Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2015, 11:16 AM   #41

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2002s View Post
Ok calm down Donald.
Lobbyist look out for special interest, Government is suppose to look out for the good of all citizens. I know, I know, Special interest and the Government go home to bed each night.
I'll bet if you had $5-$10 per gallon gas, The consumer $$$ would chose a 4 cyl turbo getting 40mpg over the v8 getting 18mpg

Then again, freedom and liberty might chose the V8 because it's got 500 hp and it sounds great

There are enough environmentally conscious people in the world and people trying to save money at the pump to tell companies they want electric cars.

You just shouldn't force things on people or companies, when you leave it to run its course it tends to turn out a lot better.

Besides at least if the world does go to crap then we can blame ourselves rather then others.

As for Donald he's a protectionist which is no better then an environmentalist.

The government exists to police and collect taxes, everything else is best left deregulated and to the private sector, trust the consumer to bankrupt a dirty companies rather then the government.

BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 11:38 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post
There are enough environmentally conscious people in the world and people trying to save money at the pump to tell companies they want electric cars.

You just shouldn't force things on people or companies, when you leave it to run its course it tends to turn out a lot better.

Besides at least if the world does go to crap then we can blame ourselves rather then others.

As for Donald he's a protectionist which is no better then an environmentalist.

The government exists to police and collect taxes, everything else is best left deregulated and to the private sector, trust the consumer to bankrupt a dirty companies rather then the government.
Be glad you live in America. It's still alot better then almost all other countries.

A 2.0 with 295 hp sounds good to me as long as they keep the weight low. It much better then the 250 hp that a 986S has. Then new "base" Boxster doesn't sound so base to me.

The 2.5 S with 355 hp is the same power level that the 2005 Carrera S has plus it will have more torque and better gas mileage. I like my flat 6 but either new Boxster wouldn't make me suffer.
89 944 S2
78 911SC

Last edited by Porsche9; 12-17-2015 at 11:42 AM.
Porsche9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:35 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post

This sounds true in theory, but the reality is that you can leave things to the government who will do it inefficiently or you can leave it to the private sector who take you to the cleaners, because they effectively own the government. Politicians are now bought and sold to the highest bidder ("corporations are people too now my friend"), these guys moving for higher office can't afford to leave the corporate money on the table (or else their opponent will grab it quick) so they help push either regulation or deregulation that suits their special interest and hurts their smaller competitors. In the end your left with a handful of companies running each industry and the consumer is paying more and more to receive less and less. Or pay the government to do it at a loss in a way that makes no one happy. Pick your poison. In the end it's all about who can write the check to grease the wheels of crony capitalism.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 11:48 AM   #44

I don't like the idea of small cc 4 cylinder turbo. Long life would be difficult to obtain at an affordable price. I hope they still offer a large displacement flat six as an option.
Old 12-20-2015, 12:18 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho Red Rocket 3 View Post
I don't like the idea of small cc 4 cylinder turbo. Long life would be difficult to obtain at an affordable price. I hope they still offer a large displacement flat six as an option.
It's going to be called GT4.

89 944 S2
78 911SC
Porsche9 is offline   Reply With Quote