View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 02:06 PM   #112
maytag
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
I get that insulting others is his insecurity coping mechanism. But at a time like this you think he would pivot to Reagan Mode (the way you win all the states of your opposition party but one). Reagan had all manner of people criticizing him, mocking his intelligence and knowledge. But he rose above it all because he knew challenging times like Civil War, World War, Great Depression and historic yet unpopular civil rights legislation pushed great leaders to show their best to the world. 400 Americans died today. this is a national tragedy. And this guy spends the day criticizing "that woman governor of Michigan" for having the gall to ask for federal assistance during a pandemic.
I've sure wished for this from him. Mostly because even when he has a good idea, people try to block him because they hate him.
I support every effort to get the economy moving again, as quickly as possible. I support setting a date as a target. And when somebody comes back at me with "so you choose the economy and wealth over lives and health" as they have with him, I'd like to think I'm articulate enough to point out the fallacy in that. But he's either not capable, or thinks he shouldn't have to, and they burn him to the ground. this creates the climate we have right now where liberal politicians want to be seen as hard- line on the "quarantines", so as to demonstrate how opposed they are to trump.
Again: extremes which do no good, rather than a coming-together of minds over the science.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk