Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2016, 08:15 AM   #81

Got the top speed test pipes installed! Exactly what I was after. Sounds great when you're on the throttle but stock volume otherwise. A subtle, but noticeable improvement overall. I wouldn't say it would be worth it at the price fabspeed charges for these pipes, but for what the top speed pipes costed it's a great value. A word of advice, the bolts included in the kit are garbage. All of them accepted 14mm nuts but 2 of the 6 didn't have 14mm heads. I ended up putting the stock bolts back into the welded top nut on the header flange and I plan to change out the rest of the top speed bolts at some point. I also had to cut about a 1/4-1/3" off the adapter piece on the passenger side to make it fit. Drivers side fit perfect, however. I'll try to take a vid if anyone else is considering this setup.

boxxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 08:29 AM   #82
still plays with cars...

Garage
Hey boxx,
Post up a vid of how the car sounds now. I've done the Crios mod and it sounds great for how simple of a mod it is, but I'm still wanting a bit more volume while on the throttle.
I originally had a two can Brullen muffler on my car when I bought it. I liked the volume it gave, but it had brain rattling resonance between 2500 and 3500 rpm and it was brutal with the roof up!
Arctic Silver on Metropol Blue | LN Dual Row IMSR | Arctic Silver console, spoiler frame & bumperettes | Crios mod | Technobrace | RoboTop module & modified convertible top relay for one-touch roof operation
BoxsterSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 07:33 AM   #83

Here's a quick little vid. Like I said, the sound change wasn't enormous. If the top and windows are up there's virtually no perceptible change in volume. With the top down you'll notice a nice growl under load though. Couldn't embed the vid as I'm on mobile.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6BDSL28XgZI

boxxster is offline   Reply With Quote