Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2014, 01:48 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Roberts View Post
I read through ALL the posts.. NOBODY asked him what the car was doing (or not doing) LOL

You don't want ANY piece of ASP.. stay out..

Back to the car: what's it doing or not doing? Low speed understeer? High speed understeer? Low speed oversteer? High speed oversteer?

I tell everyone to leave the cars alone until your ass is calibrated and can tell me/us what it's doing.

I agree, ASP is dominated by big HP cars... Which class besides stock would you run in, supposing you want to mod the car? I mean, street tires and suspension will only get you so far. I went with coilovers and wide slicks because I wanted the car to go faster, plus, Its a way bigger rush putting down good times....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3RotorRx7 View Post
To your original question, I would say that a street prepared setup and Hoosiers would by worth very close to 3 seconds. However, until the Boxster goes to a turbocharged 4 cylinder, the Boxster is not the best car for ASP compared to the boost buggie AWD cars and the boosted Solstice/Sky. Your car in BS, if you have the Boxster S, is one of the top cars that I think can win in the new BS class. Your time differential to the top 5 can probably be made up going to Version 2 RS-3's all around, as they are proving to be the best street tire for the Street class at this point. I would agree going to a larger rear bar on your car as the stock chassis tends to struggle with push. Also, if you are faster than Courtney, you are driving very very well, keep it up!

Erik Strelnieks
30 years autocross experience, past SEB member, a have prepped a few Championship cars in Stock, SP, Prepared, and Street Modified.
For the nationals, didnt the S2000s take the first 10 spots in BS? I think there may have been a boxster or cayman in 13th or 14th place. I dont think they stand a chance in any class with the SCCA

Bigsmoothlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:17 PM   #22

The winning CR S2000 now run in AS under new classification system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmoothlee View Post
I agree, ASP is dominated by big HP cars... Which class besides stock would you run in, supposing you want to mod the car? I mean, street tires and suspension will only get you so far. I went with coilovers and wide slicks because I wanted the car to go faster, plus, Its a way bigger rush putting down good times....

For the nationals, didnt the S2000s take the first 10 spots in BS? I think there may have been a boxster or cayman in 13th or 14th place. I dont think they stand a chance in any class with the SCCA
3RotorRx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:18 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3RotorRx7 View Post
The winning CR S2000 now run in AS under new classification system.
Yes, the S2000 CR was moved up to AS.... I think the Honda S2000 base should be moved up to AS as well.

Bigsmoothlee is offline   Reply With Quote