Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 08:28 AM   #1

Garage
Anyone Enjoy Swearing ?

I've come to notice as of late, I really enjoy swearing whenever another motorist does something really stupid around me. I just love spouting off a barrage of four letter beauties whenever someone cuts me off or merges into my lane without looking ! In fact, I found that a steady alliteration of "F" words can burn off more stress than a set of deep knee bends . Does anyone else enjoy this ?

Old 05-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #2
Ex Esso kid

I was followed about three miles for not letting a fellow motorist into the merge after he flew down the outside lane at warp nine to pass everyone. The guy tried to veer at my car aggressively twice to scare me, what a dick! Next time it happens I'm driving right to the police center near my house where I know a few peeps, let's see what steroid lad wants to start there over an issue that he should be the apologetic one for attempting to pull. Now in the meantime Johnno why aren't the boys in engineering whipping you up one of these abortions?

Amphibious Sports Car – Project Sea Lion » Viral Viral Videos

Last edited by Ghostrider 310; 05-14-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:55 AM   #3

Garage
I absolutely loathe tailgaters. Had one a few months ago tailgate me on the freeway, then flip me off. I proceeded to tailgate him for a few miles getting VERY close to his rear bumper at 75 mph. Scared the crap outa' him! Oh, I left out one minor detail. I wasn't in my Boxster. (wouldn't have done that in it) I was in my girlfriend's F250 crew cab. The tailgater..... was in a Civic. Fool.....
SeanZ4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:09 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanZ4 View Post
I absolutely loathe tailgaters. Had one a few months ago tailgate me on the freeway, then flip me off. I proceeded to tailgate him for a few miles getting VERY close to his rear bumper at 75 mph. Scared the crap outa' him! Oh, I left out one minor detail. I wasn't in my Boxster. (wouldn't have done that in it) I was in my girlfriend's F250 crew cab. The tailgater..... was in a Civic. Fool.....
shorter story - "I hate tailgaters, that's why I tailgated this guy!"
md10835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger View Post
I've come to notice as of late, I really enjoy swearing .....
Swearing.
You're a yankee, ain't ya?
It's cussin' son.

At least that's what they say when you cross the Mason Dixon line.
When I lived in CT, it was swearing, down here in TX, we cuss.
DFW02S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:26 AM   #6
Ex Esso kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by md10835 View Post
shorter story - "I hate tailgaters, that's why I tailgated this guy!"

Some subscribe to the theory those who do it do not like it done to them. I don't see it that way. You can't start up with ignorant people or they pull you down in their vacuum of ignorance and once there beat you with the experience of dwelling in said lair for most of their lives.
Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:38 AM   #7

Garage
"He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."
2003S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:56 AM   #8

Another poor soul doomed to watch that movie, every year, year after year, until you know the $%#&^@ script by heart. I feel your pain.

But to the original topic, I don't cuss much in traffic, but if I hit my thumb with a hammer or bang my head on something then I don't hold back at all - the resulting barrage is worthy of Ralphie's dad.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:30 AM   #9

... In fact, I found that a steady alliteration of "F" words can burn off more stress than a set of deep knee bends . Does anyone else enjoy this ?[/QUOTE]......

I do it all the time. I also tend to throw things when working on something and it goes wrong. It makes me feel good.. A basic character flaw cross eyed bear.

PS, I am especially fond of "Mother F****r" shouted as loud as possible especially if blood is drawn!

AKL
'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:45 AM   #10
Certified Boxster Addict

[QUOTE=Johnny Danger;290230In fact, I found that a steady alliteration of "F" words can burn off more stress than a set of deep knee bends . Does anyone else enjoy this ?[/QUOTE]

I almost never swear - except when I'm driving and mostly in reponse to the crazy-ass stuff that other drivers do. Am I perfect? Certainly not but I generally keep the car in the proper lane, use my turn signals, and don't talk on the phone.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #11

I'm 23 now, and I still have never cursed in my life. I just can't do it.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:05 AM   #12

Garage
md10835 and Ghostrider310......

Yeah....you're right. I guess I'm just a knuckle-dragger.

sean
SeanZ4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:22 AM   #13

Cusing Brings People Together (curb your enthusiasm) - YouTube

01 986 Boxster S. Arctic Silver. 6 speed manual. IMSR/RMS.
jdiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #14

Angry speech increases anger leading to angry actions. A bad idea in traffic.

A hurt thumb is pain, but out of macho we express anger.

Rapid motion through space elates one; so does notoriety; so does the possession of money.
pierre shags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:21 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003S View Post
"He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."
A Classic Holiday Film !

01 986 Boxster S. Arctic Silver. 6 speed manual. IMSR/RMS.
jdiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:21 PM   #16

I just shake my head at idiots and am thankful nothing bad happened (to me). If anything I turn up the Italian Opera on the stereo and try to increase calmness. For me, cursing and getting upset just makes ME feel worse; I prefer feeling superior.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:50 PM   #17

Garage
Does anyone have any good swears ? I'm running out of ones of my own !
Old 05-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #18

Several months ago, I noticed a left lane guy driving a 15+ year old Benz convertible tailgating a car in front of him with less than 1 car length separation between them. As traffic slowed and I passed on the right, he abruptly changed lanes to tailgate me. I slowed and he jumped back into the left lane and continued to weave in and out of traffic as I left him go ahead of me. About a mile later, traffic slowed to a crawl due to an accident. The tailgater had plowed into the back of a minivan. And I can tell you it brought a simile to my facing knowing the damage to the Benz far exceeded the car's value. Poetic justice no doubt about it.
thom4782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:07 PM   #19

Quote:
Got a good one johnny. Just add "you degenerate #%*+^%# (whatever ur usual slurs) and swearing has a whole new meaning.

Try it...it's fun!
06 Maserati Quattroporte (Family hauler)
08 Corvette Z06 (Track car)
986_c6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #20

Quote:
In my advancing years I've found nothing, NOTHING, more enjoyable than stitching together long strings of random curses, with the occasional rejoinder like 'head', 'knocker' or 'galloping" peppered in for flavor.

Every once in a while the Random Curse Generator Function goes haywire and I wind up spitting out the same words two or three times in a row (e.g. "CHOKE ON TURKEY S***, YOU GALLOPING F*** F***!!!"). Which is about when my wife gives me that look... the one meant to remind me how much better she could have done in life...

I rarely do this little proverbial dance out of anger, I think it's more to amuse myself; to meet the challenge of coming up with something completely unique, refreshing, and new, yet deeply offensive. Sort of like the old comedians' joke, The Aristocrats.

You did ask.

RobbieKnobbie is offline   Reply With Quote