Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2006, 02:06 PM   #1

Let me tell you what happened today....

So a few days or so ago my wife buys me a roll away tool chest for Christmas it has the large base and a top box. Yesterday shes looking at the ads and if you buy the two boxes she bought you can get a 7 drawer middle box for free. Off to the store we go to claim our free box. After talking to the girl at the counter we go to customer pick up area. They take our receipt and come out with an entire roll away tool chest ALL THREE BOXES. I had to argue with the two guys to take two of them back. There was a random guy standing next to me saying "Merry Christmas" " I'll give ya 100 bucks for it right now" So yeah it would be nice to have two brand new tool chests for the price of one but I just cant steal, never could. I then go to the manager and tell her the story. Its like everyone I talked to expected me to take the boxes and not say anything, WTF. Anyway, I guess that what seperates you from a criminal when situtations like this present themselves.

Old 11-24-2006, 02:12 PM   #2

Hi,

Kudos to you! True Character isn't just doing the right thing, it's doing the right thing when you could get away with something, no one being the wiser, but still doing the right thing.

Unfortunately, there are too many people who wouldn't, or worse, feel you're a fool for doing so.

But, I have found in Life, you truly do get what you reap. The people I know with the best jobs, friends, wives, etc. would have done exactly what you did. Again, my compliments...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 02:20 PM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Well done, Ohioboxter. I would have done the same thing. Most people would probably have taken the tool chest and put it on eBay or kept it, but you did the right thing.

On the sportbike board I belong to something similar happened to one of my friends. He ordered some tires and was sent 2 pairs instead of just one. He posted up asking what he should do. We all told him to do the right thing, which is what he would have done anyway.

It's heartwarming to see that there are good people in the world, and that maybe all the idiots and evil people on the news are the tiny minority out there.

It's not about the summit, it's about the climb.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q46/chills1138/2.jpg
Chills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 02:27 PM   #4

Good job Ohio. You have true integrity and character.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 02:29 PM   #5
bmussatti

Good job, Ohio, great way to start the Holiday season!
Old 11-24-2006, 06:34 PM   #6

-------------------------------------------
I hate to sound newageish but it always comes back around, doesnt it. A few weeks ago I handed a cashier a 10 dollar bill. He got confused by all the customers and asked me if I gave him a 20. I told him it was a ten. He sighed a big relief then thanked me. He told me "thanks for being honest." I didn''t even think about until he complimented me. It made my day.
jeffsquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 04:46 AM   #7

It says something about this world of ours that his is even viewed as something noble or extraordinary rather than normal. "Do onto others what you'd want done onto you." I wouldn't even stop to think if a guy walking in front of me dropped a $100 bill on the pavement. Of course, I'd pick it up and give it back to him. Some poor guy at the store (making minimum wage) would probably have got into trouble for making an error. Would I want that on my conscience? If I was that guy, would I prefer that a human being on the other side warned me about it?
Ohio, of course, good job!

Z.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:09 AM   #8

Great job Ohio!! let's quit watching and reading the negative news and just read your posts!!
04 Honda Element
07 Nissan Murano
rodsnhawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 12:33 PM   #9

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioboxster
So a few days or so ago my wife buys me a roll away tool chest for Christmas it has the large base and a top box. Yesterday shes looking at the ads and if you buy the two boxes she bought you can get a 7 drawer middle box for free. Off to the store we go to claim our free box. After talking to the girl at the counter we go to customer pick up area. They take our receipt and come out with an entire roll away tool chest ALL THREE BOXES. I had to argue with the two guys to take two of them back. There was a random guy standing next to me saying "Merry Christmas" " I'll give ya 100 bucks for it right now" So yeah it would be nice to have two brand new tool chests for the price of one but I just cant steal, never could. I then go to the manager and tell her the story. Its like everyone I talked to expected me to take the boxes and not say anything, WTF. Anyway, I guess that what seperates you from a criminal when situtations like this present themselves.
Im liking your new Icon! Your boxster is looking really glossy! 10/10!

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 02:58 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
nice job man, not a lot of people would have done that. cudos to you brother
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:16 AM   #11

nice

Good job.

It will return to you...
BobMarley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:36 AM   #12
KronixSpeed

okay i agree what comes around goes around butttttttt.

it depends...i like to call it jusified stealing....so the line up in the 7 / 11 is rammed and the cashier is having a friendly conversation with the guy paying for over 5 mins......i walk out with my ****************.

i walk into the gas station and it's mad raukus because the visa machine is down, the interact machine is down. the gas station accross the street is down, and the cashier goes $5, i say what, it's actually $60. only because i could see that it wasn't his fault, and so confused. if it was his fault i would of paid him $5.

(this one only cause i was young at the time, never ever would i do it 10 years later) walk into a shop to inquire about a set of rims, and i'm sitting in the front of the store for over 20mins waiting. dumb ass people could of got robbed, well they did. i just walked out with the rims that i wanted. one on each shoulder, took two trips, threw them in the van.

justified stealing, look it up! or better yet i'll define it for you! i really am an honest person i swear, i just hate dumb people....what goes around comes around both ways ya hear.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:44 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KronixSpeed

it depends...i like to call it jusified stealing....so the line up in the 7 / 11 is rammed and the cashier is having a friendly conversation with the guy paying for over 5 mins......i walk out with my ****************.

i walk into the gas station and it's mad raukus because the visa machine is down, the interact machine is down. the gas station accross the street is down, and the cashier goes $5, i say what, it's actually $60. only because i could see that it wasn't his fault, and so confused. if it was his fault i would of paid him $5.

(this one only cause i was young at the time, never ever would i do it 10 years later) walk into a shop to inquire about a set of rims, and i'm sitting in the front of the store for over 20mins waiting. dumb ass people could of got robbed, well they did. i just walked out with the rims that i wanted. one on each shoulder, took two trips, threw them in the van.

justified stealing, look it up! or better yet i'll define it for you! i really am an honest person i swear, i just hate dumb people....what goes around comes around both ways ya hear.

How can you no see yourself as a thief? Justified stealing? People like you are the reason we need those things called keys.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:51 AM   #14

well depends. If it were Walmart who I have a personal grudge against I would have taken the drawers just so they would not be able to sell more product.
Were those tool chests made in the Nuclear Secrets-Selling-to-the-North Korean/Iranian Communist Republic of China? Everything made in China at the cost of U.S. manufacturing jobs should be FREEE, because its costing us BIG TIME.

its becoming harder and harder not to buy stuff from China. I check every product I buy Over the counter. I bought a pair of $130 New Balance sneakers for an "incredible" price of $35 the other day (must have been overstock) and sure enough the label says Made in Nuclear Selling Secrets to the Iranians China.
Can you say mark up?

^
You stole a set of wheels? Wow That's larceny on a big scale.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 11-28-2006 at 10:55 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:54 AM   #15

Quote:

Justified Stealing? No, that's just plain old friggin' stealing. Don't try to make yourself feel better by trying to blame it on someone else's stupidity. We're certainly not buying it. Walking out of a place and taking your business elsewhere because they didn't attend to you fast enough is justified. Stealing their merchandise is not. Period.
...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:57 AM   #16

Well he robbed someone of $1000 but what about the fact that people are robbing our country of manufacturing jobs EVERY DAY to the Red Enemy and we are accomplices???
Where is the condemnation for selling out our country to the Axis of Evil??
Ok perfectlap has to take his patriot medecine...breathe in...breath out....breath in...
Old 11-28-2006, 11:06 AM   #17

Quote:

Interesting concept. So stealing or CRIME is justified if it's commited against a person perceived to be dumb, helpless, greedy, or in some other unenviable position. Darn, there was never anything wrong with just shooting people dumb enough not to carry a gun themselves. Hey, and it's also OK for someone to just pull you out of your car, kick the crap out of you, and drive off simply because you were dumb enough not to take karate lessons.

I hope this was a joke.

Z.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:24 AM   #18

Hi,

Justified Stealing...??? No such thing - Stealing is STEALING Period.

If you cannot see that, then your judgement is so impaired and your trustworthiness so lacking that you shouldn't even be allowed to operate a Motor Vehicle, where drivers must trust that others will observe the rules of the road and not break them whenever they think they are justified in doing so!

I agree that China is a problem, but if you don't like that or Walmart, stop buying their goods, simple as that. Return the New Balance Shoes! Boycott the whole thing. But, stealing from them isn't about their wrongdoing, it's about yours...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:32 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
Well he robbed someone of $1000 but what about the fact that people are robbing our country of manufacturing jobs EVERY DAY to the Red Enemy and we are accomplices???
Where is the condemnation for selling out our country to the Axis of Evil??
Ok perfectlap has to take his patriot medecine...breathe in...breath out....breath in...
SPQR
Senatus Populusque BoxsterRomanus
jeffsquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:48 AM   #20

Sorry the more I read Lou Dobbs the more I become a closet anti-China extremist.
I was just reading up on how the Iranians have been getting most of their nuclear know how from the cash strapped nearly bankrupt North Koreans and the steam rolling economy of China. The Iranians who are state sponsors of terror (no debate there) with the Bomb? I mean are you kidding me??? We boycott Cuba while at the same time we buy Made in China like there is no tommorow.

p.s.
Not only do I not shop at Walmart, I go there with a bull horn and yell at anyone I see getting into an expensive car with their Made in China goods. Obviously those people can afford to buy from us or our allies and not the ENEMY!!
just kidding I can't fit a Bullhorn in the Boxster for now,
but all jokes aside we will look back on this past decade and realize what we did to ourselves and blame the U.S. Gov't.
Too late to return the shoes I wore them(my fourth pair, should have checked sooner!!). But New Balance are officialy on PerfectLap's **************** list of traitors for profit. I encourage all who can afford to do so to make a similar list. This cause needs to gain a foothold in the mainstream like the sweatshop issue, and the rainforest and global warming and....

Last edited by Perfectlap; 11-28-2006 at 11:52 AM.