Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by More View Post
I had the worse day imaginable

I've only had my 986 for two days and an Asian driver had to go and crash into me as I was minding my own business and driving peacefully in my lane.

He tried to enter my lane at about 50/km and didn't see me (blind spot he sais) he took out my right rear view mirror scratched my right door and put a nice dent on my right panel and dented the rim on my wheel.

I have to take it to a local repair shop here in Sydney I prey to god they do a good job I am absolutely gutted.

Thats so sad. getting anew toy and having some other dope bust it.

I suppose there's something to be said for driving so fast its like everyone else is standing still. But you need cat like lightning fast reflexes and have a high SA to avoid the non-autobahn mentality drivers (Stay to the right or die!).

Sounds like mostly a light hit so at least there not likely to be serious frame twisting and alignment issues.

But like the others said I would insist the alignment be checked anyway and even the slightest issue be corrected on his insurances dime.

Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #122
still plays with cars...

Garage
A sad day...

I put mine away for the winter. Sad few months ahead. At least it's hibernating at my home in the garage so i can go visit often.
The weather's gotten really cool, and since I started the driving season early, (remember what March was like), I figured it would have to happen relatively soon.
At least I got out with it on Tuesday; drove it like I stole it, topped up the tank and had an e-test done. Ready to go for the spring!
Still neeeds a good washing and the cover put over.
Wished I lived in CA or FL!
Winter in Ontario sucks.
Arctic Silver on Metropol Blue | LN Dual Row IMSR | Arctic Silver console, spoiler frame & bumperettes | Crios mod | Technobrace | RoboTop module & modified convertible top relay for one-touch roof operation
BoxsterSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #123

Drove up to the Owls Head Transportation Museum with the local Porsche Club. Saw some cool antique cars and airplanes on the rocky coast o'Maine. Had lunch and drove back home, top down in leaf season. Pretty dang nice.
dmairspotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #124

Garage
Wheels Balanced

I had a vibration in the steering wheel (at various speeds) that was driving me crazy, so I took the Jägermobile to a tire shop and had the front wheels balanced. It was the best $36 I’ve spent in a long time... No more vibration in the steering wheel and I am rolling smoothly down the road again!!

300K Mile Club
Jager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:09 PM   #125
Certified Boxster Addict

I also had the tires balanced and had the tranmission fluid changed as part of fixing the small leak that was coming from the shift arm where the shifter cables connect.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:51 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterSteve View Post
I put mine away for the winter. Sad few months ahead. At least it's hibernating at my home in the garage so i can go visit often.
The weather's gotten really cool, and since I started the driving season early, (remember what March was like), I figured it would have to happen relatively soon.
At least I got out with it on Tuesday; drove it like I stole it, topped up the tank and had an e-test done. Ready to go for the spring!
Still neeeds a good washing and the cover put over.
Wished I lived in CA or FL!
Winter in Ontario sucks.
Haaa, former Torontonian here, traded Ontario winters for California.

I'll think of you in February when I'm washing my car in my shorts and taking the honey for a top down cruise.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:08 AM   #127

Garage
Northern Ohio

We took Friday off and drove from Cleveland to Port Clinton and Sandusky on route 6 along Lake Erie (150 mi round trip). It is nice leisurely drive with several garage sales along the way. We stopped at the Merry-Go-Round Museum and the Tin Goose Diner. The weather was rainy but the car looked pretty cool all dirty and splattered - like it's actually being used.
rem503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #128

It sat outside all day.
bar10dah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #129
E3E

Changed my air filter... First time I've scene my engine since I bought the car. Man it needs a good cleaning! Next weekend going to change the oil/filter/clean the engine/ and clean the throttle body.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #130

Garage
Drove 850-900 miles up I-5 from Sunnyvale, CA (my Dad's place) to home in Washington state. The route was not too exciting except for some curves near Mt. Shasta, but the seats were good for 14 hours, and probably longer if I wanted to do it. This was a solo road trip ... with my wife along, we limit the distance to ~500 miles on interstates and ~350 miles on two lanes in a day.
grubinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #131

Got new rear tires and fixed a bent rear wheel. That finally fixed a nagging steering wheel vibration I have had since getting the car.

Drove it through Santiago Canyon and through Cook's Corner in Southern California. Absolutely wonderful. Saw 3 other boxsters pass by in the opposite direction. Must have been one of those weekends.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #132

Weather turned chilly Thursday night with high 30s/low 40s morning temps Friday and Saturday so my warm weather DD sat home, and I drove my 181K-mile '99 Acura CL 5-speed all over (glad I had the timing and serpentine belts changed Thursday).

I considering taking it to church this morning, but it had blotchy dust rings all over and doesn't deserve to be seen in public like that.

After watching the Packers mail in the second half for a loss and an hour pruning dead plants in the garden, I needed some cheer. A quick wash and wheel scrub in 50° temperature to made it once more presentable, but I needed to dry it quickly to avoid water spots, and I didn't feel like using the chamois.

Fortunately, I needed a switch plate for my kitchen. The 7-mile drive too 11 miles with four on the freeway to ensure maximum "blow dry".

It's nice and clean once again, but looking at the weather forecast, this may have been one of the last drives of the year. Now I'm looking for one moderately warm weekend before November to do the final prep for winter slumber.

Dbear
dbear61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:48 AM   #133

Another day of it just sitting outside, not being driven...
bar10dah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #134
Ex Esso kid

Installed, new vent, (easy with the factory directions) Photos not good, if anyone has a round vent issue I can easily talk them through removal, replacement if needed. Top still off but it is back to ski hat season unfortunately.
Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:30 AM   #135
2001 Arctic Silver 2.7

Garage
Replaced interior and trunk light bulbs to white LED replacements..
I had already replaced the license plate bulbs for LED. I like the white LED glow over the yellow bulb. Not to mention they draw less current..

I discovered the little black push button switch in the dome light that controls the LED's in the door handles and dome light. (It was set to off)

I had to look it up the user manual to find out what the little push button switch was for.. (Daytime)
 Orientation light
Learn something new...lol
Old 10-09-2012, 03:16 AM   #136

I spent the whole day cleaning mine she's looking nice and shiny now!

More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:48 AM   #137
Multi-Boxer Driver

Garage
A little late, but I had the wheels balanced all-around on Saturday. Today I drove the Box to work.
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Deserion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:01 AM   #138

Drove it home from work...oh, how I love cruising the autobahn.

mump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:31 PM   #139

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mump View Post

Can't top that! Game over.
BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:27 PM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by mump View Post

halten Sie beide Hände auf dem Rad

2000 Boxster S 3.2L
1990 Land Rover Defender 6x6
Bala is offline   Reply With Quote