Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2016, 01:13 PM   #41

Info on Brackets?

Can you provide any further info on brackets to lower the seat mounting? I've searched but haven't been able to find anything. I'm interested in brackets for standard seats - manual fore, aft and height and power seatback angle. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefocke View Post
There are mods that can be done for longer legged drivers.

Console delete kit. Allows right leg to splay more to the side.

Brackets to lower the seat mounting.

More than height, the inseam of your pants as a proxy for leg length may be relevant to the discussion. (I have 2 kids aprox the same height and their inseams are 4 inches different.)

PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 02:18 PM   #42

I'm interested in the lowering brackets as well... I'm 5' 10", but my torso is long, so I have to lean the seat way back to fit.
ianacole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:23 AM   #43

I'm 6'3.50 and fit fine. The only problem is seening traffic light when I'm first up. With top down I just look over. The seats were set up for racing and less for touring-go figure.
fanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:58 AM   #44

Well I did some searching and found this thread discussing the use of these Brey-Krause brackets. But it sounds as if these brackets are only for GT3 race seats, not stock seats. I've sent an email to Brey-Krause to confirm that, I'll let you know what they say.

In my googling I also came across these extenders claiming to add 3 to 6 inches of leg room on the driver's side in a 986 or 996. Perhaps they would add that kind of legroom in a 996, but I don't see it in my 986, maybe an inch if they work. But then the seatback is also going to be very upright and really pressed against the rear bulkhead.

Well for me, it's not a necessity. I've lived with the car as it is for 13 years. If there is something easy to bolt right in and retain my seat slider, that would add even a half inch of extra headroom for $189, I'd certainly buy it.
Old 10-31-2016, 10:05 AM   #45

Just to follow up, I got an email back from Ian at Brey-Krause, their brackets are only for the GT3 race seats, they don't make lowering brackets for standard seats and they didn't think it would be possible to keep slider tracks and lower the stock seats as they are already very close to the floor.
Old 11-05-2016, 08:16 AM   #46

See my reply to this thread earlier today. 6'4 250lbs - Boxster as a daily driver?