Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2007, 07:30 PM   #1

Idiots Hate Porsches

So I'm heading home from Fenway Park after another Red Sox loss.

I'm nearing my exit and passing cars right and left at a good pace...... not too excessive. As I overtake some little Hyundai or Civic it moves over in front of me and blocks my lane. Ok... they made an innocent mistake so I move into the other lane and go to pass. The little ******************** moves over and blocks me.... WTF? I try the other lane and again the manuever is repeated. Damn. The Sox got swept by the Yankees. The Orioles beat them up tonight and now some idiot thinks Porsches are fun to f**k with.

So I move quick and get between the idiot and the jersey barrior and accelerate. He tries to cut me off but thinks better and gives way. Unfortunately i am pissed off and I see his widely grinning face as I pass. He thinks it's a joke. So I move in front and slow down. Down down down. I try to get him to move to the shoulder with me so I can pound that young grinning face. I'm old school in that way.

Blue lights come on behind me. I pull over quickly but idiot must be coaxed over. Young professional trooper. He questions me. I admit I lost it and was trying to confront the idiot. He saw the whole thing. Lectures me on how I should have been the "bigger man" and let it go. But..... I think that he can somehow relate. He seems like a regular guy.

I await the damage. I get a verbal warning. I don't know nor care what the idiot got. But it wasn't enough.

This never happens when I'm in my truck or on my harley. But the porsche seems to trigger an aggression response in hormonally deficient idiots. But get them out of their car or truck and they're not so hot.

This is Poet reporting from the southbound lane of rte 128.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:38 PM   #2
boggtown

I can see accidentally cutting someone off and waving saying "my bad" and that should be the end of it. But thats uncalled for. Just always keep in your mind that some people go looking for trouble, and can back their ******************** up. My friend keeps a loaded glock with 2 full clips in his car... military people... what a wild bunch that is.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:33 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
i must admit that sometime i get ticked off like that, but i don't really slow down, i SLAM on my brakes how frustrated it get, that really get those people's attention (and sometime their anger up even more). after its all over i tell myself how stupid i am to get to that level with those idiots....it doesn't happen anymore as often, but i think that Porsche does provoke a lot of anger in peoples heads.

but yeah, sometimes people can back that ******************** up, my friend got in some road rage w some guy, and little did he know they hit heavy traffic, guy got out w a baseball bat (according to my friend he was almost 7 foot tall 300 lb guy) and broke every single window in his car, and dented his whole left side 1/4 panel, door, and front fender. kid was too scared and never got his license or anything....
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:36 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Damn dude thats nuts!

I'll add to the 'haters' theme

So the other day I was leaving the grocery store minding my own business. I came up to this STOP sign that's uphill. I coasted through it turning right at about 5mph or so. The car next to me honks,I thought oh well,it's uphill,we were the only 2 around and I'm in a hurry. Apparently he changed his course,cause when I saw him he was in the lane to take a left,he must have jumped into my lane. He pulls up next to me at a intersection a few blocks down and kept staring at me;

(after him staring at me for about 30 seconds)
bw- Can I help you?
guy - Fcuk you!
bw- Excuse me?
guy-Did you f*ckin stop back there?
bw- Nope,not completely.(I was angry now)
guy- You could have hit someone!
bw- o.k. old man,did you even look around? No one was there.
guy(looks forward) - *mutters more f-bombs*
bw- Look I'm 19,you an old guy you can at least look at me when your talking ****************.(I just stared him)

The light changes and he turns left and at the top of his lungs he yells, 'fcuk face!'

Oh man people are crazy.

I've seen people run straight through red lights and I've cared less,makes you really wonder how much someone could suck in order to follow you around.

Last edited by blinkwatt; 08-31-2007 at 10:27 PM.
blinkwatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:39 PM   #5

Envy drives people mad. It's like we can't enjoy our hard earned money or good luck without their permission!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkwatt
Damn dude thats nuts!

I'll add to the 'haters' theme

So the other day I was leaving the grocery store minding my own business. I came up to this STOP sign that's uphill. I coasted through it turning right at about 5mph or so. The car next to me honks,I thought oh well,it's uphill,we were the only 2 around and I'm in a hurry. Apparently he changed his course,cause when I saw him he was in the lane to take a left,he must have jumped into my lane. He pulls up next to me at a intersection a few blocks down and kept staring at me;

(after him staring at me for about 30 seconds)
bw- Can I help you?
guy - Fcuk you!
bw- Excuse me?
guy-Did you f*ckin stop back there?
bw- Nope,not completely.(I was angry now)
guy- You could have hit someone!
bw- o.k. old man,did you even look around? No one was there.
guy(looks forward) - *mutters more f-bombs*
bw- Look I'm 19,you an old guy you can at least look at me when your talking ****************.(I just stared him)

The light changes and he turns left and at the top of his lungs he yells, 'fcuk face!'

Oh man people are crazy.

I've seen people run straight through red lights and I've cared less,makes you really wonder how much someone could suck in order to follow you around.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:34 AM   #6

Even after a good night sleep I still am baffled as to why this guy would do that. Was he practicing NASCAR blocking moves? Goad me to race?

I'm used to guys trying to impress me with radical passing maneuvers in bumper to bumper traffic. Or "drafting" off my rear. Or pulling hole shots at when the light turns green. I tolerate it and smile cuz after all we were all daft when we were young. No offense to the young folks. We're supposed to be a little daft when young. LOL But last night was over the top.

I'm lucky that the trooper that stopped us was a cool guy. A lot of others would have cited me for something.

Do Vette drivers get the same thing? BMW M3's too? MB owners? etc.....
Or are Porsches considered easy prey? LOL

IDEA: retirement community located on a road track(hey, they do it with golf courses)
Old 09-01-2007, 04:36 AM   #7

Is it the cars or the drivers?

One consistent theme in these postings is the Boxster drivers are first doing something wrong. Sometimes it is rolling through a red light, sometimes jumping lane to lane and passing on the left.

In my neck of the woods, the "after the game" antics would have gotten you an aggressive driving ticket good for at least $1000.

And what you thought was 5MPH rolling, may have appeared to be much faster because you were only at 5 for a split second.

Now were the people who confronted or changed lanes to block you right? No, it isn't their place do do either (and the latter brings a ticket with big $$ too, nor is it wise) but think of what you did to provoke. Had a few brewskies at the game, did ya?

And your attitude...'how dare anyone slow me down, I'm superior'.

Let me assure you Porsches crumple easier than Civics and are much much more expensive to repair (if it can be done at all). And our bodies crumple too ....

Drive safe
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 05:21 AM   #8

Before this thread goes where it is headed, I will ask all to tone it down and pull out the profanity from any posts. No one is JUSTIFIED in driving recklessly.

Hey, he who is without sin should caste the first stone!

Be well all.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 05:31 AM   #9

Mike, no beers at the game. You misread. I was blocked. Then moved to the next lane and was blocked again. This was repeated 3 times. Definitely intentional. And you're right. I could have backed off and pulled over to the breakdown lane. That would be the PC thing to do. That would be the passive thing. The intelligent thing. The correct thing. The nicey nice thing. Maybe next time I'll do this. Maybe it's a porsche thing.

If I was in a bar and some guy physically blocked me 3 times it would be time to fight. It's just the way it is. And then you deal with the consequences. On the road it's a very passive aggressive thing.

Listen guys. The PC stuff is way overrated. Just be a guy. Show respect and get respect. Someone violates that and it's ok to be a man. IMO If you went and poked a pit bull with a stick and got mauled I sure as hell wouldn't fault the pit bull. We don't have to defend idiots.

BTW: A guy doesn't think; 'how dare anyone slow me down, I'm superior'. LOL It's more like WTF!
Old 09-01-2007, 05:45 AM   #10
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wild1poet2

IDEA: retirement community located on a road track(hey, they do it with golf courses)
On a lighter note, they do sorta have what you describe above...

Private track community...

Check it out: http://www.unlimitedspeed.net/site02.html

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 06:23 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtaboy
On a lighter note, they do sorta have what you describe above...

Private track community...

Check it out: http://www.unlimitedspeed.net/site02.html
wow... that is cool !! .... .... retirement is looking better and better... LOL
Old 09-01-2007, 07:23 AM   #12

heh heh - when i am driving my old beater civic, I roll through stop signs 10 times worse than I do with my boxster. It is nice having a car that you can plow into a tree and not flip your lid after it happens.

I also don't know what any of you are thinking! I certainly wouldn't start a fight/brake check jerks with the Pcar. If you are going to start a fight, at least dont fight it with something you would want to not get dented/smashed.
JCL12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 05:14 PM   #13

I agree, but it does not mean that once we commit sins, we should do it repeteadly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee

Hey, he who is without sin should caste the first stone!

Be well all.

Old 09-02-2007, 05:09 AM   #14

Cool

These guys never cease to amaze me, yesterday driving east on I-78 in the middle lane, I passed a Yukon that was in the left lane. I was doing about 75 and he about 72. He whipped behind me, then over into the right lane passing me, whips in front of me then back into the left lane!
Was that his version of a Yukon driving circles around a Porsche?
Tom Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 05:35 AM   #15

Shortly after crossing into Texas two days ago I entered a small town with very little traffic. This traffic included a Chrysler Crossfire driven by a complete idiot.

Idiot sees me and pulls into the lane next to me and starts revving his engine trying to get me to race. It's pointless, because Texas has tons of cops and we're on a 45 MPH road and stuck behind RVs.

Once his RV turns off onto a side road, idiot goes flying off into the distance. But he's not done yet. He stopped up ahead and got into my lane, so I moved over behind a slow-moving pickup. As I approched him, he waved his arm wildly and swerved all over his lane. Again he tried to rev his engine (which I could barely hear). Finally he figured tailgating me about 3" off of my rear bumper was the way to get me to race. The entire time he had this "My IQ is under seven" grin on his face.

Idiot eventually gave up. When he backed off, I gave him the finger for tailgating and went on my way.

At least it wasn't a "Wide Load" semi hauling a dump truck and doing 30-over in a construction zone.

Sold September 4th, 2007.
Rodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 06:02 AM   #16

You just never know when or why the ugly jealousy thing will rear its head. A few years ago I was driving my old '78 911 SC on I-5 NB in Portland. I'd just put on four new Bridgestone Z-rated tires and was enjoying the quiet ride and difference in handling the new tires gave the SC. I was putting along in the fast lane just above the 55, passing the slower lane traffic in a leisurely way. Two kids in a beater Toyota truck saw me approaching from behind and changed lanes into my path so I would have to slow down. No biggie I thought, and changed lanes to pass on the right. They weren't having any of that, and changed lanes again to block my pass. A little pissed at the delibrate provocation, I returned to the left lane and accelerated to get past these idiots. As I approached 70, the Toyota SWERVED into my lane and slowed to about 45. The driver was fully aware of my presence, making eye contact in his rearview mirror. The passenger kept looking back and grinning like a retarded baboon. I then made the mistake of flipping off the two wackos. Toyota man jammed on his brakes to nearly a dead stop in the fast lane. To avoid hitting the P.O.S. truck I really smoked my brand new tires. I just couldn't believe anyone could be so relentlessly petty as to put us both at risk like this. I quickly got off the freeway at the next exit, noticing meanwhile that my new tires now had flat spots enough to induce a slight thump with rotation. Lesson learned: Don't let things escalate like I did. Just leave the scene by turning off or slowing down. The next brain dead juvenile you encounter may have a pistol.
evilmorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 06:22 AM   #17

What really amazes me is that you were in a Porsche, and some dork in a Hyundai was able to keep you blocked. You should have been able to easily "bust a move" that would have left the guy's head spinning as he watched your taillights grow smaller. You could have faked a lane change and then zipped around him on the other side.

I didn't have any problems passing idiots on my way home from Yankee stadium after the Yanks swept the Sox! BTW, you do realize that the Yanks are going to beat the Sox this year, dontcha?
Even Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 07:12 AM   #18

LOL... yes I hope we don't face the Yanks in the play offs. Although they do own the biggest post season "choke" in MLB history.... LOL But the Yanks offense has no concern over facing our vaunted pitching. What I can't figure out is how teams like Tampa Bay beat em ?? The Yanks have scored 100 runs more than the Sox so far this season...

Evilmorg - that's essentially what my situ was. Baffling, although I suspect they operate on the premise that if you drive a porsche you are an effete privelaged yuppie wuss.

Tomorrow I'm going on a ride with my harley buddies. Riding in a pack of harleys is an experience. On the highway the cars part like the Red Sea. It's an amazing thing. Could be herd mentality. But it contrasts sharply with the experiences in my porsche. LOL
Old 09-02-2007, 08:01 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Even Steven
WBTW, you do realize that the Yanks are going to beat the Sox this year, dontcha?
I stopped watching baseball during the 2004 ALCS when the Yankees were up 3-0 after whipping the Sox 19-8 in game three. I figured the Sox were on their way to another choke and I was sick of seeing it happen. Can you tell me what happened after that?
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 03:56 PM   #20

LOL

I really don't get it. I'm not complaining but again Tampa Bay beat the Yanks their 7 ERA pitcher holding them to 2 runs!!

The Yankees only get up for the Sox games?