Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2020, 09:51 AM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by azlvr View Post
The President is clearly in over his head. Just watched an interview with the head of Army Corp Of Engineers, wow I want him for president..
yes hopefully if we all make it out of this we'll re-evaluate our unearned worship of the self-proclaimed rich and famous (as well as the "rich for being famous"). Let's worship those who speak with the expertise of a person who sits down and READS the subject matter with a humbling effect.. because they realize how much is still left to learn.

BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Old 03-27-2020, 09:55 AM   #102
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
yes hopefully if we all make it out of this we'll re-evaluate our unearned worship of the self-proclaimed rich and famous (as well as the "rich for being famous"). Let's worship those who speak with the expertise of a person who sits down and READS the subject matter with a humbling effect.. because they realize how much is still left to learn.
oooohhhh.... I LOVE this idea. Wouldn't THAT be a change from what we've had at the helm for the last many years?
Old 03-27-2020, 10:13 AM   #103
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Quote:
Yes the Boxster S continues to be my only car since 2004. From 9k miles to 110k as of this morning.
Glad to see you still have it. Have you been doing anything with/to your car during the 'quarantine'?
Old 03-27-2020, 10:14 AM   #104
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Hope you're the next case so you can give us your expert advise about it.
Quote:
That just makes your original statement all the more ridicules.
Sit and spin, you worthless a**hole.

Last edited by particlewave; 03-27-2020 at 10:24 AM.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:35 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
oooohhhh.... I LOVE this idea. Wouldn't THAT be a change from what we've had at the helm for the last many years?
"last many years"? Who are you including in the last many years?

Let's not forget that of the last 4 presidents, 2 were sucking at the teet of their rich parents, while two were self-made.

2 lowered the deficit, one actually left a surplus to his successor, while two ballooned it.

Two left office with a better economy than they inherited, one left nearly a 2nd great depression, and we don't know yet what the current one is leaving, but as I predicted nearly a year ago, the prospects don't look good.

You're smart, I don't think I need to tell you who each of those presidents were.

And in response to your earlier post, I call him Rump partly because I despise him so much that I don't want to say his name, let alone type it. He's a chronic liar and he conned me, and I'll never forgive that. Partly because he calls people names every day, and partly because it annoys his Rumpetteers.

Last edited by piper6909; 03-27-2020 at 10:40 AM.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:49 AM   #106
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
I personally have nothing more to say on this but what the heck, this seems to nail it

https://youtu.be/bkMwvmJLnc0?list=RDCMUCS6scxofr3K4j5q7hn6xQmQ
Old 03-27-2020, 12:32 PM   #107

Old 03-27-2020, 12:41 PM   #108
Who's askin'?

well, just this moment received a text message that my brother has tested positive. He's a relatively-healthy 58 yrs-old, so he'll be just fine... though he's pretty miserable right now.

One week ago tomorrow I was laying under his Audi with him. it was that evening he first noticed symptoms.

So I'm crossing my fingers, and leaving the office now.

I called, and they won't test me because I'm showing no symptoms. :dance:
Old 03-27-2020, 01:03 PM   #109

Garage
Quote:
I try pretty hard not to compare my expectations of myself to what I expect of anyone else. It's not a contest. I simply want to be the best I can be. Of COURSE I hold myself to a much higher level of civility than I hold someone who doesn't show excessive civility himself. The question I have is: why don't YOU? (I'm not accusing, I'm simply responding to your surprise)
Hmm, I was just about to ask you the same thing!
Old 03-27-2020, 01:27 PM   #110

Quote:
well, just this moment received a text message that my brother has tested positive. He's a relatively-healthy 58 yrs-old, so he'll be just fine... though he's pretty miserable right now.

One week ago tomorrow I was laying under his Audi with him. it was that evening he first noticed symptoms.

So I'm crossing my fingers, and leaving the office now.

I called, and they won't test me because I'm showing no symptoms. :dance:
Crossing my fingers for you, Maytag, and wishing a speedy recovery for your brother.

Take care of yourself and please keep us posted.

Last edited by piper6909; 03-27-2020 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-27-2020, 01:48 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper6909 View Post
I call him Rump partly because partly because he calls people names every day...
I get that insulting others is his insecurity coping mechanism. But at a time like this you think he would pivot to Reagan Mode (the way you win all the states of your opposition party but one). Reagan had all manner of people criticizing him, mocking his intelligence and knowledge. But he rose above it all because he knew challenging times like Civil War, World War, Great Depression and historic yet unpopular civil rights legislation pushed great leaders to show their best to the world. 400 Americans died today. this is a national tragedy. And this guy spends the day criticizing "that woman governor of Michigan" for having the gall to ask for federal assistance during a pandemic.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Old 03-27-2020, 02:06 PM   #112
Who's askin'?

Quote:
I get that insulting others is his insecurity coping mechanism. But at a time like this you think he would pivot to Reagan Mode (the way you win all the states of your opposition party but one). Reagan had all manner of people criticizing him, mocking his intelligence and knowledge. But he rose above it all because he knew challenging times like Civil War, World War, Great Depression and historic yet unpopular civil rights legislation pushed great leaders to show their best to the world. 400 Americans died today. this is a national tragedy. And this guy spends the day criticizing "that woman governor of Michigan" for having the gall to ask for federal assistance during a pandemic.
I've sure wished for this from him. Mostly because even when he has a good idea, people try to block him because they hate him.
I support every effort to get the economy moving again, as quickly as possible. I support setting a date as a target. And when somebody comes back at me with "so you choose the economy and wealth over lives and health" as they have with him, I'd like to think I'm articulate enough to point out the fallacy in that. But he's either not capable, or thinks he shouldn't have to, and they burn him to the ground. this creates the climate we have right now where liberal politicians want to be seen as hard- line on the "quarantines", so as to demonstrate how opposed they are to trump.
Again: extremes which do no good, rather than a coming-together of minds over the science.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2020, 02:17 PM   #113

Garage
As said Before.. Keep it civil guys! If we where cavemen, we would all be driving cars with rear mounted engines.. That said, what am I doing during quarantaine, well there are signs I´ve got a bit too much time on my hands..

Old 03-27-2020, 02:56 PM   #114

Quote:
I've sure wished for this from him. Mostly because even when he has a good idea, people try to block him because they hate him.
I support every effort to get the economy moving again, as quickly as possible. I support setting a date as a target. And when somebody comes back at me with "so you choose the economy and wealth over lives and health" as they have with him, I'd like to think I'm articulate enough to point out the fallacy in that. But he's either not capable, or thinks he shouldn't have to, and they burn him to the ground. this creates the climate we have right now where liberal politicians want to be seen as hard- line on the "quarantines", so as to demonstrate how opposed they are to trump.
Again: extremes which do no good, rather than a coming-together of minds over the science.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
He just said that nobody imagined this could happen, when he damn well knows, and now WE know, that he'd been WARNED and BRIEFED about a possible event EXACTLY like this. He disbanded the Pandemic Response Team, that was set up during the Obama administration. Then he blames the Obama administration and the previous ones because he was handed a "broken system". And calls the governors names who tell him they need more help.

Why do they hate him? Because he constantly lies. He wants "appreciation" poor little sad boy!

EDIT: While he was giving his Liar-side chat, We reached 100,000 confirmed cases. The most of any country in the world. This started 3 months ago on the other side of the world. We had plenty of time to prepare. But he instead chose to call it or the warnings of it a "hoax". And we're left with a brain-drain since he disbanded the Pandemic Response Team. Don't let him blame this on other administrations. He had all the warnings and all the tools at his disposal.

Last edited by piper6909; 03-27-2020 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-27-2020, 03:06 PM   #115
Porsche "Purist"

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
What are you doing during social distancing/quarantine?

Still working?
Working from home?
Laid off?
School?
School from home?
Robbing gas stations?
Working on the Boxster?
Or maybe you have no idea what I'm talking about?

Let us know what you're up to...

I have run my current company from home for over 3 years so its mostly business as usual for me, except all of my in-person meetings are now calls or video. We're a biotech company and everyone is in different cities (and across the country) so the distributed geographic model was the best way to go.
Back to the original topic:

I've been splitting wood:

Owned and repaired Porsches since 1974. Porsche: It's not driving, it's therapy.
Old 03-27-2020, 03:07 PM   #116
Porsche "Purist"

Garage
And staying "hydrated":

Owned and repaired Porsches since 1974. Porsche: It's not driving, it's therapy.

Last edited by Paul; 03-27-2020 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-27-2020, 03:24 PM   #117
Racer Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert986 View Post

Did you replace the BOSE amp with that Marshall?
Old 03-27-2020, 03:43 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Boy View Post
No, silly! He's planning a cross-country trip and made himself a gold-leaf portable urinal!
Old 03-27-2020, 04:04 PM   #119

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Boy View Post
Yep! Still trying to fit the full stack, however I´m afraid the old Plexi-stuff adds a bit too much weight..

Last edited by Robert986; 03-28-2020 at 08:43 AM.
Old 03-27-2020, 04:05 PM   #120

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by piper6909 View Post
No, silly! He's planning a cross-country trip and made himself a gold-leaf portable urinal!
BUSTED... Without it I´ll look like this: :dance:

Closed Thread