me.

Screw the guy instead of the insurance company. That's how you define justifyable? Wow.

Last edited by blue2000s; 11-29-2006 at 09:37 AM.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:31 AM   #28
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster
Are you sure its not cause your drivin record and that your not a single white female with 2 kids ages 4 thur 8 driving a 87 Chevy Corsica... She gets the $25 a month rates... not the Porsche owners.
Don't kid yourself, everyone pays more than they should because of crap like that.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:04 AM   #29

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2000s
Don't kid yourself, everyone pays more than they should because of crap like that.
you shouldnt kid yourself, most the time its the body shops that create damage on the vehicles to get more money from the insurace companies.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:16 AM   #30

the auto body industry is inherently shady.
THe first question they ask you when you contact them is
"is this insurance or are you paying?"

?????????!!!!!!

Then ontop of that overbilling, which raises everyones insurance,
people file fraudulent claims. This is one of the many reasons why New Jersey has
the highest rates in the country and most insurance companies won't do business here, even with threshold limits on personal injury claims.

15 years of driving and not one insurance claim. (knock on wood)
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:27 PM   #31
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster
you shouldnt kid yourself, most the time its the body shops that create damage on the vehicles to get more money from the insurace companies.
My point exactly.