Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 09:19 AM   #21

Thanks for all the informations. Thanks again.

spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:28 AM   #22

If someone would post a photo showing what engine access looks like with the GAHH top, that would be much appreciated [by me, but maybe not by GAHH, one of this site's advertisers].
Gougoushu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:17 PM   #23
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudsurfer
I have a GAHH top, and while I love the look of it and the fact that the vinyl window is gone, it really does make engine access a PITA. The other thing that annoys me, is that with the factory top, the top latch can be left open when putting the top down, but with the GAHH top, it should be closed before the top stows, adding a (albeit minor) extra step.

Cloudsurfer,

I agree with you, engine access is definitely not as good. But I don't spend that much time working on the top of the engine for it to be a deal breaker. I would buy another GAHH top in a minute. I do think it is great that guys are now installing 2003 & 2004 OE glass-window tops on older cars.

Also, I never close the top latch when lowering my top. Why do you say it should be closed?

Thanks,

ddb
ddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:38 PM   #24
Bob Hindson Racing

While the top will close fine with latch open on a GAHH top, it's not a bad idea to close the latch to minimize pressure on the glass, which is conveniently located at the center of the glass.