Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2018, 03:43 PM   #21
Racer Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesp View Post
Done.

And it is aptly named "ignore".

I don't care how much information you have, or how high an opinion of yourself you have. Treating people poorly is disrespectful and should not be tolerated, and "search is your friend" is insulting and arrogant.

If you're unable add value to a string stay silent.
I'm guessing that you are probably a pretty nice person, because most people are. But you sure come across as someone that isn't in your posts in this thread.

It sounds like you were having a really bad week when you opened this thread, I hope things are going better for you now.

Racer Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:50 PM   #22

Quote:
Really? No wonder no one responded to this. Sure would have been helpful to have someone provide their experience instead of this completely unhelpful post. Mikefocke, never respond to one of my posts again, I don't care if I'm dying and your response is the only thing that can save me, don't respond. I don't care if you realize that I've been dead for three days and you are the only one who knows, even then, don't respond. I'm looking for someone who has something positive or helpful to say, and you are not that person. Folks like you make this less of a forum. Just leave. Too harsh? I think not.
Wow. You really need to lighten up a bit there, fella. Kick back. Take a pill. There was nothing in the least “adversarial” about mikefocke’s response, which was simply a suggestion that those who respond to your open-ended question provide some basis upon which their opinions are given. Opinions without hands-on experience are typically pretty much useless. And his response in no way amounted to an action “shutting down the conversation.” (Sometimes people just don't feel like responding. Or those with useful information just happen not to be perusing the forum for a few days.) Furthermore, there was nothing included in his post which fell short of being “polite and civil.” In your juvenile responses you’ve managed to disparage and malign, in the most impolite and uncivil manner, two of the more knowledgeable sources of information on this forum (the second being JFP). You, my friend, are the only poster in this thread who’s been “disrespectful.”

Get your act together. Play by the not-that-strenuous set of rules. Do a search. If it comes up empty, say so. Maybe your choice of key words for searching falls short of what's ideal—we’re all guilty of that on occasion. Once you’ve made that attempt, there’s lots of people on this forum who are more than willing to be helpful. Or, if you wish, go with your original inclination: be the “jerk”. If that’s the case, it will be you (not those others) who loses out.
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:26 AM   #23
Who's askin'?

So.... sheepishly.... with my tail between my legs....
is this what I looked like when I first joined, and got my panties all bunched-up right out of the chute?

Hahahaha.
Sorry guys. It's easier to see when it's somebody else. ;-)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:15 PM   #24
Beginner

Garage
Frodo,

I did a search. You clearly have a short attention span poor reading skills, or perhaps even a limited intellect. My bet's on the last, and you may want to wipe your nose.

Maytag,

Why are you here? Where is your engine rebuild or SAI string or any other helpful advice to others? I've never read a smaller troll.

Jake was right.

Last edited by Jamesp; 07-16-2018 at 04:54 PM.
Jamesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 05:31 PM   #25
Who's askin'?

Quote:

Maytag,

Why are you here? Where is your engine rebuild or SAI string or any other helpful advice to others? I've never read a smaller troll.

Jake was right.
Huh....

So.... my comment was clearly designed to build a bridge.... to calm the tempest... to say "I've been here too.... " because I have. I spurned JFP on almost my first day here, just a couple of months ago. But he's a big enough fella that he seems to have forgiven me my first-day offenses. (Thanks JFP! ;-) )

That you choose to take offense to my post (like many other's) suggests you're really struggling here... I feel bad for ya. Really. I know a few other people who tend to alienate people faster than they can meet them, like you're doing here. It's a lonely existence.

My gut says, though, that you are probably not like this in person. You're probably a very mild mannered guy, who avoids confrontation at all costs, except with your mother / landlord.

Hang in there though, pal. Puberty ends eventually, and things get better as you grow into those hormones.

We're all rooting for ya!

Old 07-16-2018, 05:37 PM   #26
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Here's my take:

Dogs are the worst. Really.
I mean, they're primarily followers, not leaders. They're smelly, especially when wet. They take human sized poos. They bark loudly, which is so annoying. They're always trying to jump up on and/or lick your guests. Their breath stinks. Most slobber. And, worst of all, they eat cat poo.

Let that be the final word on it.
I'm out...
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 05:52 PM   #27

Quote:
Frodo,

I did a search. You clearly have a short attention span poor reading skills, or perhaps even a limited intellect. My bet's on the last, and you may want to wipe your nose.
Well, Sir, I stand corrected, you did mention doing a search. You might have mentioned that in your first post, where it might have done some good, where it might have coaxed people towards being helpful in your cause instead of alienating probably close to everyone exposed to your annoying hostility. Does not play well with others, apparently. I’d bet your parents read those words a lot not so many years ago.

My reading skills are just fine, thank you, but possibly you are right: I do have a short attention span when it comes to reading ill-conceived drivel spewed by unmannered individuals such as yourself. I pay attention when the source is worthy of listening to. You failed miserably in that regard. It doesn’t take a lot of “intellect” to grasp that.
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 08:37 PM   #28
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
Here's my take:

Dogs are the worst. Really.
I mean, they're primarily followers, not leaders. They're smelly, especially when wet. They take human sized poos. They bark loudly, which is so annoying. They're always trying to jump up on and/or lick your guests. Their breath stinks. Most slobber. And, worst of all, they eat cat poo.

Let that be the final word on it.
I'm out...
Ha! A well thought-out argument!

Old 07-17-2018, 07:13 AM   #29

Quote:
Frodo,

Maytag,

Jake was right.
wow, amazing how you berate other posts for lacking respect and then you go and do the same thing.

Perhaps you're the one to be ignored
Quadcammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 07:54 AM   #30
Who's askin'?

For whatever it's worth; having done dozens of clutches in European cars (none yet in this, my first porsche), I'd suggest that either brand will serve just fine / equally in at least 99% of possible driving situations. Both are used by various manufacturers as an OEM supplier. Both have quality standards that can be depended upon.

If you TRACK your car.... then this answer isn't as useful, because that last 1% of driving situations MIGHT illuminate a difference between the two.

So DO you? Track you car, I mean.

Old 07-17-2018, 09:14 AM   #31

There are enough angry 8 year olds in my life...

Please add me to your ignore list.

I have added you to mine.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:08 AM   #32

I bought and installed the Sachs clutch/pressure plate and the LUK Dual Mass Flywheel last year. The clutch performs perfectly with no problems.

dsallean is offline   Reply With Quote