Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2017, 08:13 AM   #1
Certified Boxster Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 7,502
Christmas...

"It has to be a cat back muffler! Or maybe a new seat! No, no, it has to be a new set of tires! New suspension parts ..."



__________________
1999 996 C2 - sold - bought back - sold for more
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:33 AM   #2
1998 Boxster Silver/Red
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: 92262
Posts: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
"It has to be a cat back muffler! Or maybe a new seat! No, no, it has to be a new set of tires! New suspension parts ..."

... or the new AOS design with external oil capture canister. Nice.
__________________
1998 Porsche Boxster
1986 BMW 325es
2012 Ford Edge Sport

"Ignore the guilt, and take your turn"
Starter986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:36 AM   #3
Registered User
 
steved0x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 3,900
It's a new type of jack that can lift the whole car and put it on the square stand with one lift.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 12:35 PM   #4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 61
Christmas

I'm guessing a PRS strat copy and a Vox or Mesa Boogie practice amp.
Twin headlight Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 03:33 PM   #5
Registered User
 
A8ked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Seattle area
Posts: 101
Garage
It must be soxs, it's always soxs...
__________________
1998 Boxster
1991 Carrera 4
2003 Audi S8
MB 300SL
A8ked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 04:05 PM   #6
Registered User
 
jsceash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,405
Garage
I think it one of those low profile oil drain pan and a case of oil.
__________________
2003 Black 986. modified for Advanced level HPDE and open track days.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 05:23 PM   #7
Registered User
 
steved0x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: FL
Posts: 3,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsceash View Post
I think it one of those low profile oil drain pan and a case of oil.
With a long handle so you can slide it under the car more easy
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 06:27 PM   #8
Registered User
 
eicheldp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 295
Garage
I thought it was a new eRacing setup.
__________________
2004 Boxster S
eicheldp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 06:30 PM   #9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsceash View Post
I think it one of those low profile oil drain pan and a case of oil.
Your sig: 2003 Boxster 3.6 LN Nickies Black
NHP exhaust, 987 Intake, IPD Plenum, 74 MM Throtle body, L&N Pan Extension, L&N IMS, RSS Underdrive pulley, Recaro Pole Position seats, Accusump, Remote filter, Softronics Flashed ECU, GSR electric power steering pump Kit. GT3 control arm, KSport coil overs

Holy crap, dude, I though I was going nuts this Xmas buying my 01 a used 2.7, an under drive pulley, a spin on oil filter kit, and a cheezie aftermarket exhaust. I need a brother or a daddy with deep pockets.

Just one question does all that swag make any difference?
__________________
2001 Boxster
2007 Toyota Highlander
Brian in Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 06:32 PM   #10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
With a long handle so you can slide it under the car more easy
A housekeeper with benefits (she works on Porsches) would be nice--the ultimate accessory.
__________________
2001 Boxster
2007 Toyota Highlander
Brian in Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 04:07 PM   #11
Registered User
 
jsceash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,405
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in Tucson View Post
Your sig: 2003 Boxster 3.6 LN Nickies Black
NHP exhaust, 987 Intake, IPD Plenum, 74 MM Throtle body, L&N Pan Extension, L&N IMS, RSS Underdrive pulley, Recaro Pole Position seats, Accusump, Remote filter, Softronics Flashed ECU, GSR electric power steering pump Kit. GT3 control arm, KSport coil overs

Holy crap, dude, I though I was going nuts this Xmas buying my 01 a used 2.7, an under drive pulley, a spin on oil filter kit, and a cheezie aftermarket exhaust. I need a brother or a daddy with deep pockets.

Just one question does all that swag make any difference?
I've been tracking my car for nearly 8 years. Each year I've added some big improvement in the off season. The look on the driver of a 996 GT3 as you go past them is worth every cent. Even better driving past a Boss 302 or C4 or C5 vette priceless.
__________________
2003 Black 986. modified for Advanced level HPDE and open track days.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 05:07 AM   #12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: NH
Posts: 22
let it snow, let it snow, let it .... oh crap. when is spring?
zoomster1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 09:29 AM   #13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sanford NC
Posts: 2,338
When I moved down south, I said the best thing was getting rid of the snow-blower.

But the truth is I enjoyed using it and after I had gone out at dawn and done my two driveways and my walk and knocked the snow off the car cover covering my hibernating Boxster, I started in on the public street. The only reason the big street would ever get a government plow was a political big shot lived just up the street. But my little cul-de-sac sac was mine. Wonder what the neighbors did the first snow after I left?
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 05:23 PM   #14
Track rat
 
Topless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cucamonga CA
Posts: 3,658
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsceash View Post
I've been tracking my car for nearly 8 years. Each year I've added some big improvement in the off season. The look on the driver of a 996 GT3 as you go past them is worth every cent. Even better driving past a Boss 302 or C4 or C5 vette priceless.
You mean like this? The black car is a 450hp 997 GT3 on track rubber, the two tricked-out Carreras are fully prepared 2400lb, 3.2L race cars, and me in my lil nearly stock 2.9L street car on street tires.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1N7X3eyFEI
__________________
2009 Cayman 2.9L PDK (with a few tweaks)
PCA-GPX Chief Driving Instructor
Topless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 05:51 PM   #15
Registered User
 
jsceash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,405
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless View Post
You mean like this? The black car is a 450hp 997 GT3 on track rubber, the two tricked-out Carreras are fully prepared 2400lb, 3.2L race cars, and me in my lil nearly stock 2.9L street car on street tires.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1N7X3eyFEI
Very nice move out brake them into the corner!

__________________
2003 Black 986. modified for Advanced level HPDE and open track days.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page