View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #132
dbear61

Weather turned chilly Thursday night with high 30s/low 40s morning temps Friday and Saturday so my warm weather DD sat home, and I drove my 181K-mile '99 Acura CL 5-speed all over (glad I had the timing and serpentine belts changed Thursday).

I considering taking it to church this morning, but it had blotchy dust rings all over and doesn't deserve to be seen in public like that.

After watching the Packers mail in the second half for a loss and an hour pruning dead plants in the garden, I needed some cheer. A quick wash and wheel scrub in 50° temperature to made it once more presentable, but I needed to dry it quickly to avoid water spots, and I didn't feel like using the chamois.

Fortunately, I needed a switch plate for my kitchen. The 7-mile drive too 11 miles with four on the freeway to ensure maximum "blow dry".

It's nice and clean once again, but looking at the weather forecast, this may have been one of the last drives of the year. Now I'm looking for one moderately warm weekend before November to do the final prep for winter slumber.

Dbear
dbear61 is offline   Reply With Quote