Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2016, 06:17 AM   #1

WTB: Race seats

Anyone have any sparco, Recaro race seats that they are no longer using or upgrading?

Thanks

cellkid22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:06 AM   #2

I do, I have 3:

Edit: Recaro is confirmed sold but I have the other 2 halo seats.

Recaro Profi - with Recaro side mount, sliders, BK seat track adapter, tunnel side seat belt receptacle adapter, and sub bar. This seat is older and was originally red but I bought new seat cushions and seat cover and recovered it so it looks new. I just took it out of my car because I got a 2nd Profi XL.

Recaro Profi Recaro Profi XL SPG Fixed Bucket Racing Seat-Stable Energies

Cobra evolution pro GT width halo seat, 2013 date. With cobra allow side mounts, sliders, and I have a seat track adapter and possibly a sub bar and seat belt receiver.

Very similar to this one:
https://www.subesports.com/cobra/evolution-pro-fit/cob-9000

Sparco circuit pro - not GT width - in black but with one red seat cushion. This one is a little older (as is the Recaro). I may have side mounts, adapters, etc but I would have to dig around a little. I don't have a picture but I can get one. I couldn't find this one online (I will search later, I am in a work training right now)

Unfortunately I don't have a matched pair of anything. If you are interested I can get some pictures and some prices (I haven't really thought about selling them until I got my car sorted which I just did, and I am at a 1 week work training right now, so pictures would have to wait until I get back). Actually I may have some pictures in email, pm me your email and I will send what I have and when I get back I can take some more if desired.

Steve

Edit: these would be good HPDE seats. Only the Cobra is still in-date with regard to FIA and it only has a year or so left. Many club racing organizations allow the use of out of date seats with a back brace installed.

Last edited by steved0x; 01-13-2016 at 08:27 AM.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 01:43 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. The car is a 100% HPDE car so certs really don't matter. How big are you I am just trying to get a feel of any of these seats would support me enough. I am 5'9 with a 33" waist. Toss me out some prices and if not to inconvenient a pic or two.

Thanks
James
cellkid22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 02:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellkid22 View Post
Thanks for the reply. The car is a 100% HPDE car so certs really don't matter. How big are you I am just trying to get a feel of any of these seats would support me enough. I am 5'9 with a 33" waist. Toss me out some prices and if not to inconvenient a pic or two.

Thanks
James
5'9" 33" waist I think the Profi would be perfect for you or the Sparco Circuit Pro Halo seat. I am 6'2" 36" waist and 240 lbs. I can fit in the Recaro but it is tight! My waist fits in the Sparco but my shoulders are too wide. The base of the Cobra is perfect for me but my shoulders are a touch too wide. I have resolved never to buy another seat unless I have sat in it first!

Here is the Profi. It was originally red but I bought new cushions and seat cover from Recaro and installed them. You can see a little red peeking out in the left of the picture from the covering on the seat base but you can't see it when the seat is installed. Not included is the synthetic leather "Recaro" seat bolster protector that is installed on the right side of the seat as I have moved that over to the replacement for this seat. I got it from eBay

Edit: this is a rough picture - when I get back I'll take it outside and get some better pictures... This is the only picture I have on my phone that doesn't have someone sitting in the seat which mostly blocks the seat...

Here is what is included:

Recaro Profi seat:
Recaro Profi Recaro Profi XL SPG Fixed Bucket Racing Seat-Stable Energies

Steel Profi side mounts:
Recaro Side Mount Bracket - per seat-Stable Energies

Recaro slider: (I am 99.9999% certain it is double locking, I can confirm)
Recaro Seat Slider-Stable Energies

Brey-Krause tunnel side seat belt receptacle adapter
Brey Krause Tunnel Side Seat Belt Anchor

Brey-Krause seat track adapter
Brey Krause R-9040 Recaro Slider Adapter - Porsche 996/997/986/987

BK Sub bar
Brey Krause Sub Belt Mount - Porsche 996/997/Boxster/Cayman

I am looking for $650 for all of this. Until a week or two ago I had this installed as the passenger seat in my car. It has everything needed for installation.

I would recommend you get an extra seat belt receptacle from Woody and put it on this seat as it is a hassle to get it off of the old seat due to having to remove it from the wiring harness. Not that bad, but it is a hassle For harness mounting I can give you a Schroth rally end that you can bolt along side the seat belt receptacle that you can snap your lap belt in to (I might have 2 and you can use the other end for mounting the other end of the lap belt to the OEM seat belt location) or I can share some part numbers for mounting an eye bolt there to snap the lap belt onto, for around $5.

I can probably ship UPS for $65 if I can fit it into a 34" wardrobe box from UPS, otherwise it will be $100 (UPS oversize charges). I am pretty certain I can fit in the 34" box though for the cheaper (LOL) shipping.

I will get back from my business trip Saturday evening and I can take some more photos then if you would like of this seat or the Sparco. I probably have enough stuff to get a full mounting kit for the Sparco as well, for sure I do for direct floor mounting and maybe for a slider as well)

Steve

Last edited by steved0x; 01-12-2016 at 02:25 PM.
Old 01-12-2016, 02:44 PM   #5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellkid22 View Post

Thanks
James
I run in several New York and New Jersey events at least 2 will check the certification date, seat and seat-belts
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 03:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsceash View Post
I run in several New York and New Jersey events at least 2 will check the certification date, seat and seat-belts
I have never been checked at PCA events or the other ones I run in the South East. If they had, my understanding (for PCA HPDE anyway) is that they would check for harness expiration, but not seat expiration. Some folks in the Florida crown PCA run the Corbeau FX Pro or other reputable seats which do not have any FIA certification with no trouble (not my choice but they do it)

That is an important point to clear up with the groups you run with before putting in any aftermarket seat.

Steve

Edit: Helmet seems to be the main one they check... I have never not had that one checked...