Thread: Gahh top
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 01:31 PM   #3
mptoledo

If you don't mind what did it cost you and how much to put it on? I am pretty familiar with MI(from living in toledo) what city did you have it installed in? Sorry for the questions, but that is my big spring project for my 2001 Box. It looks great with the top down, but as you know, kind of embarrassed to drive it with the top up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d18mike
Just got one put on Wednesday. My 2002 plastic window was shot. To say that I am happy with it is an understatement.

* Black fades, even subtly over time,. Nice to get a deep/dark black on top again.
* Glass window: Smaller but boy what an improvement from the cloudy, cracking plastic. You will notice the -25% reduction in size but for me it is offset by the clarity.
* My wife (who isn't a car fan at all) thinks it gives the car a far better profile than the original. The smaller window makes it look just a little bit more "aggressive' -- certainly not overly so, but just a little more sporty. I have an Arctic Silver car and it looks exactly like the GAHH ad to the left.
* Fit is drum tight
* The shop where I got it done here in MI (which has been in business since the 1930s) was genuinely impressed with the quality of the top and fabric. They made a point of telling me so which made me feel good about the choice.

Be great to get others to chime in. I am still in the honeymoon period and as I was told to not put the top down (to stretch the canvas) for 10 days or so, my experience is limited to pure aesthetics. My car is otherwise pure OEM -- so it was a big decision for me to go for the non-OEM top. But I'm delighted I did. And I'll pocket the $2500-plus savings.

I too would like to hear from others who have had the top for several years. How does it age?

SO, GROW A PAIR NANCY AND DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...Main/MyBox.jpg
mptoledo is offline   Reply With Quote