View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 08:50 PM   #22
Frodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesp View Post
Really? No wonder no one responded to this. Sure would have been helpful to have someone provide their experience instead of this completely unhelpful post. Mikefocke, never respond to one of my posts again, I don't care if I'm dying and your response is the only thing that can save me, don't respond. I don't care if you realize that I've been dead for three days and you are the only one who knows, even then, don't respond. I'm looking for someone who has something positive or helpful to say, and you are not that person. Folks like you make this less of a forum. Just leave. Too harsh? I think not.
Wow. You really need to lighten up a bit there, fella. Kick back. Take a pill. There was nothing in the least “adversarial” about mikefocke’s response, which was simply a suggestion that those who respond to your open-ended question provide some basis upon which their opinions are given. Opinions without hands-on experience are typically pretty much useless. And his response in no way amounted to an action “shutting down the conversation.” (Sometimes people just don't feel like responding. Or those with useful information just happen not to be perusing the forum for a few days.) Furthermore, there was nothing included in his post which fell short of being “polite and civil.” In your juvenile responses you’ve managed to disparage and malign, in the most impolite and uncivil manner, two of the more knowledgeable sources of information on this forum (the second being JFP). You, my friend, are the only poster in this thread who’s been “disrespectful.”

Get your act together. Play by the not-that-strenuous set of rules. Do a search. If it comes up empty, say so. Maybe your choice of key words for searching falls short of what's ideal—we’re all guilty of that on occasion. Once you’ve made that attempt, there’s lots of people on this forum who are more than willing to be helpful. Or, if you wish, go with your original inclination: be the “jerk”. If that’s the case, it will be you (not those others) who loses out.
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote