Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2016, 02:13 PM   #41
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc2050 View Post
This is not true. 2000 was the transition year: early model year 2000's had the dual row, later 2000's had the single row. My 2000 S had a dual row bearing. I've even heard of 2001's that had the dual row.
Yes, we all know that, but it's a complete crapshoot. The only way to tell is to pull the tranny and look at the flange. Even then, it's not always easy to figure out and you have maybe a 50/50 shot.

So, let me rephrase: "every 'S' model has a single row IMSB unless you're willing to pull the tranny and prove me otherwise (with pics)".
Of course, Shrödinger would say that until you look, you have both a dual row, a single row and no IMSB all at the same time.

Last edited by particlewave; 08-17-2016 at 02:20 PM.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:07 PM   #42
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
Yes, we all know that, but it's a complete crapshoot. The only way to tell is to pull the tranny and look at the flange. Even then, it's not always easy to figure out and you have maybe a 50/50 shot.

So, let me rephrase: "every 'S' model has a single row IMSB unless you're willing to pull the tranny and prove me otherwise (with pics)".
Of course, Shrödinger would say that until you look, you have both a dual row, a single row and no IMSB all at the same time.
Shrödinger . . . Isn't he the engineer who developed the IMS? My mistake, he is the one who developed the Cat Back exhaust system. Sorry I couldn't resist.

paulofto is offline   Reply With Quote