Thread: Gahh top
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 01:19 PM   #2
d18mike

Just got one put on Wednesday. My 2002 plastic window was shot. To say that I am happy with it is an understatement.

* Black fades, even subtly over time,. Nice to get a deep/dark black on top again.
* Glass window: Smaller but boy what an improvement from the cloudy, cracking plastic. You will notice the -25% reduction in size but for me it is offset by the clarity.
* My wife (who isn't a car fan at all) thinks it gives the car a far better profile than the original. The smaller window makes it look just a little bit more "aggressive' -- certainly not overly so, but just a little more sporty. I have an Arctic Silver car and it looks exactly like the GAHH ad to the left.
* Fit is drum tight
* The shop where I got it done here in MI (which has been in business since the 1930s) was genuinely impressed with the quality of the top and fabric. They made a point of telling me so which made me feel good about the choice.

Be great to get others to chime in. I am still in the honeymoon period and as I was told to not put the top down (to stretch the canvas) for 10 days or so, my experience is limited to pure aesthetics. My car is otherwise pure OEM -- so it was a big decision for me to go for the non-OEM top. But I'm delighted I did. And I'll pocket the $2500-plus savings.

I too would like to hear from others who have had the top for several years. How does it age?
d18mike is offline   Reply With Quote